ALL >> General >> View Article
Usa's Health Improving
Total Articles: 27
Latest data shows that American people made a notable move toward better health in 2013. Important gains were seen in more than two-thirds of the measures analyzed for the 2013 America's Health Rankings report, that was released this week.There occured a drop in physical inactivity, defined as not doing any physical activity outside work for 30 days, down from 26.2% of the adult population in 2012 to 22.9% in 2013. The prevalence of physical inactivity varies from a high of 31.4% in Arkansas to a low of 16.2% in Oregon.
There was noted a decline in the smoking rate, down from 21.2% of the adult people in 2012 to 19.6%. 17 states had great drops in smoking, the largest being in Vermont,Nevada, Oklahoma, Maryland, Kansas. A leveling off of the obesity ( defined as roughly 30 or more pounds over a healthy weight ) epidemic as the percentage of adult people who suffer from it remains the same.
This is the first year since 1998 when obesity rates did not increase, making it a kind of victory, says Reed Tuckson, senior medical adviser to the not-for-profit United Health Foundation, which sponsors the report with the American Public Health Association and the Partnership for Prevention.
It is a good encouragement. Put all together, the big conclusion is that these trends give us reason to be empowered to do more. The phenomenon is all across America where people decide to be active, to eat healthy food, to stop smoking. We are seeing that people can do it. Now we have to do more of it.
No one says the war is over but are there is reason for optimism. Among the challenges weitten in the report is the increasing percentage of adults who have been diagnosed with diabetes, a chronic condition that affects 9.7% of adults, about double the rate in the mid-1990s. The prevalence of diabetes ranges from 7% of adults in Alaska to 13% in West Virginia.
The disease is the 7th leading cause of death in the USA and contributes to heart disease and stroke, which also do cause death. Of the three major types of diabetes type 2 diabetes is the most common and accounts for 90% to 95% of all diabetes cases. Latest report revealed that Hawaii is this year's healthiest state in the USA.
General Articles1. Weed For Sale Online
2. 4 Most Important Tips For Fire Safety – The Safety Master
3. Why Investing In Promotional Bluetooth Speakers Is A Great Idea?
Author: Neo Martin
4. Digital And Screen Printing In Dubai, Lanyard Printing In Sharjah
6. How To Become A Profitable Magnesium Oxide Manufacturer?
Author: hu Allen
7. Purchase A Good Quality Stroller For Your Large Dog!
8. Get Instant Information Technology Assignment Help From Experts
9. Popular Elements Of Jewelry This Year@thereal.su
10. Personality Customization Pk Product Diamond Jewelry Who Will Win@thereal.su
11. Buy Brand Diamond Ring The Uneconomic@thereal.su
12. Watch Has Several Important Considerations In Process Indicators@thereal.su
13. Graff Diamonds Of Wang Xin Wrist Watch@thereal.su
14. The Home Inspection Nyc Can Help To Maintain Good Living Conditions In Your Home
15. Wodurch Die Armreifen Wu's Farbenfrohes Kleid Schmeicheln