ALL >> Legal >> View Article
The Society Of Judas: Thrilling And Shocking
Total Articles: 3
Author and priest Charles Murr-Letourneau has unlocked new secrets in the ever-evolving Caro-Quinteros case, under the guise of a fiction novel entitled The Society of Judas. It is the tale of how a criminals deception leads to an innocent mans demise.
Author and priest Charles Murr-Letourneau has unlocked new secrets in the ever-evolving Caro-Quinteros case, under the guise of a fiction novel entitled The Society of Judas. It is the tale of how a criminals deception leads to an innocent mans demise. The author never imagined that his move to Mexico in the late 70s would result in lifetime involvement in the dramas of an unstable, danger-hungry man which later inspired his book.
Jorge Mejia-Iturbe moved to Mexico in the early 80s for a medical assignment with the Red Cross. A young doctor at the time, he was hopeful about what the future had in store for him. He met a young lady who he fell in love with and married. Before long their family grew and they welcomed two children. As his family grew, his finances shrank and he looked for additional work at a hospital in Guadalajara. Drug lord Caro-Quitero was also treated at this hospital by his personal physician who, coincidentally, had the same first and maternal surname as Jorge Mejia. Doctor Jorge Mejia Monje was a prominent doctor in the area. Little did he know his name would soon be destroyed by a mole with the same name.
The less established Mejia-Iturbe, desperate for the money, was drawn to the drug trafficking business. He began feeding information to the DEA about Sinaloan drug cartel. He cleverly included the last name of the drug lords doctor by using the code name the Monk. This both framed the other doctor so that he would not be in danger, and at the same time gave him credibility as an informant.
The DEA was easily conviced that he was in fact Caro-Quinteros physician. The web thickened when he decided to also become an informant for the Sinaloan drug lords with the information he received from the DEA. Acting as a double agent was risky, but the thrill kept him feeling alive--if barely. Caro-Quintero soon became suspicious and intended to send a strong warning to the DEA. The murder of a top DEA agent was his pen and the message was received with shock. Mejia-Iturbe, too, realized he bit off way more than he could swallow without choking.
Mejia-Iturbe tried for an escape by offering his information and services to the CIA. His suggestion was a self-sacrificial assasination of Fidel Castro. The CIA did all but laugh in his face and sent him packing. Hopeless and terrified, he appealed to a friend opening a clinic in Tepatitlan. Here, perhaps, he could start a new life with a clean slate, he thought.
In Tepatitlan, Mejia-Iturbe met the authors autobiographical character and shared his story. Dr. Jorge Mejia-Monje, Caro-Quinteros real doctor, was murdered in 2009 after the imprisonment of Caro-Quintero. Did the drug lord follow the wrong trail? Is a guilty man walking free?
Legal Articles1. 5 Tips For Protecting Yourself After A Slip And Fall Injury In Phoenix, Az
2. What Losses Are Recoverable After A Car Accident In Phoenix?
3. Bad Driving Habits That Can Be Fatal
Author: Christopher A. Richard
4. New Rules Affecting Massachusettsworkers’ Compensation Law
Author: Conston Taylor
5. How Do Immigration Lawyers Help?
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
7. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
8. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
9. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
10. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
11. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
12. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
13. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
14. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
15. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer