ALL >> Career >> View Article
Personal Skills You Need To Land A Job In Finance And Banking
Total Articles: 49
Everybody can aspire to work in banking and finance but not everyone is fit for the job. It is no longer enough to get a top mark in university. Interpersonal and communication skills also play a vital role in becoming a successful banker, and that’s just to name a few. Finance and investment banking companies have their own list of the skills and talents that a future employee should possess. To be a competent candidate for the job, you must at least hold the following attributes:
1. Intellect and depth of knowledge. Intellect is not a skill measured by academic scores alone. Finance is a complicated world and it runs on high speed. You need to be a fast learner and understand situations at first glance. Good analytical skills and having an in-depth knowledge of all the products and services offered in a company will guide you in advising clients on their next step. You must also be aware of all the banking regulations. Regulations vary from place to place and having the ability to work your way around all the regulations is an important skill. To find out more about the requirements of Sydney finance jobs, visit Marks Sattin's site.
2. Resilience and being able to thrive in risky situations is another important talent someone in banking or finance must own. Finance in known for its highly pressured working environment. Working under pressure is a norm you should welcome with open arms. Do not expect to be sitting in an office relaxed and laid back. In current times, the stakes are getting higher and higher and you will have to work for longer to be able to meet expectations and create revenue. You need to have a genuine interest in the work that you do and the desire to do it well. Otherwise, you will quickly burn out. Check out markssattin.com.au to know more about jobs in banking.
3. Innovation and creativity. Finance companies are looking for people who can develop their business and find innovative ways to better the company’s position in the market. Technology has transformed the way businesses work and people are highly dependent on it. Manipulation of technology in favor of business growth will reap benefits and rewards. To find openings in banking and finance jobs, seek out Marks Sattin Australia.
4. International and global competency. Having a global outlook and creating opportunities outside the country is highly prized in any finance company. Employees who are fluent in other languages and possess the ability to work internationally is a valued asset especially today where there is a growing interest in globalization and the world is getting smaller. Finance workers should have an understanding on how the overseas market will affect local businesses. Read this source to get a list of accounting recruitment agencies Sydney.
5. People skills. The banking and finance sector is an industry that offers services to people. Customers and clients favor a business that understand them and can deliver timely results. You will most often find yourself ironing out conflicts and taking care of unsatisfied customers so it is important to be pro-active and treat the customer’s needs with high priority. Browse www.markssattin.com.au to get your choice of accounting recruitment agency.
Career Articles1. Role Of Management Information System In The Organization And How Mis Course In Delhi Is Beneficial?
Author: Talent Magnifier
2. Negative Aspects That Can Enhance Your Professional Profile
Author: Sophie Kaul
3. How Recruiters Can Help You To Make Your Organization More Beneficial?
Author: William Almonte
4. Build A Successful Career In Robotics And Automation With Rpa Training Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. 7 Questions To Ask During Job Interview When Given A Chance
Author: Sophie Kaul
6. Qualities You Should Look For When Choosing Recruiting Agencies In Nyc
Author: Tim Donnelly
7. Flat Tire – Didn’t Show Up To Work
Author: Dr. Jimmie Flores
8. Want To Become A Certified Sap Fico Consultant
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
9. Is There Any Difference Between Cad Freelance And Cad Outsource?
Author: Is There Any Difference Between CAD Freelance And
10. Marketing Staffing Agencies - 5 Key Advantages Of Using A Specialist Recruiter
Author: Tim Donnelly
11. How To Identify Top Placement Consultants In Delhi?
Author: jennifer jam
12. Things To Be Considered Before You Hire Writers For Online Writing Jobs In Kenya And India
Author: Hi I am Dennis, working as a freelance academic wr
13. Pre Designed Events With A Twist!
Author: Unknown Member
14. How To Answer – Tell Me About Yourself
15. Why You Need To Choose A Designer Tennis Bag
Author: Why you Need to Choose a Designer Tennis Bag