ALL >> General >> View Article
Usa's Health Improving
Total Articles: 27
Latest data shows that American people made a notable move toward better health in 2013. Important gains were seen in more than two-thirds of the measures analyzed for the 2013 America's Health Rankings report, that was released this week.There occured a drop in physical inactivity, defined as not doing any physical activity outside work for 30 days, down from 26.2% of the adult population in 2012 to 22.9% in 2013. The prevalence of physical inactivity varies from a high of 31.4% in Arkansas to a low of 16.2% in Oregon.
There was noted a decline in the smoking rate, down from 21.2% of the adult people in 2012 to 19.6%. 17 states had great drops in smoking, the largest being in Vermont,Nevada, Oklahoma, Maryland, Kansas. A leveling off of the obesity ( defined as roughly 30 or more pounds over a healthy weight ) epidemic as the percentage of adult people who suffer from it remains the same.
This is the first year since 1998 when obesity rates did not increase, making it a kind of victory, says Reed Tuckson, senior medical adviser to the not-for-profit United Health Foundation, which sponsors the report with the American Public Health Association and the Partnership for Prevention.
It is a good encouragement. Put all together, the big conclusion is that these trends give us reason to be empowered to do more. The phenomenon is all across America where people decide to be active, to eat healthy food, to stop smoking. We are seeing that people can do it. Now we have to do more of it.
No one says the war is over but are there is reason for optimism. Among the challenges weitten in the report is the increasing percentage of adults who have been diagnosed with diabetes, a chronic condition that affects 9.7% of adults, about double the rate in the mid-1990s. The prevalence of diabetes ranges from 7% of adults in Alaska to 13% in West Virginia.
The disease is the 7th leading cause of death in the USA and contributes to heart disease and stroke, which also do cause death. Of the three major types of diabetes type 2 diabetes is the most common and accounts for 90% to 95% of all diabetes cases. Latest report revealed that Hawaii is this year's healthiest state in the USA.
General Articles1. Considerations For Choosing The Best Mobile App Development Platform
Author: sachin kumar
2. C & L Services Expands In Northern Nj With Acquisition Of Apgar Power Sweeping
3. Digital Wall Covering | Digital Printing | Dot2dot
4. Interactive Kiosk Manufacturers
5. Kiosk Manufacturer For Sale
6. Online Reputation Management Service
Author: webigg technology
7. Free Steps For Facebook Retargeting Campaign
Author: webigg technology
8. Chennai Sanitation Workers Say No To Automated Waste Management
Author: new indian express
9. Why Are Truck Fleet Owners Finding It Difficult To Make E-payments At Tolls?
Author: Roopali Parandekar
10. Powering Business Growth With Ios App Localisation
Author: Shreya Gupta
11. Hvac Baltimore Can Offer Reliable Plumbing Solutions
Author: Robert hill
12. Apartment Design
Author: Monnaie Architects
13. What To Look Into Before Choosing An Appliance Replacement Company?
Author: Eric Dean
14. Eating Nourishing Food – Order For Fitness Meals Toronto Online
Author: Oliver Shin
15. What Is Web 2.0? Is There A Fine Line Between Web 2.0 And Seo?
Author: Emily Smith