ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Different Steps Of Cleaning Floppy Disk Drives To Avoid Inconvenience Of Usage
Total Articles: 14
In good olden days when there were no USB flash drives, CD, DVD drives the floppy disks were more commonly used as a removable storage device. The capacity of the floppy disk was starting with 5.25 inch, 360 Kb1.44 Mb. Earlier they were used for saving and taking back up of data for computer systems in business and home. In-fact it was considered to be a cost effective way of storing files then.
However a major problem with floppy disk storage was they cannot be wiped and had to be stored inside a protective casing unlike the CD and DVD drives. This made lots of dust land on the floppy drive’s read and write heads. Because of this problem there were lots of errors taking place in the reading and writing process. Also the message “Please insert disc when using a dirty floppy drive” would appear which made things worst.
Now as cleaning was the main problem floppy drives could not be used well. But in this article, let’s see different steps of cleaning floppy disk drives to avoid inconvenience of use.
1. The first thing before using your floppy disk drive it to keep it clean in short they should not have scratches and must be protected from dust by keeping them inside plastic casings.
2. The floppy disk should be well protected from extreme climates otherwise it will affect the quality of the disk and make it hard for the floppy drive to access the content.
3. The best way to keep a floppy disk drive clean is by buying a floppy disk cleaner. This is the best way to keep floppies clean because you do not handle floppies physically to clean as the task would be done by the floppy disk cleaner.
4. To use the disk cleaner you have to squeeze out the content into the cleaning disc. It is made up of an absorbent material and insert it into the floppy disk drive.
5. Next the windows explorer tools needs to be opened for accessing the floppy drive. This way the drive will read the content present in the floppy considering it as a normal floppy disc. The movement of read and write will automatically relive the light dust stuck on the head of the disc.
6. If the cleaning fluid is out of stock make sure you buy the same fluid every time in order to avoid damage of the floppy disk drive heads.
7. In extreme case of dust and dirt the floppy disk drives needs to be opened to remove the drive from the CPU casing.
8. To remove the floppy drive you need to have screw drivers. That will help you remove the locking screws at the side and bottom portion of the floppy drive. After removing screws you can easily slide open the top cover of the drive.
9. With cotton soaked in alcohol gently clean the read and write heads. Make sure you do not lock the heads and change its alignment. Dab it slowly by touching the head and lifting the cotton. Repeat the process for further cleaning.
Computers Articles1. To Know More About Seo & Why Is It Important?
2. How Scada Systems Have Become Ubiquitous In Real Life?
Author: Archer Finch
3. Today's Scada Hmi Includes Even More Symbols And Animations
Author: Archer Finch
4. Manage Your Mailbox With Ease
Author: Online PC Support
5. Windows Update Error Log
6. Microsoft Issues Advisory To Office Users After Fancy Bear Attacks
7. David Samson: A Freelance Software Developer Who Takes Care Of All Your Software Development Needs
8. Cyber Security And The Emerging Security Threats
Author: Megan Darcy
9. Going Paperless Has Some Real Advantages
10. How To Host A Website ?
11. Manage Your Website With A Secure Server- Word Press Hosting..!!
Author: Manage your website with a Secure Server- Word Pre
12. How To Activate Your Mcafee Card Services- A Step Towards Cyber Security
13. New Attack Method Delivers Malware Via Mouse Hover
14. What Is The Best Website Design Company?
Author: Teclick Solutions
15. Apple Tech Support Number| 1-844-296-4279| Get Apple Support| Apple Support|technical Support Review