ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
A Closer Look At Drapes And Curtains In PhiladelphiaBy Expert Author: Roxie Tenner
The physical appearance of certain windows isn't aesthetically pleasing. It's a good thing that drapes and curtains exist to help conceal the flaws in these structural openings. Though largely used interchangeably, drapes and curtains have certain distinctions, but both serve to extend the functionality of your windows.
Differentiating Drapes from Curtains
When you're on the lookout for drapes and curtains in Philadelphia, know that it's important to initially identify the purpose that you want the window treatments to serve. Know that drapes, unlike curtains, are usually lined with another fabric. By comparison, curtains are made out of just one relatively lighter material.
As for more differences, drapes are hung on rods, which are normally concealed from view by wooden panels or other decorative elements. Curtains, on the other hand, are held in place by visible tabs on rods. Furthermore, drapes offer privacy and prevent heat and cold from entering the space, while curtains provide minimum restrictions for warm and cool air to pass through.
Practical Tips on Using Curtains and Drapes
When shopping for Philadelphia drapes and curtains, it's advisable to opt for neutral tones for a classic appeal. This will decrease the chances of having to replace them in case you choose to update the look of your space sometime in the future. Aside from that, neutral colored fabrics can also be used relatively longer because should they fade, such change will hardly be noticeable.
You can also use drapes and curtains to draw attention to or shift attention from certain portions of the space. For instance, the design of such window treatments can be used to complement the other elements present in the room in question. On the contrary, they can also provide the sharp but interesting contrast necessary in order to achieve the intended look of the area.
Though such window treatments are almost always added as part of the finishing touches when designing a space, in no time should they be an afterthought. It's necessary to point out that drapes and curtains contribute a lot to the appearance of a certain space. For more information on the topic, visit elledecor.com/home-remodeling/what-the-pros-know/how-to-home-decorating-ideas/how-to-choose-curtains.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald