ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Appropriate Airplane Bathroom Etiquette
Total Articles: 468
Fliers are often more aware of how to find cheap travel options such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages than of proper airplane bathroom protocol.
Many travelers are unaware that an airplane’s bathroom has a sink that dispenses water of questionable potability that is host to many germs.
The following are tips for using an airplane bathroom with grace and courtesy, according to Smarter Travel:
• Before leaving an airplane bathroom wipe down the sink, deposit used paper towels in the trash receptacle, courtesy flush, and close the lid. Experienced travelers often chose to clean the bathroom before using it and bring a Lysol wipe.
• Do not ask nearby passengers to watch your child when you will be in a bathroom for a couple of minutes. Either bring your recently born child to the bathroom with you or ask a flight attendant if she or he can watch your child.
• If you prefer an aisle seat, be prepared to have to move when your seatmates have to go to the bathroom. You have no reason to express irritation when asked to move given that this is the trade off of being seated off of an aisle.
• Spend as little time as possible in an airplane lavatory. Do your business and move on. Remember that while there might not be a line for the bathroom when the door first shuts, long lavatory queues can form quickly. Do not use the bathroom to apply makeup, style hair, read a book, text, have a phone conversation, or do needlepoint.
• Make a point of using a bathroom shortly before boarding. Remember that there are times during taxi and after takeoff, as well as when landing that the seatbelt sign in on and passengers must remain seated. When at all possible avoid going to the lavatory during beverage and meal service when it is often difficult, if not impossible, to squeeze by a cart to get to the bathroom or return to your seat.
• Never be rude in line. If someone is clearly in the middle of a toilet emergency or families with children are waiting, invite them to move ahead of you. A side benefit of standing is that the longer you stand the quicker you body recovers from hours of being folded into a seat.
• Stay clear of small talk while waiting for the lavatory. Many passengers are disinclined to discuss vacation plans while trying to deal with the aftereffects of drinking several cups of water and coffee.
• Make certain that you do not forget to lock the lavatory door.
Travel Articles1. Numerous Benefits Of Hiring Dfw Airport Taxi Or Shuttle Service In Texas!
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Guided Tours To The Magical Hobbiton From Tauranga
Author: Roger Simister
3. How To Enjoy Great Facilities With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
4. Stylish Rides And Low Prices With Limousine Washington Dc
Author: Stylish rides and low prices with Limousine Washin
5. Plan Your Vacation To Luton Airport- Hire Great Britain Cars
Author: jack pero
6. Rajasthan’s Top Tourist Attractions To Visit In Summer Season
Author: Swati Jain
7. Travel The Unforgettable Experience Of Africa’s Amazing Botswana And Serengeti Balloon Safaris
Author: Ombeni African Safari
8. Top Places That Compel A Solo Explorer To Travel In India
Author: Aura Voyages
9. Latin America Tourism Is Booming And Tour Operator Offers The Best Advice To Get The Most Of It!
Author: Anna Avanesova
10. Book Your Hoi An Hotel From Us
Author: Ms. Emma Tran
11. Enjoy A Variety Of Benefits With All Inclusive Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
12. 4 Things That You Can Only Buy In Turkey
13. Get Married In San Antonio With A Wedding Party Bus San Antonio
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
14. 3 Quirkiest Bars In Melbourne That Are Straight Out Of Your Dreams
15. Wedding Guest Transportation In Phoenix Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus