ALL >> Business >> View Article
History And Developments In Internet Advertising
Total Articles: 2
Internet advertising is growing at a rapid pace, and is growing faster than any of the traditional methods. Even though it has been around since 1994, and is 18 years old, Internet advertising has gained immense popularity, and today it has become a necessity for every business owner to use it as a means of advertising, promoting and selling their products and services online. Let us take a look at the history and developments in Internet advertising that took place in these 18 years.
History of Internet advertising:
• Internet advertising or online advertising started in the year 1994.
• In mid 1990s, when the Internet was new to people, there was a misconception that it is only useful to the scientists and students who are pursuing computer related academics.
• The Internet became very common and easily available to people during 1996 and 1997. Then, slowly people started understanding that, the Internet can also be used in various ways.
• In 1994, HotWired first sold spaces on its website for advertisements to many businesses. This was the start of the Internet advertising.
• Advertisers began buying spaces on the popular websites where their company's brand would get noticed by the visitors.
• Number of websites started growing in thousands and millions, and advertisers felt that it was not good to stick to one popular website. Then the advertisers started buying spaces from many popular websites, and made their brands visible to many audiences.
Developments in Internet advertising:
• During early 2000s, Internet users started identifying the benefits of commercial services on the Internet. This lead to the craze of having a website for businesses/organization, so that the presence of their company is felt in the Internet.
• Since the start of Internet advertising, there was a constant growth till 1998 ($1.9 billion in annual revenue). But there was a huge growth in 1999 ($7.6 billion in annual revenue) and the momentum is still continuing. The revenue is increasing every year.
• But the companies were not sure whether the user would visit the company's website directly. Then came the concept of "banners" or "banner ads".
• A banner is a small note located at one side of the website with some information and link to the company's website. When clicked on that link, the user goes directly to the company's website.
• Internet advertising actually got noticed by the common people in 2007 with the help of Google. Google in 2007, brought a revolution of Internet advertising.
• As years passed on, developments in technology and animation advertisements increased, where the use of technologies like flash player, etc. came into existence.
• Animated advertisements are small videos or movies that attract the user easily.
• Animated advertisements make banner ads more lively and attractive.
• After 2010, with the introduction of smart phones and advanced mobile phones in the market, it became easier for businesses to promote their products/services to the people. These high end phones provided access to the Internet, and this is how Internet advertising market grew further.
• Social networking sites made targeted audiences closer to the companies and the interaction between them has become more simple.
Online advertising has become a global phenomenon, and in the years to come, there are a lot of surprises in store that will make online advertising platform easier to use.
In the present information era due to the abundant availability of information, our major challenge is not the lack of information but too much of information. Major-developments.net addresses this problem by providing only the major developments with global perspective conveniently organized on yearly basis. It helps by capturing the most important developments across various fields.
Business Articles1. How Ultratax In Cloud Offers Smart Taxation Solutions To Businesses?
Author: John Cox
2. Importance Of Electrical Surge Protection
3. Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass Part - Iii
Author: Unknown Member
4. Texas Property Tax Deadline Changes In 2018
Author: O'Connor & Associates
5. Take Your Business To New Heights
6. Physiotherapy Services In Mississauga
7. Bariatric Coordinator
Author: Gastric bypass California
8. Get The Best Digital Marketing Solutions
Author: makemy website
9. 4 Of The Most Familiar Roofing Services In Nyc You May Need From Time To Time
Author: Gabriel M
10. Avail Reliable Customs Broker Us Border To Ensure Smooth And Efficient Transit Of Import Goods
11. The Indian Wedding – A Day Of Joy And Celebration Like No Other
Author: Shabu Miah
12. Business Card Design Services In Hyderabad – Saga Bizsolutions
13. Online Course In E-commerce And Selling Online
Author: nicole ve
14. Financial Strategies In Restaurant Business Plan
15. Branded Watches For Men