ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
New Year Day
Total Articles: 449
January 1 represents the fresh start of a new year after a period of remembrance of the passing year. The beginning of celebration of New Year stated some 4000 years back in ancient Babylon civilization. People around the different corner of the world celebrate this day in their own style. The dates of celebration of New Year differ from one civilisation to other. Today in this article I would tell you about the various culture and traditional way of celebrating New Year.
This day is traditionally a religious feast, but since the 1900s has also become an occasion to celebrate the night of December 31, called New Year's Eve. There are fireworks, party and gathering of family and friends at midnight at the time of the beginning of new year.
In cultures which traditionally or currently use calendars other than the Gregorian, New Year's Day (1st of January) is often also an important celebration. New Year's Day in the alternative calendar attracts alternative celebrations of that New Year:
• Chinese New Year is celebrated in many countries around the world. It is the first day of the lunar calendar. The holiday normally falls between 20 January and 20 February. The holiday is celebrated with food, families and many other red things for good luck. Lion and dragon dances, drums, fireworks, fire crackers, and other types of entertainment fill the streets on this day.
• Tamil New Year is celebrated on 13 April or 14 April. Traditionally, it is celebrated in parts of Tamil Nadu to mark the event of the Sun entering Aries. Panchangam, is read in temples to mark the start of the Year.
• Malayalam New Year is celebrated either in mid-April which is known as Vishu or in mid-August according to another reckoning. Unlike most other calendar systems in India, the New Year's Day on the Malayalam Calendar is not based on any astronomical event. It is just the first day of the first of the twelve months on the Malayalam Calendar.
• Telugu New Year (Ugadi), Kannada New Year (Yugadi) is celebrated in March (generally), April (occasionally).
• Hindu Calendar: In Hinduism, different regional cultures celebrate new year at different times of the year. In Assam, Bengal, Kerala, Nepal, Orissa, Punjab and Tamil Nadu, households celebrate the new year when the Sun enters Aries on the Hindu calendar. This is normally on 14 April or 15 April, depending on the leap year. Elsewhere in northern/central India, the Vikram Samvat calendar is followed. According to that the new year day is the first day of the Chaitra Month, also known as Chaitra Shukla Pratipada or Gudi Padwa. This basically is the first month of the Hindu calendar, the first shukla paksha (fortnight) and the first day. This normally comes around 23–24 March. The new year is celebrated by paying respect to elders in the family and by seeking their blessings. They also exchange tokens of good wishes for a healthy and prosperous year ahead.
Apart from this, different countries celebrate New Year as per their calendar and belief.
Internet Marketing Articles1. What Should Be Monitored On A Website?
Author: Gary Martin
2. Effective Options For The Best Quality 3d Modelling
3. Digital India Leader, The Best Scaffolding To A Start-up
Author: ponting brown
4. Google Translate
5. Advantages Of Shared Web Hosting
6. Digital Marketing’s Impact On Business Perspective Towards Brand:
Author: Dusyant Kumar
7. Digital Marketing Company
Author: Vishal kumar
8. Have You Tried A Personalized Approach To Shopping?
Author: Indraneel Mukherjee
9. The Benefits Of Outsourcing Seo Services To A White Label St Augustine Seo Provider
Author: Ian Maxwell
10. The Types Of Digital Marketing Agencies You Do Not Want To Hire
Author: Ashley Williamson
11. Don’t Toss Out Your Old Evergreen Content Just Yet
Author: Al Gomez
12. Video Editing Atlanta – Atlanta Training Videos Can Be Very Helpful For Your Trainees!
Author: Luke Harrison
13. Reasons Why Your Business Should Invest In Seo
Author: Digital Spidy
14. What Are The Reasons Of Using Instagram Advertising For Small Business?
Author: David Halpin
15. Resume Parsing Software
Author: Resume Parsing