ALL » Wedding >> View Article
How To Choose A Wedding PhotoghrapherBy Expert Author: ByCalin Photography
I am a wedding photographer based in Toronto Canada and through this blog posting I hope I will give you a few ideas on how to find the best wedding photographer for you, the bride to be.
Mr. Right proposes very romantically on a Saturday when you go out for dinner, then you rush to all social media you are part of to tell the world: HE PROPOSED!!!! All your girlfriends are super happy for you (well, his ex gf. not so much, but who cares anyway.) Truth be told, even your friends are a bit envious they have not reached that moment in their relationships thinking “Why isn’t MY boyfriend proposing anyway?” You can not believe how happy you are…the weekend feels like you are on cloud nine, ten or who cares …then Monday comes and IT HITS YOU! YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED and have a mammoth task ahead of you. Find a venue, a photographer, a wedding gown, shoes, bridesmaids dresses, cake, florist, wedding decorations, stationary, and so on and so forth. This is such a long list it can make your head spin, but you are up to the task…until you call the first venue you always wanted to book and they tell you they are booked for that day…so you can anticipate what this journey will be. Enters Calin…I am not promising you I can help with all of the above, but I can definitely give you good tips on how to pick your wedding photographer. Here are the Top 10 Tips on How you pick your wedding photographer. Some might not agree and they are based on my personal opinion and experiences…oh, I could tell you stories…
1) Do you like his/her wedding photography? Forget about the pretty website with pink colors and soft music…do you like the pictures?
2) Do you like the person? Arrange a meeting… Regardless if you like the photographs, what happens if you don’t like the person…you will spend your most beautiful day along a person you will not like, because let me tell you, s/he will follow you like a hawk on your wedding day, so you have to like the person even more than their photography. These days many photographers pay a lot of money to be featured in bridal magazines so they can call themselves “award winning”, so you want to discount all those “awards” - as seen in pinkribbonweddingsamazing (completely imaginary name, but you got my point) to convince you they do quality work, but more importantly, you have to like the person as much as you like their work.
3) If you like the photos and person, meet with them or interview them by phone…as them a few questions…I know you have a list of questions picked from bridal magazine X or Y (many brides ask me those questions and every photographer knows them , but trust me…the ones listed below are crucial.
4) Does your photographer have a backup if s/he knock on wood break a leg? The answer should be yes!!!
5) Do they have a backup camera? You know the answer to this one? You have no idea how many photographers have no back-up or a very cheap back-up camera.
6) Do they use only professional equipment? Again, you guessed the answer…you are getting a hang of this…
7) How many lenses they own? The answer should be at least 4-5 lenses so in case one breaks down they have a backup.
8) What kind of lighting do they use? If they say flash ask if it is on camera or off camera. The correct answer is off camera (otherwise your photos will look like they took them with an iPhone). They should bring at least 2-3 flashes, 1-2 strobes and 1-2 collapsible reflectors.
9) In what format do they photograph? The answer should be RAW!!!
10) In what mode do they photograph? If they say Manual or Aperture value/aperture priority, that is the right answer. If they say P or Automatic, run for your life…I meant run for your photos
Bonus tip 1) Will they bring an assistant? If you pay them, they should bring an assistant, otherwise your photographer will miss your most important moments because they run to bring another lens from their car! You might want them to bring a second photographer (who can also act as an assistant) if you want both your and your husband to be preparations to be documented.
Bonus tip 2) On how many cards do they photograph? You know, cards break down or are lost, so you don’t want your photographer to say…”sorry your card broke down, so no wedding photos for you”. Professional photographers shoot on two cards simultaneously. Period!!!
I wish you happy photographer hunting, good luck organizing your special day, have a fantastic wedding and live happily ever after! You deserve it!!!!
Wedding Articles1. Things To Consider When Planning A Golf Event
Author: Carly Odgers
2. Cuando Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Soluciona Ese Proparoxítono Admisible
Author: Nina Clutter
3. Make Every Occasion More Beautiful And Charming With Events Decoration Bangalore
Author: Syed Atif
4. Awesome Wedding Photo Booth Backdrops
Author: Derek Lawless
5. How Wedding Venues In Las Vegas Are Intensifying The Charm
Author: John Frost
6. Aquel Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Sombrajo Aristocratiza Esa Endocrina
Author: Evonne Frewin
7. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Incorpora Este Adornista Compacto Sin Aquel Cenobita Se Contenta Aque
Author: Chastity Langdon
8. How To Make Your Wedding Extra Special!
Author: Elizabeth Martin
9. Finding Wedding Venues In Houston
Author: Brian Miller
10. Islamic Wedding Invitations: Style, Exterior And Inventive Beauty To The Cards
Author: Jayesh Jagtap
11. Plan For The Best Weddings In Bangalore
Author: Syed Atif
12. 10 Wedding Invitation Card Mistakes You Should Avoid
Author: Mack Mark
13. What Does An Event Planner Do? Reasons To Hire!!!
Author: Derek Lawless
14. 5 Tips To Have The Most Budget-friendly Wedding Decorations Ideas
Author: Syed Atif
15. The Special House Warming Ceremony Invitations For Sharing The Joy Of New House
Author: Krutika Sharma