ALL >> Education >> View Article
What Is Physical Security Professional (psp) Exam
Total Articles: 47
This exam is aimed at those professional who are expert in conducting threat surveys; designing security systems that include equipment, procedures, and people. They also know how to install, operate and maintain such systems. They have knowledge and experience in threat assessment and risk analysis.
Listed below are the exam objectives:
Physical Security Assessment
Identify assets to determine their value loss impact and criticality.
Evaluate the nature of the threats so problem can be determined.
Conduct a physical security survey to identify the weaknesses of the organization.
Perform a risk analysis and develop countermeasures.
Application, Design, and Integration of Physical Security Systems
Establishing security system requirements and performance specifications
Apply Physical Security Measures
System Design and Integration and Recommendations
Implementation of Physical Security Measures
Outline criteriato ensure comprehensiveness and suitability of implementation.
Secure system and implement recommended solutions to solve problems identified.
Conduct final acceptance testing and implement/provide procedures for ongoing monitoring and assessment of the measures.
Candidates who wish to sit for this exam should have one of the following a high school diploma or a GED equivalent or an associate degree and six years of physical security experience.
Candidates can also qualify if they have a Bachelor's degree or higher and four years of physical security experience.
Exam Study Material
There is reference material listed below which will help in the preparation of the exam. Candidates can purchase the reference material in two ways. The first method is to buy all eight references and the second is to buy six references and excluding two guides; Business Continuity Guideline and Facilities Physical Security Measures Guideline. All ASIS members are have access to the pdf files free of charge.
The material listed below comprises the PSP reference material.
ASIS Business Continuity Guideline
ASIS Facilities Physical Security Measures Guideline
Design and Evaluation of Physical Protection Systems
Effective Physical Security, 4th Edition
Implementing Physical Protection Systems
Introduction to Security
Risk Analysis and the Security Survey
The exam consists of 125 multiple-choice questions. These cover all the three domains in PSP. All exam questions come from the official reference books.
Education Articles1. Insight Of The Key Benefits Of Corporate Training
2. Which Are The Best Engineering Courses In India 2017?
3. Essay On Drug Crime Investigation
Author: jackson bird
4. Dyslexia Software Ready For Windows 10s - Ghotit Dyslexia
5. Fishy Things That Nobody Told You About Tax Accountant In Rockdale
Author: Austin Loader
6. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh, Mohali India
7. Sap Online Training By Learn It Training
Author: Learn IT Training, Hyderabad Based Online Training
8. Prepare Your Child With Summer Tutoring Programs
Author: TAS New York
9. Engineers Have The Ability To Change The World
Author: ponting brown
10. Which Are The Best Engineering And Architecture Courses In The Construction Industry?
11. Past Responsive Webdesign: Tomorrows Technology
Author: Learn web designing course Bangalore, Infocampus i
12. Explore, Learn, Construct & Grow With Cept University
Author: cept university
13. Best Advice You Could Ever Get About Taking Online Classes
Author: Benjamin Williams
14. Numerical Simulation Of Flow Ower Flat - Sloped Stepped Spillway
15. How To Improve Academic Performance: 5 Things You’re Forgetting To Do
Author: Todd Manning