ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Why It Security Audit Is Essential For Your Organisation?
Total Articles: 1
This is a comprehensive audit that focuses on the security and safety of IT infrastructure deployed and data associated with it. The audit encompasses both Physical as well as Virtual Data security. Information with regard to Physical Access & Security, Virtual Data Access control comprising of the following is recorded:
• Data Access Control
• User Authentication System
• Data Folder Structure / Permission
• Storage Media Control
• Data Leak Protection
• Internet / Intranet / Email Security
• Firewall Setup
• Anti-SPAM Setup / Anti-Virus / Anti-Spyware Setup
• Data Protection
• Network Security
• Software Security
• Software Patch Management
• Vulnerability Assessment
• General Assessment (fire protection, burglar alarms, security personnel)
Any other security related details not mentioned above may be gathered for inclusion in the audit based on need and on a case-to-case basis. The data and information gathered forms the basis of the Audit recommendations. The Audit team does an AS-IS Analysis of the Security environment and maps it to the organizations business process, objectives and goals of the organization. The IT Security Audit findings are presented in an Audit Report which is a detailed presentation of the AS-IS Analysis, observed issues and challenges in the existing set up. Deficits and gaps in the security features, and vulnerability and failure points that can negatively impact data and IT security are also clearly identified and noted. The Security Audit recommendations focuses on taking corrective action and course of action based on industry wide best practices and standards. This Audit helps System Managers and Administrators to effectively identify and manage data leakage and unethical data access vulnerabilities and also ensure maximized security of IT systems.
The Audit Report is a detailed presentation of the AS-IS situation and the observations. Cost and utilization anomalies, wherever present, is also highlighted as part of the report. Based on the audit findings, the audit team presents the recommendations based on a ‘best solutions paradigm’ with a clear objective to improve on cost and quality of communications solutions deployed. The recommendations may also include upgrade, downgrade or change of solutions to effect long term productivity and cost savings for the business.
An Audit recommendation sets the direction for organizations to optimize Return of Investment (ROI) on IT. The success of audit is that it does not recommend investing more on IT; rather it helps in getting more out of existing IT investments. Audit recommendations hinge on the following benefits:
• Productivity benefits
• Security benefits
• Cost-saving benefits
• Relationship benefits
Computers Articles1. Want To Buy Computer Keyboard? Some Tips Which Will Assist You In Buying The Best
2. Fast Solutions For Issues At Xbox 360 Repair Service Leeds
Author: Tony Blair
3. Quick Fixes For Issues At Sony Service Centre Uk
Author: Tony Blair
4. Hard Drive Clicking
5. Why Do You Need To Buy Windows 7?
6. Get A Microsoft Office 2016 Upgrade At Software Base!
7. Essential Reasons To Consider Microsoft Office 2016 Upgrade
8. Buy Windows Vista Online And Enjoy All Its Advantages
9. Buy Windows 8 Online Now To Upgrade Your Existing Pc
10. Issues & Fixes For Playstation 4 Repair Leeds
Author: Tony Blair
11. Buy Windows 7 Home Premium Online Perfect For Day-to-day Usage Of Pc
12. Buy Microsoft Products London At Software Base!
13. Buy Microsoft 2013 To Do Your Best In Everything
14. Buy Microsoft 2010 To Enjoy All Its Key Benefits
15. Bulk Text Sms Message Reseller Traitsider