ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Don't Overlook Bing Local
Total Articles: 12
When talking about the search engine landscape the conversation is normally dominated by Google to the point that Bing is almost overlooked entirely. Aside from gimmicky online tests (Bing It On anyone?) and gotcha-style commercials, any mention of Bing is often met with derision and even laughter. This is not very surprising, though, as Google has been on the cutting edge of search technology for years, constantly expanding its products’ reach and value. However, it is not sensible to overlook Bing Local. Let us discuss why.
Given Google’s dominance, it may be no wonder that many marketers often ignore Bing when offering local search services. However, they do so at their own peril. While Google is the search engine of choice for many, as of October 2013, Bing’s search engine market share was 18.1%. Of course, Google’s market share had been holding steady at 66.9% for the past three months, and most of Bing’s gains were at Yahoo’s expense as the company's merged search results, but 18.1% is nothing to sneeze at. People are still using Bing as a local search engine, and these people may be your customers. Therefore, advertising your business on Bing is just as important as advertising your business on Google. This is especially true when considering that Bing Local profiles appear alongside search results, just like Google+ profiles.
Many do not know that Bing is also the default search engine for devices such as Apple's Siri, the Amazon Kindle Fire, and Xbox. This means that not optimizing your listings through Bing Local means you could be potentially losing out on 18.1% of incoming traffic. Do your potential customers use apple technology, amazon kindle products or Xbox's gaming systems? If so, taking a look at Bing would be a smart idea.
We have been running a pilot program to see the effect that Bing Local listings have on phone call traffic for some of our clients. Thirty days after optimizing – this means claiming, editing, adding social media and URLs to these listings for 26 clients, we saw traffic increase by seven percent, on average, per client. Who wouldn't want a seven percent increase in traffic to their site?
So while we all know the importance of Google+ and how important G+Local is a must have for any small business or brand, Bing Local listings can also drive significant traffic to your business. If they are left unoptimized, you could be losing out on potential clients.
Search Optics Inc. is a leader in digital marketing solutions for the automotive industry. Search Optics' automotive SEO services include custom websites, search engine optimization, paid search and mobile solutions that generate leads which result in sales opportunities. Search Optics specializes in car dealer marketing and automotive SEO services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Hire Reputation Management Services India To Enhance Yoru Brand Image Online
2. Engaging Customers’ Needs An Exceptional Online Marketing Strategies
3. Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad- Genius It Solutions
Author: Genius It Solutions
4. Advantage Of Buying Cheap Traffic From Buysitestraffic.com And Working
5. Improve Search Engine Rank For Better Conversion
Author: Subodh Verma
6. Rank Top By Being Friend With Search Engines
Author: Subodh Verma
7. Why Ppc Is Important For Your Business Improvement
Author: Subodh Verma
8. The Most Effective Website Designing Solutions Delivered
9. Weed Seed Affiliate Programs - Why You Are Not Making Money?
Author: Joel Carsen
10. How To Crack Maximum Profits By Hiring Ppc Management Services Company In New York?
Author: Saurabh Mishra
11. Reasons For Ecommerce Abandoned Carts From Checkout, And How To Deal With Them?
12. Reverse Advertising
Author: Neha Mathur
13. Web Scraping Services Looks For The Most Relevant Information
Author: Devendra Baghel
14. Online Marketing Has Become An Central Point For Growing Business
15. Digital Indya Is The Best Digital Marketing Agency In Delhi Deals In Online Marketing And It Solutio
Author: Digital Indya