ALL >> Business >> View Article
Are You Facing Plumbing Leakage Problem?
Total Articles: 1
What if one morning you woke up going to get smart and ready, but find a puddle of water underneath your water heater. A leak from your tank is a most common plumbing problem which can occur any time uninvited. These are some specific problems which need your full concern. But the question arises, What causes the leaking from water heater tank? Let's take a look at some possible scenarios which can cause the leak:
1: A leak from the temperature and pressure relief valve
The temperature and pressure relief valve is in every water heater. It is designed in a way that when there is too much pressure or water is so hot in the tank, water start releasing. This all measurements are for tank safety. The temperature and pressure relief valve is fitted with a discharge tube runs from the valve to the floor. This pipe is pointed down towards the floor, rather than outwards where it could be harmful. If there is a puddle of water at the bottom of your hot water tank check the inside of the discharge tube for any moisture. If you find some, the problem is likely the temperature and pressure relief valve. Either there is too much pressure in the tank or the valve is faulty. This problem is usually fixable by either replacing the valve or calling a plumber to deal with the internal pressure problem.
2: A leak from the drain valve
Every water heater has a drain valve at the bottom of the tank that is used to drain the tank to take out any built up sediment. If the valve is faulty, it will start to leak water that will pool at the bottom of the tank. If the valve isn’t water tight, water may also start seeping out of the bounds of the valve. A leaky drain valve is very fixable. Replacing the drain valve will normally solve the problem. If the valve is faulty you can also screw on a brass garden hose cap to stop the leak.
3:A leak from the tank
Most leaks come from the hot water tank. This implies there is an internal problem with the tank. One of its components has sprung a leak which has pooled at the underside of the tank and is slowly leaking out. Usually, the cause of this is sediment buildup inside the tank. If this sediment is left long enough it will start to crack and rust the tank, eventually leading to a leak. An escape from the tank it almost always means the water heater needs to be replaced. In this scenario you can either contact a professional plumber to investigate further or you can purchase a new water heater.
How to prevent it and treat it:
Performing regular water heater maintenance will help prolong the life of your water heater. Flushing your water heater and checking the anode rod once a year will help prevent sediment build-up, which will in turn bring down the chances of an escape.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better