ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
New Year Day
Total Articles: 449
January 1 represents the fresh start of a new year after a period of remembrance of the passing year. The beginning of celebration of New Year stated some 4000 years back in ancient Babylon civilization. People around the different corner of the world celebrate this day in their own style. The dates of celebration of New Year differ from one civilisation to other. Today in this article I would tell you about the various culture and traditional way of celebrating New Year.
This day is traditionally a religious feast, but since the 1900s has also become an occasion to celebrate the night of December 31, called New Year's Eve. There are fireworks, party and gathering of family and friends at midnight at the time of the beginning of new year.
In cultures which traditionally or currently use calendars other than the Gregorian, New Year's Day (1st of January) is often also an important celebration. New Year's Day in the alternative calendar attracts alternative celebrations of that New Year:
• Chinese New Year is celebrated in many countries around the world. It is the first day of the lunar calendar. The holiday normally falls between 20 January and 20 February. The holiday is celebrated with food, families and many other red things for good luck. Lion and dragon dances, drums, fireworks, fire crackers, and other types of entertainment fill the streets on this day.
• Tamil New Year is celebrated on 13 April or 14 April. Traditionally, it is celebrated in parts of Tamil Nadu to mark the event of the Sun entering Aries. Panchangam, is read in temples to mark the start of the Year.
• Malayalam New Year is celebrated either in mid-April which is known as Vishu or in mid-August according to another reckoning. Unlike most other calendar systems in India, the New Year's Day on the Malayalam Calendar is not based on any astronomical event. It is just the first day of the first of the twelve months on the Malayalam Calendar.
• Telugu New Year (Ugadi), Kannada New Year (Yugadi) is celebrated in March (generally), April (occasionally).
• Hindu Calendar: In Hinduism, different regional cultures celebrate new year at different times of the year. In Assam, Bengal, Kerala, Nepal, Orissa, Punjab and Tamil Nadu, households celebrate the new year when the Sun enters Aries on the Hindu calendar. This is normally on 14 April or 15 April, depending on the leap year. Elsewhere in northern/central India, the Vikram Samvat calendar is followed. According to that the new year day is the first day of the Chaitra Month, also known as Chaitra Shukla Pratipada or Gudi Padwa. This basically is the first month of the Hindu calendar, the first shukla paksha (fortnight) and the first day. This normally comes around 23–24 March. The new year is celebrated by paying respect to elders in the family and by seeking their blessings. They also exchange tokens of good wishes for a healthy and prosperous year ahead.
Apart from this, different countries celebrate New Year as per their calendar and belief.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Importance Of An Online Directory For The Construction Industry
Author: John Smith
2. Use The Important Investment Tips To Be More Benefitted
Author: David Johnson
3. Never Ignore These Mobile App Development Suggestions By Digital Marketing Companies
Author: kamlesh varma
4. Top 5 Reason To Hire Digital Marketing Company For Sme’s Business:
Author: Dusyant Kumar
5. The Prominent Uses Of Webcasting In Business Management
Author: Dreamcast UAE
6. It’s Time To Move From Local Stores To E-commerce Websites !
Author: Vijay solanki
7. 10 Reasons Why You Should Enlist Your Construction Business In Online Directory
8. Startup Consulting Firms – Coordination Is Important
Author: Script Technology
9. How To Select The Best Application For Card Processing System
Author: Styling Boostar
10. Brandzam: Unique Website Names At Affordable Prices
Author: parveen kumar
11. Want To Win Rankbrain With Your Content? Here Are 4 Top Tips
Author: Jerry Tait
12. Introduction To Youtube Live Streaming Service
Author: Dreamcast India
13. Ai Speech | Virtual Assistant For Website | I-talk
14. Checkout! How Digital Marketing Has Benefitted Flipkart !!
Author: Naresh Kumar Soma
15. Videography Atlanta – Top Media Production Companies Are Ready To Deliver Maximum Convenience
Author: William Brown