ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
Best Marinade For Chicken: Asian-marinated Baked Chicken RecipeBy Expert Author: Jeric James
In my attempt to kitchen-test every recipe that catches my fancy, I recently came across this Asian-Marinated Baked Chicken recipe from Amy Wisniewski. It's a fairly easy dish that you can whip up when you're pressed for preparation time since the other ingredients (aside from the chicken) come from whatever is in your pantry. Chicken, sans the skin, is a staple for healthy eaters. It's high in protein and, if prepared properly, low in fat. I'm a big fan of poultry dishes. My sister makes the best spicy chicken adobo and it's one of my ultimate comfort foods. To start with, here are the ingredients:
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger (from 1 [3- to 4-inch] piece)
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic (from about 5 medium cloves)
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, drumsticks, or breasts, or a combination of all three
1. Place everything except the chicken in a 13-by-9-inch broiler-proof baking dish and whisk to combine.
2. Lay the chicken in a single layer in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, refrigerate, and marinate at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours, turning the chicken at least once during the marinating time.
3. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 475°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
4. Turn all the chicken pieces skin-side up in the dish (if you’re using drumsticks, just turn to recoat them in the marinade). Bake until the chicken is starting to turn a dark brown color, about 40 minutes.
5. Set the oven to broil and broil until the chicken skin is crisped, about 3 to 5 minutes more. Serve with the sauce on the side.
What I love about Asian-inspired dishes is the familiarity of flavors. They're rich and complex but authentic and satisfying. Asian cuisine caters to all, even to the western palate, that it has become a cornerstone of every tasting experience. In this case with marinades, you're given a free-hand on being creative with the ingredients. You simply combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and a little brown sugar in a baking dish, add the chicken, and let it marinate in the fridge overnight. The use of extenders such as ketchup, soft drinks, soy sauce, and rum should add up to a delightful balance between saltiness, spiciness, sweetness, and tanginess. Learn to mix and match what's in your kitchen. Once you're ready to cook it, simply put the whole dish in the oven and in 40 minutes you’ll have crispy, saucy, flavorful chicken. Easily the best marinade for chicken in my books, the secret to getting the right flavor out of the chicken meat is marinating it for twelve hours before cooking.
When I had this prepared during Sunday dinner with the family, my mother gave me compliments on the chicken meat's texture. It was moist and flavorful. It evoked nostalgia as it reminded me of our family lunches many years ago, when as a young kid all I had to worry about was how much I could eat before resuming play outside with my siblings and cousins. My own interpretation of this recipe has proven that there really is no right or wrong way of doing marinades. Everyone adapts to develop their own method which is simple but yields delicious results. Whether it’s easy pork marinade or marinade for beef... as long as the end result satisfies your taste buds then it's all good. Everyone's secret recipe is a winner.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. What To Consider For A Wine Room Construction
Author: Jon Harper
2. 10 Simple Tips And Tricks On Baking With Silicone Moulds
Author: Bhavik Vasa
3. Brown Rice And Brownie Points For Health
4. Dubai Cuisine- Stuffed Camel To Fish’n’ Chips.get It All Here.
Author: Dyllan Samer
5. Reasons For American Restaurants’ Reputation As Pleasure Dinning
Author: Mathew Gomes
6. The Reasons That Make Vietnamese Cuisine Special
Author: Spencer Wiedermann
7. Surprise Her With Cooking Class Gift Vouchers For Her Birthday
Author: Chef Ha Nguyen
8. Top Services Used In Successful Food Marketing
Author: anil kumar
9. Ready To Tingle Your Taste Buds In Thai & Chinese Restaurants In Dubai
10. Comparing The Restaurant Aldelo Pos System With Cash Registers
Author: Glen Oliver
11. Simplified Factsheet About Drinking Alkaline Water
Author: Hampry Gomes
12. Order Food Online Delivery In Gold Coasta To Satisfy Your Craving For Exotic And Authentic Indian Cu
13. Why Taco Catering Is As Perfect For Independence Day As Hot Dogs And Apple Pie
Author: Justin Prietto
14. National Taco Day: When Is It, And How To Celebrate It
Author: Justin Prietto
15. Kosher Taco Catering - A Growing Demand For The Best Of Holidays And Celebrations
Author: Justin Prietto