ALL >> Business >> View Article
Weaving Fabrics – Exceptional Art Of Getting Threads Aligned In A Pattern To Form Fabrics.
Total Articles: 266
Weaving is a way of producing fabric. The saree is a traditional Indian fabric preferred by most women in India and is a national heritage. It is made by weaving, either by traditional handlooms or by modern power looms. There are very many centres for the handloom weaving of ethnic sarees across India. Kanjivaram, Dharmavaram, Arani, Mysore, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Banaras, Kota, Bhagalpur, Sambalpur, Bomkai, are well known for their unique weaves.
Weaving involves the following basic stages before the completed fabric is obtained.
The selection of yarn for the fabric which could be natural fibres like cotton, jute, silk or artificial like georgette, chiffon, polyester, nylon etc. or blends of both types. The spinning of yarn to make it into thread needed for the weaving. Spinning could involve rolling or twisting of more than one yarn fibre into a single thread for strength.
The separation of the thread, which is by reeling it onto a frame for the warp, and onto small reels or shuttles or bobbins for the weft to interlace with the warp threads for the weave. The weaving process, for the movement of the threads, across and forth, for completing the fabric.
Dyeing has now become an integral part of the weaving process since it is very rare for plain threads to be simply woven without any colouring done. Dyeing of threads is mostly done prior to the weave though you could have the woven fabric dyed after weaving too. Colours chosen are natural vegetable and organic dyes or chemical dyes, though the latter is mostly used nowadays on account of being cheaper and more easily available.
There are two distinct sets of threads known as warp (longitudinal lay on the loom or machine used for weaving) and weft (the lateral threads that are interlaced with the warp at right angles). The interstices or crossing of the threads determines the characteristic of the weave.
There are three basic weaves - the plain weave, the satin weave and the twill weave. Sometimes, an arrangement is also incorporated, for weaving a pattern or design, within a main weave, known as, jacquard. There are many types of looms for weaving fabrics which are operated by hand and known as handlooms.
Mass production of fabrics nowadays is more through power looms or automatic looms.
– Unnati Silks, has a fine collection of handloom weaving Sarees of different varieties, at attractive prices. With a wide range of ethnic Indian Sarees and Salwar Kameez, Unnati provides dispatch within 24 working hours of order, Free shipping and Cash on Delivery (COD) facility for Hyderabad, Metros and other Indian cities. Worldwide express shipping caters to countries such as USA,UK, Gulf states, Pakistan, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Canada, Chicago, New Zealand and many others.
Business Articles1. Top Reasons To Buy A Lamborghini Aventador Super Car
Author: Jason Jones
2. What Are The Most Common Carpet Stains At Your Oahu Home?
3. Our Mission - Cjs Haritha Homes
4. The Shared Fibers Wallet In-depth Review
Author: Lao Yutang
5. The Worst Things About Orlando Wedding Photography That Budding Wedding Photographers Must Take Into
Author: Vikram Kumar
6. Get The Right Ceo Mailing Lists For Your B2b Targeted Marketing
Author: germany email datasupply
7. Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning In Newport Beach
8. Meishen Hold A Contest Of Tug-of-war
Author: hu Allen
9. Avail Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore For Best Services
10. Looking For Quality Dietitian Leads To Grow Your Business? Switch To Averickmedia
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Buy Most Noteworthy Quality Upvc Item On-line
Author: sandip m
12. Burnerindo Teknik Utama
13. Huge Profits In Carpet Cleaning Business
14. Tips For Buying Shin Pads For Kids
Author: Sahah Chan
15. High-quality Yet Affordable Plumbing Services In Durban
Author: Donald Frank