ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Understanding A Bail Bond You Need To Know About Bail Bond
Total Articles: 118
Anyone with criminal charges is arrested, and will be thrown to jail before a trial is scheduled. However, judges will set bail for most cases. The judge will determine the amount of bail based on whether the suspect has prior criminal history records, and what kind of crime did the suspect done. But depending on the case; a bail will surely cost more or less thousands of dollars.
In case that the defendant and his loved ones can’t find a way to shell out for the bail, they are able to seek aid from a bail bond agent or otherwise known as bondsman in order to get the bail bonds. The bondsman will negotiate to the court about the bail, and ensure to the court that if the defendant fails to return to the scheduled trial; they will still receive the amount needed for the bail.
Generally, the accused individual or his family only have to put up 10 % of the required bail, but they might have to pledge other assets as a guarantee. However, the bondsman may include property as collateral in case the defendant fails to fulfill his bail requirement. These requirements usually include showing up for court on time.
Looking on Bail Bond Examples
For instance, the amount of bail given by the judge is about $10,000. With this, the bondsman will be needing $1000. This amount will serve as the bonds fee, and bear in mind that it is not refundable. But if the criminal tries to avoid his bail, he is still needed to pay for the remainder bail amount of money.
In fact, bounty hunting is still legal in the US. The authorities will search for the criminal, and he still has to pay the total amount of bail.
The first bonding system in the US was developed at the very end of the 19th century in San Francisco. Though this system is common and pervasive in the America, it is rare in nearly all other nations. Nevertheless, there are some nations that approved their bail amounts in a cheaper rate. On the contrary, there are countries that illegalized the acts of bounty hunting.
How Do Bondsmen Make Bail?
Most of the time, bondsmen won't pay for the needed bail amount. They establish a security agreement with local courts. In other words, both parties have agreed that the court will still receive the bail amount if the defendant disappears, or fail to go back to the court hearing. As such, bondsmen will have to settle a form of security ahead of time with regards to such matter. They might have to negotiate with an insurance provider, banks or other financial companies to come up with the bail amount.
This arrangement means that a bondsman does not have to visit court and hand them cash when they accomplish a transaction. It also shows that many defendants can be released from jail very soon after bond has been placed. Of course, laws differ in different states and local areas, but these are the basic principles.
The bail bond system actually is a win-win situation wherein the defendant can lastly get out from custody, and it also assists the bonds agent and the court as well. In some circumstances in which the defendant missed his court hearing; then he is running away from shelling out his total bail amount. In link to that, the bondsman is very essential to the court. They will have to takeover for the settlement of the bail with assistance of his insurer or other means of financial assistance.
Legal Articles1. Why Patent Validity Search Is Required To Validate Any Claim?
Author: Synoptic IP
2. Top 5 Tips To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
Author: Zane Norman
3. Attain Best Legal Advice On Cancelling Timeshare Contract By Timeshare Lawyer
Author: Advocate Financial Services
4. 3 Situations When You Need A Probate Attorney
Author: Betsy Salcedo
5. Litigation Officers And Their Role In The Aftermath Of October 2017 Wildfires
Author: Eric James
6. Hire A Houston Dwi Lawyer To Save Yourself From The Drug Paraphernalia Charges
Author: Gloria Lipp
7. How Will Your Nj Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You In Getting The Right Compensation?
Author: Andrew Bronsnick
8. How Can You Make The Best Decision In Order To Hire Bankruptcy Lawyer Nj?
Author: Howard Sobel
9. Get To Know More About Us Immigration And Its Elements.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
10. All You Need To Know About Bankruptcy And Bankruptcy Laws
Author: Vipin Nirwal
11. How Your Personal Injury Lawyer Nj Can Help You In Filing A Proper Claim?
Author: Howard N Sobel
12. Litigation Services Can Help You To Manage Your Northern California Wildfire Financial Losses
Author: Eric James
13. Choosing A Good Immigration Solicitor London Could Be An Answer To All Immigration Related Worries
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
14. How To Get The Most For Your Injury Claim With New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney
Author: Gregg Wisotsky
15. 5 Facts That Every Personal Injury Lawyer Nj Would Want You To Know
Author: Howard D. Popper