ALL >> Business >> View Article
History And Developments In Internet Advertising
Total Articles: 2
Internet advertising is growing at a rapid pace, and is growing faster than any of the traditional methods. Even though it has been around since 1994, and is 18 years old, Internet advertising has gained immense popularity, and today it has become a necessity for every business owner to use it as a means of advertising, promoting and selling their products and services online. Let us take a look at the history and developments in Internet advertising that took place in these 18 years.
History of Internet advertising:
• Internet advertising or online advertising started in the year 1994.
• In mid 1990s, when the Internet was new to people, there was a misconception that it is only useful to the scientists and students who are pursuing computer related academics.
• The Internet became very common and easily available to people during 1996 and 1997. Then, slowly people started understanding that, the Internet can also be used in various ways.
• In 1994, HotWired first sold spaces on its website for advertisements to many businesses. This was the start of the Internet advertising.
• Advertisers began buying spaces on the popular websites where their company's brand would get noticed by the visitors.
• Number of websites started growing in thousands and millions, and advertisers felt that it was not good to stick to one popular website. Then the advertisers started buying spaces from many popular websites, and made their brands visible to many audiences.
Developments in Internet advertising:
• During early 2000s, Internet users started identifying the benefits of commercial services on the Internet. This lead to the craze of having a website for businesses/organization, so that the presence of their company is felt in the Internet.
• Since the start of Internet advertising, there was a constant growth till 1998 ($1.9 billion in annual revenue). But there was a huge growth in 1999 ($7.6 billion in annual revenue) and the momentum is still continuing. The revenue is increasing every year.
• But the companies were not sure whether the user would visit the company's website directly. Then came the concept of "banners" or "banner ads".
• A banner is a small note located at one side of the website with some information and link to the company's website. When clicked on that link, the user goes directly to the company's website.
• Internet advertising actually got noticed by the common people in 2007 with the help of Google. Google in 2007, brought a revolution of Internet advertising.
• As years passed on, developments in technology and animation advertisements increased, where the use of technologies like flash player, etc. came into existence.
• Animated advertisements are small videos or movies that attract the user easily.
• Animated advertisements make banner ads more lively and attractive.
• After 2010, with the introduction of smart phones and advanced mobile phones in the market, it became easier for businesses to promote their products/services to the people. These high end phones provided access to the Internet, and this is how Internet advertising market grew further.
• Social networking sites made targeted audiences closer to the companies and the interaction between them has become more simple.
Online advertising has become a global phenomenon, and in the years to come, there are a lot of surprises in store that will make online advertising platform easier to use.
In the present information era due to the abundant availability of information, our major challenge is not the lack of information but too much of information. Major-developments.net addresses this problem by providing only the major developments with global perspective conveniently organized on yearly basis. It helps by capturing the most important developments across various fields.
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning