ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Some Tips For Pet Transport
Total Articles: 3
Many directives and regulations surround transporting your pet anywhere. Currently, it is possible to take our pets on holiday with us all around the world. However, it is not as easy as going to the airport, clearing through customs and jetting off; there are some laws that surround pet transport.
There are a few quick checks you need to make before you go for booking your holidays with the intent of taking your dogs, cats or any other pets to a faraway country as it's always better to be safe than sorry.
The main body, which governs the import and export of animals and pet transportation, is Defra. Their prime concern is keeping animals safe from rabies and thus conducts a scheme known as PETS. Animals that are brought back into the UK from European territories and other countries must meet UK PETS re-entry preparations and have PETS documentation. Here are the main things you need to have done before you travel -
" Rabies Vaccinations- Rabies is a dangerous disease and could be disastrous to the country if there is epidemic, you can have a rabies vaccination from your vet.
" Micro-chipping - All pets need to be micro-chipped before traveling; again, the vet can do this for you and your pet's sake.
" Blood Sampling - All the mandatory blood samples have to becollected also. Blood tests are done to make sure that the rabies vaccine is capable enough to protect your animal. The rabies vaccine should be equal to or more than 0.5IU/ml in quantity. Make sure that your vet gives you the documentation mentioning this.
The above listed checks should have been done or before you have your pet leaving the country or before the pet transport agency brings your animal back. There are various other government and non-government organizations that you can call or contact that have useful information regarding transporting your pets to and from the country.
The best and safest thing you can do is to make sure that you have all your documentation complete and vaccinations done before you leave the country. This will make the changeover easier for you and your animal. Most dog transport and cat transport companies will have all the details required before you travel and if you have not already arranged beforehand then more often they can even get all the paper work and boosters etc. sorted out for you.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson