ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
3 Linkbuilding Tactics You Must Avoid To Protect Your Website
Total Articles: 9
Links, links and links – they are boons, and they are BANES (if not done carefully)! Yes, that’s what Google’s latest updates pinpoint. Since SEO’s birth, link building has always been an important process of increasing a website’s search engine ranking. But ever since Google started targetting link building tactics with the help of its famous updates “Penguin & subordinates” many sites have been penalised (rank has gone from 5 to 59). Reason – ‘Too much linkbuilding’ or ‘unethical linkbuilding’ as Google says.
So, let’s focus on this issue more precisely to know what linkbuilding tactics Google doesn’t prefer and what cares you need to take to secure your site’s ranking.
1. Links in (from) Press Releases. Google declares, “the links in your press releases are a source of paid links, and hence unnatural.” Basically what happens in case of press releases is the websites have to pay something for the distribution service and get some SEO benefit. Google is now going strictly against paid linking and hence against links from Press releases.
2. Backlinks from websites you own and control. Many website owners are out there who own multiple domains and control many websites. Running more than one website is okay if you own more than one business. But if you’re using those sites for SEO benfits (such as cross-links), then you are going to hurt your websites. This is what Google indicates in its latest updates.
Suppose we run a main website on blogging (www.maindomain.com) and at the same time we have another sub-site of it involving blogging only on SEO (www.subdomain.com). Then if we cross-link a lot between these two, it will only become a misservice to both of my sites. In light of Google’s latest demand concentrate only on natural links, no PAID links.
3. Backlinks from Forum Discussions and Blog Comments. Google says, Comments are primarily peoples’ personal views. Forum discussions and blog comments are open to all. These are only meant to make askers or blog owners aware of the right answers or some additional information. So you can write the gist of the information, no need to add links on them. If you do so, Google says, you’re involved in link schemes wishing people to clink on the links and move to your page.
While these frequent updates are not good for websites and a little awkward for internet marketers, they are brought to dislodge spammers, scammers and schemers. Provide genuine and meaningful information and get natural links. The important thing to learn to build a loyal community and make them actively participate.
About Author :
Daniel is freelancing SEO content writer and working for SEO Company USA SEO Extent. He has good knowledge about SEO marketing, Google new algorithm updates and different seo techniques. Check his Online Blog Globalscriptor.org
Internet Marketing Articles1. Automotive Dealers Seo Online Success
2. New Year New Brand!
Author: Judy Yu
3. Get Desired Job Through Digital Marketing Training In Bhopal
Author: Rajendra Parouha
4. Some Good Reasons To Hire Digital Marketing Company In India
Author: Sanjay Burman
5. Why To Link Online Polls With Your E-commerce Website?
Author: John Smith
6. What Really Is Seo And The Importance Of Seo For Your Business
Author: Leading Solution
7. Pipe Polishing Machine: Uses And Advantages Of Pipe Polishing Machine
Author: Bonny Rsthod
8. Best Digital Marketing Company In Ontario Location
9. Tips To Maximise Your Seo Output And Organic Traffic
Author: Mario Sazos
10. Pipe Polishing Machine Uses And Advantages Of Pipe Polishing Machine
11. 4 Major Myths That People Think About Digital Marketing
Author: Ashley Williamson
12. Improve Your Rankings By Hiring Web Design Companies
Author: kamlesh varma
13. How Digital Marketing Is Better Than Traditional Marketing
Author: Anup prasad
14. How To Use Your “thank You” Page For Better Customer Engagement
Author: Roopali Parandekar
15. Atlanta Video Production – Video Production Services Atlanta Feel Free To Showcase Their Portfolios!
Author: William Brown