ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Different Steps Of Cleaning Floppy Disk Drives To Avoid Inconvenience Of Usage
Total Articles: 14
In good olden days when there were no USB flash drives, CD, DVD drives the floppy disks were more commonly used as a removable storage device. The capacity of the floppy disk was starting with 5.25 inch, 360 Kb1.44 Mb. Earlier they were used for saving and taking back up of data for computer systems in business and home. In-fact it was considered to be a cost effective way of storing files then.
However a major problem with floppy disk storage was they cannot be wiped and had to be stored inside a protective casing unlike the CD and DVD drives. This made lots of dust land on the floppy drive’s read and write heads. Because of this problem there were lots of errors taking place in the reading and writing process. Also the message “Please insert disc when using a dirty floppy drive” would appear which made things worst.
Now as cleaning was the main problem floppy drives could not be used well. But in this article, let’s see different steps of cleaning floppy disk drives to avoid inconvenience of use.
1. The first thing before using your floppy disk drive it to keep it clean in short they should not have scratches and must be protected from dust by keeping them inside plastic casings.
2. The floppy disk should be well protected from extreme climates otherwise it will affect the quality of the disk and make it hard for the floppy drive to access the content.
3. The best way to keep a floppy disk drive clean is by buying a floppy disk cleaner. This is the best way to keep floppies clean because you do not handle floppies physically to clean as the task would be done by the floppy disk cleaner.
4. To use the disk cleaner you have to squeeze out the content into the cleaning disc. It is made up of an absorbent material and insert it into the floppy disk drive.
5. Next the windows explorer tools needs to be opened for accessing the floppy drive. This way the drive will read the content present in the floppy considering it as a normal floppy disc. The movement of read and write will automatically relive the light dust stuck on the head of the disc.
6. If the cleaning fluid is out of stock make sure you buy the same fluid every time in order to avoid damage of the floppy disk drive heads.
7. In extreme case of dust and dirt the floppy disk drives needs to be opened to remove the drive from the CPU casing.
8. To remove the floppy drive you need to have screw drivers. That will help you remove the locking screws at the side and bottom portion of the floppy drive. After removing screws you can easily slide open the top cover of the drive.
9. With cotton soaked in alcohol gently clean the read and write heads. Make sure you do not lock the heads and change its alignment. Dab it slowly by touching the head and lifting the cotton. Repeat the process for further cleaning.
Computers Articles1. How To Integrate Sales Form Online With Software For Business Enhancement
2. Stable Online Forms Service – Now At Your Doorsteps
3. Integrate Online Forms With The Help Of Salesforce Form Builder
4. Level Up Customer Interaction With Custom Salesforce Forms
5. Step-by-step Guide To Enter Www Norton Com Setup Product Key For Norton Setup
Author: Landy Corona
6. Resolving Microsoft Edge Browser Issues On Windows 10
Author: Ask Amy
7. The Significance And Assistances Of Computer Recycling
8. Things To Consider While Selecting T-shirt Designing Software For Apparel Business
Author: Pratik Shah
9. Safely Back Up All Your Data With Active@ Disk Image
Author: Ed Robinson
10. How Document Converter Software Helps In Ensuring Authenticity Of Converted Files?
Author: shashikant shukla
11. Best Tech Rental Services
12. Computer Smartphone Investigation Can Smartly Unravel The Truth Behind Your Suspicions
13. Fb Account Contact 1-850-316-4897 Technical Support For Facebook Group
Author: Parker Fourny
14. Get Technical Aid Via Facebook Tech Support Number 1-850-316-4897
Author: natali thomas
15. Learn How To Start Your Own Online Job Portal With Job Classified Script Portal
Author: sawati rawat