ALL >> Education >> View Article
What Is Physical Security Professional (psp) Exam
Total Articles: 47
This exam is aimed at those professional who are expert in conducting threat surveys; designing security systems that include equipment, procedures, and people. They also know how to install, operate and maintain such systems. They have knowledge and experience in threat assessment and risk analysis.
Listed below are the exam objectives:
Physical Security Assessment
Identify assets to determine their value loss impact and criticality.
Evaluate the nature of the threats so problem can be determined.
Conduct a physical security survey to identify the weaknesses of the organization.
Perform a risk analysis and develop countermeasures.
Application, Design, and Integration of Physical Security Systems
Establishing security system requirements and performance specifications
Apply Physical Security Measures
System Design and Integration and Recommendations
Implementation of Physical Security Measures
Outline criteriato ensure comprehensiveness and suitability of implementation.
Secure system and implement recommended solutions to solve problems identified.
Conduct final acceptance testing and implement/provide procedures for ongoing monitoring and assessment of the measures.
Candidates who wish to sit for this exam should have one of the following a high school diploma or a GED equivalent or an associate degree and six years of physical security experience.
Candidates can also qualify if they have a Bachelor's degree or higher and four years of physical security experience.
Exam Study Material
There is reference material listed below which will help in the preparation of the exam. Candidates can purchase the reference material in two ways. The first method is to buy all eight references and the second is to buy six references and excluding two guides; Business Continuity Guideline and Facilities Physical Security Measures Guideline. All ASIS members are have access to the pdf files free of charge.
The material listed below comprises the PSP reference material.
ASIS Business Continuity Guideline
ASIS Facilities Physical Security Measures Guideline
Design and Evaluation of Physical Protection Systems
Effective Physical Security, 4th Edition
Implementing Physical Protection Systems
Introduction to Security
Risk Analysis and the Security Survey
The exam consists of 125 multiple-choice questions. These cover all the three domains in PSP. All exam questions come from the official reference books.
Education Articles1. Schools In Sohna Road, Gurgaon: A Smart Choice For Kids
Author: Abhinav Singh
2. Know What It Takes To Become A Good Pole Dancing Teacher
Author: Dee Heath
3. The Future Scope Of Ios App Development
4. Why Java Se Is A Good Choice For Implementing Real-time Systems
5. Chinese Language: Scope And Career Opportunities
Author: sifil symbiosis
6. Learn How To Judge The Best B-school For Yourself!
Author: Sukanta Singha
7. Discover The Spirit Of Design At Avantika University
Author: Gaurav Peshkar
8. How To Use Technology For Development Of Your Kid Without Turning It Into Bane?
Author: Shivangi Joshi
9. Instant Success 1y0-340 Exam With Valid 1y0-340 Questions Dumps 2018
Author: Jessica Fay
10. Learning Objectives Of R Programming Training
11. Early Learning Center And Its Role In Childhood Education
Author: Kelly Reed
12. Java Programming Language, Platforms, Java Virtual Machine, Jvm Without Java
13. Architecture Of Search Engine
Author: gagan deep ahik
14. Tlshs-degree Course In Hotel Management
15. Which College Is Best For An Mba/pgdm Among Itm Bangalore Or Iba Bangalore?
Author: sujatha Reddy