ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Travel South India With Theme Based Tour Packages
Total Articles: 400
Most travellers would assure you that Southern states of India are too big to be covered in single visit. However, tourists can explore South India wholesomely with theme travel destinations. The most popular themes for South India travel are pilgrimage travel, hill station travel, beach travel and nature travel.
Hill Station Travel: The most popular hill stations in South India are Ooty (Udhagamandalam) and Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu, Coorg in Karnataka, Munnar and Thekkady in Kerala. Each hill station has its own flavour of picturesque hills, lush green valleys and local attractions. The tea plantations at Munnar are as magnificent as lakes of Kodaikanal. The breathtaking landscapes of Coorg are as memorable as the Botanical Garden and Rose Garden in Ooty.
Pilgrimage Travel: South India is famous for its temples, their enriching traditions and customs. The most popular temple towns are Rameswaram, Madurai, Kochi, Tirupati, Nagore, Thiruannamalai, Thiruvananthapuram, Hampi, Belur, Halebid, Guruvayoor, Thirumala and many more.
The world’s richest temple, Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple is situated in Thiruvananthapuram; Kerala. Historical temples in Hampi, Belur and Halebid are as just as important as the temples of mythical significance in Rameswaram and Madurai. The rich culture and devotion of local and domestic travellers add the spiritual aura of faith and commitment to these temples. Several deities are regularly worshipped at these sacred destinations such as Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva, Lord Krishna and Rama, Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Kali, etc. However, in the country with more than 33 Crores of deities, there is no shortage of deities to be worshipped in these temples.
Nature Travel: South India is rich and varies in terms of the landscape and natural beauty. From lush green landscapes in valleys, the serene mountain tops, waterfalls, lakes to picture-perfect gardens, this region flaunts the serene natural bliss and an exotic collection of flora and fauna. However, each state has its timeless appeal. Alleppey has a backwater network that exudes serene ambiance of coconut trees and lush greenery. The waterfall at Jog Falls, National Park at Bandipur, beach at Kanyakumari, tea gardens at Ooty are simple breathtaking. The natural beauty of South India lays perfect opportunity for adventure travel and wildlife travel for the domestic and international thrill seekers.
With several beaches, spas and cuisines, travellers could design the South India tour packages to suit their personal favourite choices well. However, the best part is that these holidays would offer sufficient diversity and charm of their own to make it a memorable and charming travel experience for anyone.
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves to travel in India to pursue his passion. Recently he visited South India on a tour package from Cox & Kings and his albums are replete with pictures of this tour.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson