ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
All You Should Know About The Difference In Features Between Titanium And Phone Gap
Total Articles: 46
These days, developers opt for easy coding that can run everywhere and help them in saving their time and efforts. Cross platform coding are the best options for those looking for software or application development for their business purpose. These can run everywhere and also help in saving money on development costs besides giving more online presence to your business. In the present scenario, when it comes to mobile apps development, two popular cross platform development solutions are preferred by developers. These include- Appcelerator Titanium and PhoneGap. Both of these platforms have their own set of pros and cons although the positive aspects are more that overshadow the cons of each.
A little about 2 popular cross platform mobile application development frameworks
PhoneGap: It allows HTML based web applications to get easily installed or deployed as native applications. It helps in developing complex and modern app, whatever are your requirements. Cross platform PhoneGap development environment also allows you to enhance your application using some of the phones features through API.
Features Chart between the two popular frameworks
Web standard support: Titanium does not support web standards while on the other hand PhoneGap develops feels and looks like a standard web page. This platform is subject to the compatibility concerns of the same browser.
HTML5 or CSS3 support: PhoneGap supports HTML5/ CSS3 and is a web app that performs in a native web browser view.
Native Code: Both the cross platform tools support native code. In fact, using JS API that maps to native code, Appcelerator Titanium creates a native app.
DOM based JS libraries support: Out of the two only PhoneGap supports DOM based JS libraries. However, JS libraries that relate the DOM like new based libs, Prototype, jQuery, etc can only work with the web views of Titanium.
Native UI/ performance: In this case, PhoneGap’s Native UI performance is limited by the web view of the device while that of Titanium is limited only by the device.
Hence, it is evident that both the frameworks are much different from each other but play a significant role in the mobile landscape. A developer should go for the one that best suits the needs and efficiently meets the type of solution required. It would be wrong to point out any the frameworks as weak or inefficient because both of them have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. The only fact to bear in mind is the purpose for which either of the frameworks can be used as one might better suit the requirements than the other.
Jessica Gilbert is a skilled professional in web and application technologies. If you know more information about titanium application development or mobile application development you should hire our developers.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Join Broadnet’s Bulk Sms Reseller Program And Reap The Cost-effective Benefits
Author: Mr. Rabih Farah
2. Go Cashless In India With 4 Cashless Payment Alternatives
3. Issues And Solutions For Sony Playstation 4 Repair
Author: Angel Smith
4. What A Right Electrician Wollongong Provides For Industrial Use
Author: Fellacity Trunck
5. Iphone Repair Johnstone
6. Lead Yourself To It Opportunities With Sql Server And Mcse Training
7. No Matter Which Playstation Hardware You Own – Horizon Is A Stunning Technical Masterpiece
8. Lg Computer Repair London - How To Choose The Right Repair Service
9. Leds Are A Better Option For Traffic Illumination
10. Led Stadium Displays Are Vital Be It A Football Match Or Live Concert
11. Features And Advantages Of Transparent Led Display
12. All Types Motorola Repair Service - Motorolarepairing.uk
13. Indoor Led Display And Outdoor Led Display – Know The Differences?
14. Phone Repair Shop Preston - Motorola
15. Few Tips To Fix Issues With Your Iphone 6s?
Author: Angel Smith