ALL >> Health >> View Article
Getting Your Emergency Medical Kit Ready
Total Articles: 6
A first aid or emergency medical kit is essential for preparing yourself for medical emergencies. You can be ready to respond to common injuries and medical emergencies effectively. Make sure that these kits are available at your home, vehicle and workplace. In this article, we will discuss how to prepare with an emergency medical kit.
Importance of having emergency medical kit
In many emergencies an emergency medical kit can be extremely important. In case of emergencies, rather than waiting to go to hospital, it is better to be prepared to address the situation immediately with an emergency medical kit. It helps in treating a person who is injured before he gets proper treatment in a hospital. So, make sure to keep a first aid kit easily accessible at all times. A first aid kit consists of many items that help in treating cuts, minor burns and injuries including sprains.
Be prepared with kits that address each situation
Every good emergency medical kit has some things in common; a few other things should also be included based on where the kit is used - home, office, camping and other situations. Choose a medical kit based on your needs or add items to an existing kit in order to serve the purpose. Customization helps you in making your medical kit ready for any emergency.
Include the following items recommended by Red Cross for a family of four
According to Red Cross for a family of four
• Emergency helpline numbers such as 911, poison control center and personal doctor
• Different sizes of adhesive bandages
• Roller and triangular bandages for holding dressing in place
• Non latex disposable gloves like examination or surgical gloves
• Instant ice packs
• Flash light with extra batteries
• A pair of scissors
• A pair of tweezers
• Antiseptic wipes
• Barrier devices like face shield or pocket mask
Buying emergency medical kit from a reputed dealer
Because first aid kits should be ready and accessible at all times, it should contain all the basic things that are required in case of medical emergencies. Therefore, it is sensible to purchase first aid kit from a reputed and trusted dealer, as this helps in getting all the essential things you need in case of emergency. The products in these kits are high quality, and bring a good value for money.
Injuries can happen to anyone, anywhere and anytime. It is essential to prepare for these situations. Keep in mind these tips to you in getting your medical emergency kit ready for all situations.
Medical Support Products Inc is a respiratory medical supplies dealer and online retailer since 1989. We sell, service and repair ventilators, concentrators, BiPAPs, CPAPs, smart monitors and more. We also buy used respiratory equipment. Our used respiratory equipment is cleaned and ready to use. For more details, please visit Mspinc.com
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat