ALL >> Business >> View Article
Weaving Fabrics – Exceptional Art Of Getting Threads Aligned In A Pattern To Form Fabrics.
Total Articles: 266
Weaving is a way of producing fabric. The saree is a traditional Indian fabric preferred by most women in India and is a national heritage. It is made by weaving, either by traditional handlooms or by modern power looms. There are very many centres for the handloom weaving of ethnic sarees across India. Kanjivaram, Dharmavaram, Arani, Mysore, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Banaras, Kota, Bhagalpur, Sambalpur, Bomkai, are well known for their unique weaves.
Weaving involves the following basic stages before the completed fabric is obtained.
The selection of yarn for the fabric which could be natural fibres like cotton, jute, silk or artificial like georgette, chiffon, polyester, nylon etc. or blends of both types. The spinning of yarn to make it into thread needed for the weaving. Spinning could involve rolling or twisting of more than one yarn fibre into a single thread for strength.
The separation of the thread, which is by reeling it onto a frame for the warp, and onto small reels or shuttles or bobbins for the weft to interlace with the warp threads for the weave. The weaving process, for the movement of the threads, across and forth, for completing the fabric.
Dyeing has now become an integral part of the weaving process since it is very rare for plain threads to be simply woven without any colouring done. Dyeing of threads is mostly done prior to the weave though you could have the woven fabric dyed after weaving too. Colours chosen are natural vegetable and organic dyes or chemical dyes, though the latter is mostly used nowadays on account of being cheaper and more easily available.
There are two distinct sets of threads known as warp (longitudinal lay on the loom or machine used for weaving) and weft (the lateral threads that are interlaced with the warp at right angles). The interstices or crossing of the threads determines the characteristic of the weave.
There are three basic weaves - the plain weave, the satin weave and the twill weave. Sometimes, an arrangement is also incorporated, for weaving a pattern or design, within a main weave, known as, jacquard. There are many types of looms for weaving fabrics which are operated by hand and known as handlooms.
Mass production of fabrics nowadays is more through power looms or automatic looms.
– Unnati Silks, has a fine collection of handloom weaving Sarees of different varieties, at attractive prices. With a wide range of ethnic Indian Sarees and Salwar Kameez, Unnati provides dispatch within 24 working hours of order, Free shipping and Cash on Delivery (COD) facility for Hyderabad, Metros and other Indian cities. Worldwide express shipping caters to countries such as USA,UK, Gulf states, Pakistan, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Canada, Chicago, New Zealand and many others.
Business Articles1. Best Lawn Mowing Maitland - Fox Mowing Nsw
Author: Gerry Caxton
2. Older Video Tapes Can Be Easily Played In New Players
3. Hiring A Professional For Creating Digital Videos
4. Best App To Buy Stocks
Author: Ahrvo Web
5. Btech Admissions, Eligibility, Fee & Placements
6. Accommodation And Tourist Activities
7. Great Things About Solar Equipment Leasing
Author: Ross Barkely
8. חיתוך בירושלים
Author: DOMER YAK
9. How To Reach Your Target Audience
Author: For more details on our products and services, ple
10. The India Top Education Blogs
Author: Education Portal
11. Kellyville General Practitioner
Author: Dinh Nguyen
12. How To Choose & Install Hardwood Floors
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and opera
13. Hajj Packages With Shifting And Non Shifting Hotels
Author: Hafiz Ibrahim
14. Three Effective Business Communication Skills You Must Master
Author: christopher kaspar
15. Aumazing Community - Strength In Numbers Part - I
Author: visit us at fitness center boston, back bay best r