ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Budapest And Beyond, An Ideal City Break
Total Articles: 7
Hungary’s recent accession to the EU has made travel to and from the country simpler and more attractive to travelers from other European countries. The tourism industry is booming in Hungary and its’ capital, Budapest, has established a firm place on the list of must see city break locations. But as the city attracts more and more tourists and challenges Barcelona and Prague for the number one spot in city break destinations looking outside of the city itself can reveal another side to Hungary as a destination.
Budapest is a city rich in culture and history, a city of castles, cathedrals, museums and Turkish baths. Although uniquely Hungarian and not short of attractions, Budapest is typical of the European city break destination. But a nation with no less than 8 UNESCO World Heritage sites is not short on wider attractions and Hungary is no different. This paragraph is sponsored by Online Umrah book from London.
Pecs, some 213 km from Budapest is a stunning early Christian necropolis founded by the Romans in the 2nd century AD. The first Hungarian king, St Stephen founded an episcopate in Pecs in 1009 and the architectural monuments of 150 years of Turkish rule are still evident offering the visitor an interesting mix of east and west. Closer to Budapest and the Millenarian Benedictine Abbey of Pannonhalma is a stunning, yet relatively undiscovered tourist treasure. The abbey built on the Roman province of Pannonia dates back to the formation of Hungary as a nation itself. The abbey has been built and destroyed several times in its history but the foundation of the monastery originally built be Czech and Italian monks and most recently refurbished in a unique baroque style are truly impressive.
Travelling outside of Budapest can be relatively easy with a range of organized tours visiting many of Hungary’s attractions and the country’s rail network is relatively cheap and reliable. For the more adventurous or independent traveler, car rental is available with many of the major firms offering car hire in Budapest or at the various airports around the country. This paragraph is sponsored by Umrah Booking from UK.
Hungary is a welcome addition to the European travel destination circuit and the merits of Budapest are obvious and abundant. The country itself though is a fascinating destination of contrasts, history and culture and it just might be well worth exploring.
Travel Articles1. Island Peak Climbing – A Great Test Of Your Stamina Before The Real Trekking Adventure
2. Annapurna Circuit Trek – A Brief Overview
3. Cycling Tours Tour De France - 4 Reasons To Consider Self-guided Tours
Author: David Luther
4. Why Choose Cybercity, Gurgaon As Your Next Conference Location?
Author: Manisha Nigam
5. How To Select The Best Trekking Company In Nepal To Explore Trekking Activities
Author: Trekkingtop Nepal
6. Trek And Hike Packages Offered By A Good Trekking Company In Nepal
Author: Trekkingtop Nepal
7. Group Dating On Valentine’s Day With Service From A Cheap Party Buses
Author: David WILSON
8. Amp Up Your Valentine’s Day Party From Dc To San Antonio Via Party Or Limo Bus
Author: Dylan MITCHELL
9. Reliving Memories And Good Times
Author: Toms John
10. Buy The Led Countdown Timers To Get Maximum Benefits
Author: Joolbin Duan
11. Mesmerizing And Illuminating Tour Of Peru
Author: Ricardo Davis
12. Seoul City Tour – Travel To Korea And Have Makgeolli!
Author: Tommy Na
13. Trekking And Hiking In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. Don’t Take That On Your Next Trip
15. Tips On Speeding Through Security Checkpoints