ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Use Ad Extensions To Improve Your Google Ad Rank And Campaign Performance
Total Articles: 12
On October 22, Google announced it would be changing the way Ad Rank is calculated. Previously, Google had taken a combination of your bid amount and Quality Score to compute this value, which is used to determine your ad position, or where ads are shown on a page. With the update, ad extensions and formats have now been incorporated into the formula.
If you have not been using ad extensions, this is a perfect opportunity for you to catch up and add this feature. The extra business information these extensions display with your ad – such as your address, phone number, more webpage links, or a coupon – increases click-through rate (CTR) and improves overall campaign performance.
Here are a few things to consider:
If two competing ads have the same Quality Score and bid amount, the one using ad extensions will generally have a higher position.
Each site link extension not only needs to go to a unique URL but also needs to be different from the landing page used in the ad itself.
You may need to increase bids and Quality Scores for ad extensions to be displayed.
You may see a change in your costs-per-click (CPCs):
You will see lower CPCs if your extensions and formats are relevant.
You will see higher CPCs if you raise your bids to match increased competition.
Add extensions that make sense for your business and campaign goals:
When you run mobile ads and need to know how many times people clicked-to-call
If you have several locations and want to include address information with your ads
To share positive reviews, write-ups, awards, or third-party rankings with customers
To link your Google+ Page with your AdWords campaign to earn more recommendations for your ads
If you are currently using ad extensions, keep in mind that Google is also using other ad formats in the new calculation. You may be one step ahead, but you still need to optimize sitelinks. On the upside, Google will typically display your best-performing and most useful mix of extensions and formats among those eligible.
Ad extensions are free, so we recommend adding as many as you can and taking advantage of Google’s built-in tools to maximize your Ad Rank.
Search Optics is a leader in digital marketing solutions for the automotive industry. Search Optics' automotive marketing services include custom websites, search engine optimization, paid search and mobile solutions that generate leads which result in sales opportunities. Search Optics specializes in car dealer marketing and automotive SEO services. For more details, please visit www.searchoptics.com.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized