ALL >> Business >> View Article
Three Testing Methods To Check The Reliability Of Materials
Total Articles: 28
Different industrial sectors rely upon the use of different materials for the final products they are specialized in. The materials used, have different properties and qualities to be used for different purposes. Testing is performed on these materials to determine their reliability and operational readiness to ensure that the final product is as per customer satisfaction. Initial testing methods also ensure products are ready at low manufacturing cost. In following article, three testing methods are described, which are used in various industries to check the suitability of the material.
Used to determine the ductility or strength of the material, bend testing method check the material by bending it over a given radius. Then the material is checked for cracks on the outer surface. It gives an insight into the modulus of elasticity of the product and so the bending strength of the material. There are different bend setups used by companies to test the material for its properties. The specimens are cut into rectangular bars or can also be tested as a whole, depending on the conditions.
It is quite commonly used in different industries to test materials. The technology basically uses ionizing radiations to view the object that is hard to be seen otherwise. Industrial radiography is for testing only and hence, should not be confused with the technique using ionizing radiation to change or modify any object in question. This method has been quite helpful in testing diverse materials and hidden flaws using short x-rays and gamma rays having the ability to penetrate objects. The device used for testing makes use of gamma radiation sources like cobalt-60 and iridium-192. It is used to test objects like pressure vessels, pressurized piping, storage containers, and other structural welds. Besides, non-metal components like ceramics used in aerospace are also tested by this technique.
This method is generally used to detect defects, test thickness as well as conductivity, and sort material. However, eddy current is not as widely demanded for testing as other methods used in different industries. The method is preferred to test chiller system tubing. Besides, it is also used to test non-ferrous tubing for defects or flaws. The most common use of this testing is for welding inspection, material sorting, and turbine condensers. Though not much in demand, this method has diverse capabilities, and is good in surface and subsurface flaw detection. Also, it can be used to quickly check the tube conditions on commercial air-conditioning systems.
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev