ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Some Tips For Pet Transport
Total Articles: 3
Many directives and regulations surround transporting your pet anywhere. Currently, it is possible to take our pets on holiday with us all around the world. However, it is not as easy as going to the airport, clearing through customs and jetting off; there are some laws that surround pet transport.
There are a few quick checks you need to make before you go for booking your holidays with the intent of taking your dogs, cats or any other pets to a faraway country as it's always better to be safe than sorry.
The main body, which governs the import and export of animals and pet transportation, is Defra. Their prime concern is keeping animals safe from rabies and thus conducts a scheme known as PETS. Animals that are brought back into the UK from European territories and other countries must meet UK PETS re-entry preparations and have PETS documentation. Here are the main things you need to have done before you travel -
" Rabies Vaccinations- Rabies is a dangerous disease and could be disastrous to the country if there is epidemic, you can have a rabies vaccination from your vet.
" Micro-chipping - All pets need to be micro-chipped before traveling; again, the vet can do this for you and your pet's sake.
" Blood Sampling - All the mandatory blood samples have to becollected also. Blood tests are done to make sure that the rabies vaccine is capable enough to protect your animal. The rabies vaccine should be equal to or more than 0.5IU/ml in quantity. Make sure that your vet gives you the documentation mentioning this.
The above listed checks should have been done or before you have your pet leaving the country or before the pet transport agency brings your animal back. There are various other government and non-government organizations that you can call or contact that have useful information regarding transporting your pets to and from the country.
The best and safest thing you can do is to make sure that you have all your documentation complete and vaccinations done before you leave the country. This will make the changeover easier for you and your animal. Most dog transport and cat transport companies will have all the details required before you travel and if you have not already arranged beforehand then more often they can even get all the paper work and boosters etc. sorted out for you.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco