ALL >> Business >> View Article
Ata Conference Brings Calls For Trucker Unity And Positive Industry Changes
Total Articles: 8
American Trucking Associations President – CEO Bill Graves said that truckers today represent a core building block for America’s economy, at the annual ATA Management Conference held in Orlando, Florida in late October, 2013.
Graves put the spotlight on America’s trucking business that are using capital, operating plants and equipment, energy, water, chemicals – all to keep America moving in this challenging economy. He then called for trucking companies around the United States to hold together firm against challenges of fragmentation.
“This industry’s biggest obstacle to success is not the railroads; it is not the political environment or the policy and regulatory environment in Washington DC or state capitols,” said Graves.
“It is not high diesel fuel prices or an anticipated shortage of drivers. The biggest challenge we face will come from the incredible diversity of our industry and the easily fragmented constituency that we are.”
Midwest intermodal trucking company Calhoun Truck Lines’ President Brent Bois remarked that he found a few overriding themes throughout the conference. These included the timely issue of the recent government shutdown and its drag on the overall confidence in the marketplace; as well as how the trucking industry feels the impact of the stagnant economy.
Additionally, a number of other topics surfaced throughout the show in conference discussions, including how to find and keep good drivers to help trucking companies succeed, and how companies represented at the show could find ways to improve the image of the industry.
In a separate speech at the conference, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush called on the national trucking industry to push to redirect United States government leaders toward a spirit of partisanship and cooperation, in order to create policies focused on economic growth.
Bush prescribed four steps to see that growth occur:
- a greater use of domestic energy to boost the economy;
- transforming the immigration system for more skilled workers to operate within;
- getting more federal funding to help transform the United States crumbling transportation infrastructure; and
- fixing our educational system in order to produce more valuable leaders in the coming years.
Overall, the annual ATA Management conference was full of great networking, solid industry education and how these factors can help grow businesses. Brent Bois, who was involved in ATA’s LEAD program, found the experience and industry knowledge very motivating in understanding more about the industry and its role in helping to shape America’s economy.
The LEAD ATA, the new program is designed to educate and engage future leaders from within the US Trucking industry. Initially, 17 trucking executives from all over the country have been accepted as the inaugural class of the LEAD ATA program, These executives were chosen for their combination of strong leadership skills, keen insights and enthusiasm for the trucking industry.
Article Source: Calhoun Truck Lines
Business Articles1. Finding The Right Camera Bag Could Be Easy With The Discussed Tips
2. Contact The Right Audience And Executives With Pharmaceutical Companies Mailing List
Author: Jane Cannon
3. Understanding The Relevance Of Real Estate Services In 2018
Author: James Hopkins
4. Get Access To Highly Focused Quickbooks Users Email List
Author: Andrew Rayel
5. What Happiness Means To You- Certified Quantum Suc
Author: Christy Whitman
6. Some Very Basic Tricks To Get Your Accounting Right
7. Accounting Service For A Small Business Confirm A Smooth Running
8. Injured By A Drunk Driver Here’s What To Do
9. You Have To Visit The Bank's Site On The Web And Fill In The Application
Author: Brandon Jones
10. Bed Bug Treatment That's Effective And Affordable
Author: Steve Stein
11. Here Are 5 Tips That Will Keep
12. Here’s All That Your Angry Customers Want Your Business To Learn!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
13. Plastic Model Aircraft
14. An Ultimate Guide To Chlorinated Polyethylene And Its Properties
15. Schramsberg Blanc De Blancs 2012