ALL >> Education >> View Article
India Needs To Improve Research Standards And Innovation Abilities
Total Articles: 34
India produces lakhs of engineers every year. It has world-class institutions and universities which produces large number of
qualified graduates. But when it comes to research it is lacking behind. This article emphasizes on the need of improving
research standards and innovative abilities in India.
Inadequate commitment towards researchIndia produces about 4,00,000 engineering graduates and 3,00,000
computer science graduates every year, but just about 20,000 master’s degree holders and fewer than 1,000 Ph.Ds in
engineering graduate each year. When compared to the number of engineering graduates each year, less than 1 percent are
going for doctorate degrees. In 2007-08, there were about 156 researchers per 10 lakh population in India when compared
4,700 per 10 lakh in the United States.
According to a survey of 47 universities conducted by the University of Grants Commission in 2007-08, the vacancy levels in
research jobs in India were about 51 percent stating that
many of India’s graduates are going for jobs affecting the number and quality of those available for research.
Concentrating only on grades rather than creativity
Many students concentrate only on grades rather than understanding and expanding their knowledge. Many of the institutions
in India concentrate only on bookish knowledge – memorization and writing of standard responses to predictable questions,
which is the main problem for the lack of application of knowledge in real life situations.
Whereas, the institutions in developed countries concentrate mainly on application of knowledge that increases effectiveness
of students in real life situations. India has been a developing country since 1947 and it is still considered as a developing
Our graduate friends are more interested in low skilled, repetitive back office and programming jobs rather than doing
something substantial for the advancement of human civilization. There are no augmentations in IT space for technology
Taking pride for non-substantial achievements
Recently we have got our own currency symbol. India is the fifth in the world to have its own currency symbol. It’s nice to
have our own rupee symbol, but is it what really makes our country great? We pride ourselves on these things that don’t take
much effort to create. What we need are achievements of substance – not easy to arrange superficial things.
It is relatively easy to create an attractive packing for a product. But what is difficult is creating a product that is useful,
convenient, durable, cost-effective and superior.
For a country claiming to have the 4th largest technology workforce, this kind of performance in research is painful and
disappointing. While we endeavour to fix this, we need to understand that excellence is not easy to achieve and that nobody
gets inspired by modest achievements.
Hyderabad-india-online.com (HIOC) is a website about Hyderabad city in India that publishes updates, information and opinions on Hyderabad markets, real estate, maps and other topics.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away