ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Henna Tattoos The New Fashion Statement
Total Articles: 23
Henna is obtained naturally from the leaves of the plant - Lawsonia inermis , which are sun dried and made into a paste.
It brings forth a rust dye molecule, named lawsone. Now,this molecule has a bonding with protein, which is used to dye skin,fingernails,hair,silk,wood,and leather.
Henna or Mehndi is a paste that can be purchased ready-made in a cone-shaped tube. It is majorly used into creating and applying this paste as designs for men and
women. Being derived from mendhikā, a Sanskrit word . The use of mehndi with turmeric has been described in the earliest Vedic Hindu ritual books. Haldi (turmeric
paste) as well as Henna (mehndi) are old Vedic customs, intended to be a symbolic or figurative representation of the inner and outer sun. Vedic customs revolve
around the idea related to "awakening the inner light".
Henna was first applied as a way to cool the body during hot days. In Hindi it is referred to as Mehndi.It is an ancient body art form that has been practiced in
India, Middle east and some parts of Africa for many thousands of years.
The juvenile twigs and leaves are crushed into fine powder, and then mixed with water to form a semi-liquid paste .It is applied on the hands or full arms, feet
and even hair to give them its produced reddish-orange , that is rust or burgandy color. This henna mud mixture is applied in beautiful designs using a small
plastic cone with a small hole pricked onto one corner. It acts same as a pastry-decorating tube .
An old folklore describes the story of a new young bride. Back in those days when she received her Mehndi before her wedding she was not allowed to do any kind of
household chores or any other work until the Mehndi faded away. She was getting lazier day by day and each night she would quietly sneak to another room &
re-apply her Mehndi over again. One day,her husband realized what was going on as it was taking twice the usual time for the Mehndi to fade away. It wasn't till
the next day when the bride was awfully tired while re-applying the Mehndi and she made a mistake. Next morning her husband saw some lines out of the original
place in her Mehndi and confirmed his doubt immediately about she had done.
Nevertheless ,the term 'Henna Tattoo in Dubai' is metamorphic, because real tattoos are permanent insertions done by surgical method of using pigments under the skin, as
instead of pigments applied on the surface as in the case of mehndi.
Due to the desire for a "black" tattoo-like appearance, many have started mixing henna with the synthetic dye p-Phenylenediamine (PPD) to give it a darker black
colour. Although it may lead to severe allergic reactions and hence was voted out as Allergen of the Year in 2006 , declared by the American Contact Dermatitis
Fashion/Costume Articles1. How To Choose Halloween Costume For Charming Look?
2. Purchase Best Designer Kurtis Online
Author: Sonali Lad
3. Pilaeo Charms With Mens Floral And Printed Shorts Selection
4. 5 Wardrobe Staples For Ethnic Wear In India
Author: Swapna Yadav
5. Why Fashion Is Important For Adolescents Too…….
Author: Nilesh Thakkar
6. Handcrafted To Perfection, Jewelry That Agelessly Beautify Us
Author: Olivia Henriques
7. Great Things Worth Knowing About Plus Size Styling
Author: Hampry Gomes
8. Embrace Your Beauty With Unique Alma Jewelry
Author: Liza Miele
9. Ladies!! Grab On Beatbox Premium Apparels To Stand Out From The Crowd
10. Omega De Ville Prestige Co-axial Chronometer 4126.96.36.199.02.002 Mens Watch| Understated, Elegant, C
Author: Jasson C
11. The Bold And Stylish Leather Bags For Men
Author: Sanjay Saha
12. Tips For Buying A New Mattress
13. Don’t Miss The Trend Of Stylish Dresses
Author: Prazat Kumai
14. Create A Style Statement In Short Sleeves T-shirt, Dad Hats And Snapbacks
15. Unique And Unknown Features Of African Fabrics And Clothes
Author: anil kumar