ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Appropriate Airplane Bathroom Etiquette
Total Articles: 468
Fliers are often more aware of how to find cheap travel options such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages than of proper airplane bathroom protocol.
Many travelers are unaware that an airplane’s bathroom has a sink that dispenses water of questionable potability that is host to many germs.
The following are tips for using an airplane bathroom with grace and courtesy, according to Smarter Travel:
• Before leaving an airplane bathroom wipe down the sink, deposit used paper towels in the trash receptacle, courtesy flush, and close the lid. Experienced travelers often chose to clean the bathroom before using it and bring a Lysol wipe.
• Do not ask nearby passengers to watch your child when you will be in a bathroom for a couple of minutes. Either bring your recently born child to the bathroom with you or ask a flight attendant if she or he can watch your child.
• If you prefer an aisle seat, be prepared to have to move when your seatmates have to go to the bathroom. You have no reason to express irritation when asked to move given that this is the trade off of being seated off of an aisle.
• Spend as little time as possible in an airplane lavatory. Do your business and move on. Remember that while there might not be a line for the bathroom when the door first shuts, long lavatory queues can form quickly. Do not use the bathroom to apply makeup, style hair, read a book, text, have a phone conversation, or do needlepoint.
• Make a point of using a bathroom shortly before boarding. Remember that there are times during taxi and after takeoff, as well as when landing that the seatbelt sign in on and passengers must remain seated. When at all possible avoid going to the lavatory during beverage and meal service when it is often difficult, if not impossible, to squeeze by a cart to get to the bathroom or return to your seat.
• Never be rude in line. If someone is clearly in the middle of a toilet emergency or families with children are waiting, invite them to move ahead of you. A side benefit of standing is that the longer you stand the quicker you body recovers from hours of being folded into a seat.
• Stay clear of small talk while waiting for the lavatory. Many passengers are disinclined to discuss vacation plans while trying to deal with the aftereffects of drinking several cups of water and coffee.
• Make certain that you do not forget to lock the lavatory door.
Travel Articles1. Dfw Airport Shuttle Service & Other Options - Know Why They Are Best For Airport Ride
Author: Shaik Hossain
2. Cheap Boat Rental In Miami – Things You Should Know
Author: Pavel Pinchuk
3. Apply For An Australian Eta Visa
Author: Patricia Ehic
4. How Can A Taxi App Benefit An Existing Taxi Operator?
5. Holidays At Nepal Himalaya
Author: Sudip Shahi
6. Kerala Holidays Packages – Enjoy The Amazing Natural Beauty
Author: Top Travel
7. Angola Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: Dinesh Varma
8. Visit Interesting Attractions During Your New York Holidays
Author: Amanda Sutcliffe
9. 10 Travel Tips For Your First Trip To Turkey
Author: Archis Roy
10. Why Should You Book Galveston Transportation For Your Vacation?
Author: Phillip Mihatov
11. Wedding Transportation Fulfilled In Washington Dc Via Limousine In Dc
Author: Wedding Transportation Fulfilled in Washington DC
12. Taxi Services In Dehradun, Dehradun Taxi Service
13. Make Your Tour Outstanding With India Holiday Packages
Author: Tree Trunk Travel
14. Enjoy The Combination Of The Remote Valley On Choosing This Trekking Service
15. Enjoy Everest Base Camp Trek With Best Travelling Experience