ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
How Biometric Smart Cards Are Beneficial In The Healthcare Sector?
Total Articles: 545
Smart cards have been accessible since 1970’s and it comprises of a computer chip that is fixed on the card, and this makes it as a mini-computer. Due to the computing power, they are known to be of gold standard and it is used to secure the exchange of data. These cards can be programmed with several applications and it includes the storage, processing and accessing the data and several other functions.
They are also being used in the rapidly developing area of identity management. This kind of management is to identify an individual. It becomes very important when one is recognizing an individual within the system, so as to control their access for the resources and to also establish their rights or shortcomings that are present within the system.
Here are some ways where smart cards can be beneficial in the healthcare sector-
• A secure way to store the data
Medial information has become digitized and is electronically available; this also gives rise to breaches in the information. There are intentional and electronic breaches that happen in the medical data and it has a far reach. When medical information is breached, then it cannot be undone and the loss becomes very eminent.
• Security is needed to keep the information safe
As the medical data has become very digitized so a kind of robust security is required to keep the information from floating in the internet. The usage of smart cards or Mifare cards help in locking the data and it further provides encryption and also better level of security, particularly with biometric authentication. It also allows access to identified and approved users.
• Speedy access to data
These Mifare 1K cards provide speedy access to the information when it meets with hurricanes like Katrina and it also gives rise to other kinds of disasters. Medical information is required for any kind of disasters and most often in case of disasters, the medical information is lost. When a smart card is tied to the person, then all the information is recorded in the card.
• Access to data based on roles and responsibilities
During the disaster area when help arrived, there was no way of recognizing whether the help was professional or it was unprofessional. With this card, the information can be stored about the person and permissions can also be sought using the card.Smart cards or Mifare cards are a kind of technology that helps in decreasing the costs and it also provides better quality and safety.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Broadnet Technologies - Meet Us At Mobile World Congress 2017
Author: Mr. Rabih Farah
2. 3d Printer- A Carrier Of Health Risking Elements
Author: Stuart Ting
3. 3 Things You Can Use Online Money Transfer Service For
Author: Amit Gaur
4. 5 Reasons Why Android Phones Are The Best Smartphone
Author: tanjni pache
5. Yoga Studio Software
Author: My Best Studio
6. Issues With Game Consoles And How To Fix Them
Author: Angel Smith
7. Get Your Blackberry Smartphone Repaired From A Reliable Repair Centre Uk
Author: Sara williams
8. Common Ps4 Repair Problems And Its Solutions
9. Best Iphone 5 Screen Repair Centre At Brighton
10. Boost Your Business With Latest Trends In Ios App Development
Author: Harold Vance
11. Best Android Wear Watch Faces Apps For The First Half Of January 2017
Author: Tristan Smithson
12. Trusted Samsung Repair Centre In Birmingham – Samsungrepairing.uk
13. What Are The Different Types Of Plug Sockets?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
14. Nasa’s Tryst With Vr
Author: Binda Shah
15. Purchase Hexagonal Boron Nitride To Use In Making Of Cosmetics
Author: Sukanya Pawar