ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Philadelphia Blinds And Low-e Glass For South Windows: A Saver's Equation
Total Articles: 18
Double-glazed glass with low-E coating is a revolutionary type of glass that’s perfect for the energy-efficient household. However, it’s not exactly the most affordable type of glass in the market, especially if the inner layer is filled with inert gases. The cost can range between $145 without low-E coating and $200 with low-E per square meter.
For those who don't have the money for energy-efficient glass, window treatments are a low-cost alternative. Several studies have suggested that the insulating properties of treatments such as drapes and blinds in Philadelphia, can reduce energy costs by a great deal. For instance, the cost for blinds varies, but rough estimates put them between $12.46 and $23.94 per square meter ($3.80 to $7.30 per square foot x 3.28 feet [1 meter]).
Blinds are typically installed with a close fit over the frame, and they have an advantage over curtains as far as heat loss reduction is concerned. Experts estimate households can reduce heat loss by 28 percent with blinds. Honeycomb variants, which feature an innovative design built for keeping precious heat inside or excess heat out, reduce heat loss by up to 36 percent.
Window treatments aren’t designed to completely take the place of treated window glass. Alone, each of them can't do very much yet together they drastically reduce heat loss. Experts estimate the total heat loss reduction achieved by combining the use of window blinds and low-E glass can go as much as 45 percent.
To keep the cost of insulation low, experts recommend focusing upgrades for windows facing the south. Unlike in some parts of the world, the Sun rises in the southeast instead of the traditional east and sunlight begins to heat the home by filtering through windows facing the south. This tip will come in handy during the summer periods. Equip south-facing windows with energy-efficient glass and Philadelphia blinds to deal with sweltering sunlight.
Go to BuildingConservation.com to know more about how much heat loss window treatments can cut. For tips on where to place them, visit the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory online at LBL.gov.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi