ALL >> Business >> View Article
Data Security Tips For Smbs On Social Networking Sites
Total Articles: 2
In 2012, over 6.4 million passwords were stolen from a popular business-oriented social networking website by cyber criminals. The incident scared many businesses, especially small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs). The incident led to the loss of identity for numerous businesses. Businesses who were on any of the social websites were targeted and the consequences were disastrous.
Challenges SMBs encounter
Apart from financial constraints and poor managerial skills, SMBs are subject to challenges for their survival, such as their not so good relation with vendors, customers, and other networks, which makes them difficult to cope up. Unless such businesses earn substantial returns on their investment, it becomes hard for their very survival.
Further, they badly lack online security, a crucial factor for the safety of their vital data. Therefore, they are advised to take extreme caution while transacting online deals.
Tips on data security
Here are some tips on data security and how SMBs can avoid these dangers by recognizing the importance of data security. However, they should be proactive and timely in implementing these tips.
• Change all your passwords on social network websites. Keep on changing them as long as you have the fear of hackers' attack on the networking company's website that is linked to your social networking website.
• Avoid using exactly the same password for more than one website. Have lengthy passwords formed with letters of the alphabet, numerals and other characters for each online account (social media, banking, etc.).
• Avoid clicking on URLs received in emails. They may contain some spam.
• Take extreme caution while sharing data on social networking sites. Small business owners may face blackmail and fraud. Therefore, be aware that your sensitive data pertaining to your business can be misused. To avoid this, know what sort of data you should share and what you should not.
• Do not record confidential personal or business data including passwords, user ids, or any other sensitive information even if you are in a private place.
• It is quite helpful to educate your employees by framing guidelines with regard to using social media networks and potential dangers involved in the use of such networks and how to avoid scams.
• Small businesses in their own interest should subscribe to fraud detection and protection services available in the market. Once you have such services active, rest assured and concentrate on your core business.
Small businesses find social media networks to be useful for attracting customers, creating brand awareness and finding more potential customers. However, these businesses should educate themselves by following tips just discussed to get protection against fraudulent elements on social media sites.
Smb-now.com provides all the latest small business trends, news and small business events going on in SMB sector worldwide. It publishes reviews and comparisons different small business ideas on various industries.
Business Articles1. Some Facts About Event Planning
2. Why Should I Hire An Event Planner?
3. Why Should I Hire An Event Planning Agency For Corporate Events?
4. Render A Successful Event With The Right Event Planning Agency
5. Event Management Agency – To Manage Events Successfully
6. Denis Vincent - Le Parcours Extraordinaire D'un Homme Ordinaire
Author: Denis Vincent
7. Rising Damp Treatment For Your House – Who To Choose And How
Author: George Dean
8. Certified Packers And Movers In Gurgaon
Author: gajendra singh
9. Benefits Of Using Pressure Washing Services
Author: Anu Radha
10. Understanding Payroll Fraud And Preventing It
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
11. Glow Art Board Add A Touch Of Glow To Your Art
Author: baby gander
12. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Importance Of Recycling The Waste Water
Author: Manoj Shukla
14. Mold Removal Toronto With The Best Package Of All Time
Author: jacob fairley
15. Find Property For Rent
Author: Find Property For Rent