ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Different Steps Of Cleaning Floppy Disk Drives To Avoid Inconvenience Of Usage
Total Articles: 14
In good olden days when there were no USB flash drives, CD, DVD drives the floppy disks were more commonly used as a removable storage device. The capacity of the floppy disk was starting with 5.25 inch, 360 Kb1.44 Mb. Earlier they were used for saving and taking back up of data for computer systems in business and home. In-fact it was considered to be a cost effective way of storing files then.
However a major problem with floppy disk storage was they cannot be wiped and had to be stored inside a protective casing unlike the CD and DVD drives. This made lots of dust land on the floppy drive’s read and write heads. Because of this problem there were lots of errors taking place in the reading and writing process. Also the message “Please insert disc when using a dirty floppy drive” would appear which made things worst.
Now as cleaning was the main problem floppy drives could not be used well. But in this article, let’s see different steps of cleaning floppy disk drives to avoid inconvenience of use.
1. The first thing before using your floppy disk drive it to keep it clean in short they should not have scratches and must be protected from dust by keeping them inside plastic casings.
2. The floppy disk should be well protected from extreme climates otherwise it will affect the quality of the disk and make it hard for the floppy drive to access the content.
3. The best way to keep a floppy disk drive clean is by buying a floppy disk cleaner. This is the best way to keep floppies clean because you do not handle floppies physically to clean as the task would be done by the floppy disk cleaner.
4. To use the disk cleaner you have to squeeze out the content into the cleaning disc. It is made up of an absorbent material and insert it into the floppy disk drive.
5. Next the windows explorer tools needs to be opened for accessing the floppy drive. This way the drive will read the content present in the floppy considering it as a normal floppy disc. The movement of read and write will automatically relive the light dust stuck on the head of the disc.
6. If the cleaning fluid is out of stock make sure you buy the same fluid every time in order to avoid damage of the floppy disk drive heads.
7. In extreme case of dust and dirt the floppy disk drives needs to be opened to remove the drive from the CPU casing.
8. To remove the floppy drive you need to have screw drivers. That will help you remove the locking screws at the side and bottom portion of the floppy drive. After removing screws you can easily slide open the top cover of the drive.
9. With cotton soaked in alcohol gently clean the read and write heads. Make sure you do not lock the heads and change its alignment. Dab it slowly by touching the head and lifting the cotton. Repeat the process for further cleaning.
Computers Articles1. Laptops On Hire In Hyderabad And Chennai
2. How To Enable Or Disable Pop Up Blocker In Mozilla Firefox?
Author: Browser Support Team
3. Why To Go With Contract Management Software?
Author: James Blake
4. Die Nordvpn Erfahrung
Author: Die NordVPN Erfahrung
5. Few Suggestions To Choose The Best Data Recovery Software Vendor
Author: Sandra White
6. The Role Of Users In Media And Publishing Industry
7. Why Outsourcing Digital Marketing Is Wise?
Author: Anup Prasad
8. Boise Seo Company
Author: SEO Services Companies
9. Aol Customer Support Number 1-877-848-3933
Author: AOL Support
10. Breakfast Restaurants
Author: breakfast restaurants
11. Node Africa – Ontap Select Event Recap
Author: Daniel Gachara
12. How To Turn Off Junk E-mail Filtering
Author: Gaurav Singh
13. How To Change The Password In Yahoo Mail ?
Author: ravi lodhi
14. Hp Printer Wps Pin Problems And How To Hp Printer Different From Other Printers
Author: Rahul Singh
15. World Biggest Technical Service Provider Hp Tech Support In 2017
Author: Rahul Singh