ALL >> Legal >> View Article
The Society Of Judas: Who Was Jorge Mejia?
Total Articles: 3
The Society of Judas by Charles Murr-Letourneau was released in August of 2012 but the book has not received nearly enough attention considering the story and the context. Just before the release of notorious drug lord Rafael Caro-Quintero, the novel was released.
The Society of Judas by Charles Murr-Letourneau was released in August of 2012 but the book has not received nearly enough attention considering the story and the context. Just before the release of notorious drug lord Rafael Caro-Quintero, the novel was released. Murr-Letourneaus fictional story is an undeniable parallel of reality and absolutely connected to this mans life. The world is only just now finding out how.
The author served as a priest for 35 years in Mexico. In a recent interview, Murr-Letourneau explains how he was sent to Tepatitlan in 1979, for what was to be a one year assignment. 14 years later, he returned to the States with more stories than he ever imagined.
A young distressed man in his 30s also moved to Tepatitlan a few years later, in 1985, and sought friendship with the priest. He approached Murr-Letourneau with an expressed desire to turn his life around and become a good person. As their friendship grew, he would explain the many ways in which he had been a bad man.
Jorge Mejia-Iturbe, a young ambitious medical practitioner, made his way to Magdalena Jalisco where he was to begin his work with Red Cross to fulfill his social service obligation. It was a tiny quaint town where a beautiful young lady named Rocio Ornelas Gonzalez resided. She won his heart and they quickly married. They setttled in Magdalena, where they raised two children.
Working for Red Cross was not a lucrative venture and the earnings proved to be too little for the doctor to sustain his small family. He took up extra work at a hospital in Guadalajara in order to support his wife and young daughters. Guadalajara happened to also be the city in which Caro-Quintero lived and worked. He regularly went to see his physician, a more established doctor called Jorge Mejia-Monje who shared similar physical attributes and a maternal surname with the younger doctor. The two were unrelated, but both generally known as Doctor Mejia. The young doctor, our Mejia-Iturbe, never actually met Caro-Quintero. But that did not mean he would not be deeply and lethally connected to the drug lord.
Magdalena was (and is) a central cocaine hub. Mejia-Iturbe was well aware of the many avenues for profit in sucha world. He found his advantage in the shared name, and using Mejia-Monjes connection to Caro-Quintero, he doubled as an informant for the drug dealers and let the cash roll in.
He could not keep his cover for long. Soon the cartels smelled a rat, and Mejia-Iturbe ran for it--but not without a brilliant cover. Years later, while Caro-Quintero was in prison, the body of Dr. Jorge Mejia-Monje was found cut into 100 peices and left in an oil drum. The question is, is the guilty Mejia walking scott-free in his place?
Legal Articles1. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
2. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
3. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
4. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
5. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
6. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
7. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward
8. Getting Out Of Trouble: Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
9. Five Tips By Springfield Missouri Child Custody Attorneys In Greene County To Help Get You To A Posi
Author: Kirk C. Stange
10. Getting Out Of Trouble: An Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. Important Considerations Before Hiring A Family Law Divorce Attorney
12. Five Injuries That Triggers You To Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm In Dallas For The Compensation Cl
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Expert Felony Case Lawyer & Local Divorce Attorney
14. Should You Get An Attorney For A Car Accident That Wasn't Your Fault?
15. 10 Quick Tips On How To Find A Divorce Lawyer
Author: V. Wayne Ward