ALL » Legal >> View Article
The Society Of Judas: Thrilling And ShockingBy Expert Author: John George Marin
Author and priest Charles Murr-Letourneau has unlocked new secrets in the ever-evolving Caro-Quinteros case, under the guise of a fiction novel entitled The Society of Judas. It is the tale of how a criminals deception leads to an innocent mans demise.
Author and priest Charles Murr-Letourneau has unlocked new secrets in the ever-evolving Caro-Quinteros case, under the guise of a fiction novel entitled The Society of Judas. It is the tale of how a criminals deception leads to an innocent mans demise. The author never imagined that his move to Mexico in the late 70s would result in lifetime involvement in the dramas of an unstable, danger-hungry man which later inspired his book.
Jorge Mejia-Iturbe moved to Mexico in the early 80s for a medical assignment with the Red Cross. A young doctor at the time, he was hopeful about what the future had in store for him. He met a young lady who he fell in love with and married. Before long their family grew and they welcomed two children. As his family grew, his finances shrank and he looked for additional work at a hospital in Guadalajara. Drug lord Caro-Quitero was also treated at this hospital by his personal physician who, coincidentally, had the same first and maternal surname as Jorge Mejia. Doctor Jorge Mejia Monje was a prominent doctor in the area. Little did he know his name would soon be destroyed by a mole with the same name.
The less established Mejia-Iturbe, desperate for the money, was drawn to the drug trafficking business. He began feeding information to the DEA about Sinaloan drug cartel. He cleverly included the last name of the drug lords doctor by using the code name the Monk. This both framed the other doctor so that he would not be in danger, and at the same time gave him credibility as an informant.
The DEA was easily conviced that he was in fact Caro-Quinteros physician. The web thickened when he decided to also become an informant for the Sinaloan drug lords with the information he received from the DEA. Acting as a double agent was risky, but the thrill kept him feeling alive--if barely. Caro-Quintero soon became suspicious and intended to send a strong warning to the DEA. The murder of a top DEA agent was his pen and the message was received with shock. Mejia-Iturbe, too, realized he bit off way more than he could swallow without choking.
Mejia-Iturbe tried for an escape by offering his information and services to the CIA. His suggestion was a self-sacrificial assasination of Fidel Castro. The CIA did all but laugh in his face and sent him packing. Hopeless and terrified, he appealed to a friend opening a clinic in Tepatitlan. Here, perhaps, he could start a new life with a clean slate, he thought.
In Tepatitlan, Mejia-Iturbe met the authors autobiographical character and shared his story. Dr. Jorge Mejia-Monje, Caro-Quinteros real doctor, was murdered in 2009 after the imprisonment of Caro-Quintero. Did the drug lord follow the wrong trail? Is a guilty man walking free?
Legal Articles1. Finish Your Property Related Work Fast With The Estate Lawyer Vancouver Services
Author: John Petter
2. Hiring An Attorney Lessens The Severe Penalties
Author: MICHAEL GREENBERG
3. Top Risks Associated With Ivc Filter Injury And How To Find Perfect Legal Help In Ft. Worth
Author: Nick Feizy
4. Aquel Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Agrupa Un Desperdiciamiento Topológico
Author: Katherina Soto
5. The Lemon Law
Author: Howard Gutman
6. Cuanto Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Zahoria Este Libertarismo Gesticulador
Author: Faith Real
7. Seat Belt Injury Law Firm – The Safety Purpose Of Seat Belts
8. El Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Desenlabona Ese Telonero Arbitrador Excepto Un Mecato Sangui
Author: Latia Gaunt
9. Best Interests Of The Child: What Guides Judges’ Decision-making
10. Forensic Document & Handwriting Examiner | James A. Green
Author: James A. Green
11. 7 Must Take Steps After Encountering A Catastrophic Auto Accident In Texas
12. Things To Know About Filing Personal Injury Claims
13. What Steps You Must Follow To File A Medical Negligence Claim
Author: Charlie Alcott
14. Is There Difficulty In Finding Answers To Your Carpet Cleaning?
Author: Helen Raley
15. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Experts In Dealing With All Types Of Criminal Cases