ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Appropriate Airplane Bathroom Etiquette
Total Articles: 468
Fliers are often more aware of how to find cheap travel options such as cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages than of proper airplane bathroom protocol.
Many travelers are unaware that an airplane’s bathroom has a sink that dispenses water of questionable potability that is host to many germs.
The following are tips for using an airplane bathroom with grace and courtesy, according to Smarter Travel:
• Before leaving an airplane bathroom wipe down the sink, deposit used paper towels in the trash receptacle, courtesy flush, and close the lid. Experienced travelers often chose to clean the bathroom before using it and bring a Lysol wipe.
• Do not ask nearby passengers to watch your child when you will be in a bathroom for a couple of minutes. Either bring your recently born child to the bathroom with you or ask a flight attendant if she or he can watch your child.
• If you prefer an aisle seat, be prepared to have to move when your seatmates have to go to the bathroom. You have no reason to express irritation when asked to move given that this is the trade off of being seated off of an aisle.
• Spend as little time as possible in an airplane lavatory. Do your business and move on. Remember that while there might not be a line for the bathroom when the door first shuts, long lavatory queues can form quickly. Do not use the bathroom to apply makeup, style hair, read a book, text, have a phone conversation, or do needlepoint.
• Make a point of using a bathroom shortly before boarding. Remember that there are times during taxi and after takeoff, as well as when landing that the seatbelt sign in on and passengers must remain seated. When at all possible avoid going to the lavatory during beverage and meal service when it is often difficult, if not impossible, to squeeze by a cart to get to the bathroom or return to your seat.
• Never be rude in line. If someone is clearly in the middle of a toilet emergency or families with children are waiting, invite them to move ahead of you. A side benefit of standing is that the longer you stand the quicker you body recovers from hours of being folded into a seat.
• Stay clear of small talk while waiting for the lavatory. Many passengers are disinclined to discuss vacation plans while trying to deal with the aftereffects of drinking several cups of water and coffee.
• Make certain that you do not forget to lock the lavatory door.
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah