ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
New Year Day
Total Articles: 449
January 1 represents the fresh start of a new year after a period of remembrance of the passing year. The beginning of celebration of New Year stated some 4000 years back in ancient Babylon civilization. People around the different corner of the world celebrate this day in their own style. The dates of celebration of New Year differ from one civilisation to other. Today in this article I would tell you about the various culture and traditional way of celebrating New Year.
This day is traditionally a religious feast, but since the 1900s has also become an occasion to celebrate the night of December 31, called New Year's Eve. There are fireworks, party and gathering of family and friends at midnight at the time of the beginning of new year.
In cultures which traditionally or currently use calendars other than the Gregorian, New Year's Day (1st of January) is often also an important celebration. New Year's Day in the alternative calendar attracts alternative celebrations of that New Year:
• Chinese New Year is celebrated in many countries around the world. It is the first day of the lunar calendar. The holiday normally falls between 20 January and 20 February. The holiday is celebrated with food, families and many other red things for good luck. Lion and dragon dances, drums, fireworks, fire crackers, and other types of entertainment fill the streets on this day.
• Tamil New Year is celebrated on 13 April or 14 April. Traditionally, it is celebrated in parts of Tamil Nadu to mark the event of the Sun entering Aries. Panchangam, is read in temples to mark the start of the Year.
• Malayalam New Year is celebrated either in mid-April which is known as Vishu or in mid-August according to another reckoning. Unlike most other calendar systems in India, the New Year's Day on the Malayalam Calendar is not based on any astronomical event. It is just the first day of the first of the twelve months on the Malayalam Calendar.
• Telugu New Year (Ugadi), Kannada New Year (Yugadi) is celebrated in March (generally), April (occasionally).
• Hindu Calendar: In Hinduism, different regional cultures celebrate new year at different times of the year. In Assam, Bengal, Kerala, Nepal, Orissa, Punjab and Tamil Nadu, households celebrate the new year when the Sun enters Aries on the Hindu calendar. This is normally on 14 April or 15 April, depending on the leap year. Elsewhere in northern/central India, the Vikram Samvat calendar is followed. According to that the new year day is the first day of the Chaitra Month, also known as Chaitra Shukla Pratipada or Gudi Padwa. This basically is the first month of the Hindu calendar, the first shukla paksha (fortnight) and the first day. This normally comes around 23–24 March. The new year is celebrated by paying respect to elders in the family and by seeking their blessings. They also exchange tokens of good wishes for a healthy and prosperous year ahead.
Apart from this, different countries celebrate New Year as per their calendar and belief.
Internet Marketing Articles1. 5 To Help Add Content To Web Site When You're A Writer
Author: Andrew Mccann
2. Article Marketing Cash - Generating Money-making Articles With Killer Blogs
Author: Andrew Mccann
3. What Is The Role Of Hotspot Rental In Modern World?
4. Web Design Agency Dubai Taking Care Of 5 Premier Aspects Of Web Development
5. 8 Ways Online Poll Helps Human Resources!
Author: Malcolm Raynor
6. Smart Ways To Promote Your New Blog
7. Secure Your Website With Ssl
Author: Martina Henderson
8. Why Hiring A Professional Web Design Company Makes Sense? Top 5 Reasons
Author: Sanjay Sachdeva
9. Seo Marketing – How It Helps Your Online Business Campaign
Author: David Halpin
10. Why Should One Invest In Tata Destination 150 Project?
11. How Responding To Online Reviews Is Essential As A Social Media Strategy
Author: Lee Wood
12. Top 3 Best Free Wordpress Themes 2018
Author: Simplified SocialMedia Optimization
13. Grow Your Connections With Thousands Of Professors And Teachers With Schools Email List
Author: Charles Jaxson
14. Global Handheld Imagers Market Size And Share
Author: Shivani Singh
15. Best Ways To Do Small Business Advertising
Author: James Belly