ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Help Your Child Go Easy With Maths?
Total Articles: 58
First and the foremost, build in interest in your child to study maths. If you find it lacking, ask him to play analytical games that will not only sharpen his mind but will also enhance interest level making him understand the basic pedagogy of mathematics.
Secondly, is your child good in fractions? Solving fractions are difficult for kids, yet it's through fractions that they learn probability, scale, ratio, algebra and proportional reasoning. Fractions and decimals are introduced in earlier grades to root the basic concept.
Does your child multiply easily? Multiplication doesn't just mean your child have to know their tables, understanding the process behind how numbers are multiplied and divided is very essential. Encourage children by making them understand the subject importance in everyday life.
Kids should be taught to memorize tables. If your child is comfortable with their tables, they can easily multiply an unusual problem, such as 12 x 15, in their mind without much difficulty. Knowing their time tables by heart helps kids learning the basics and focus on more complex sums. It's about being easy with maths as taught in their maths tuition in Singapore.
Kids must understand and learn about place value. For instance, take any number- say number 35, the place value of ‘3' is 30 or three units of 10. Place value is one of the foundational areas of maths. It facilitate kids to make complex sums easier as they understand things like 50 x 5 will be the same answer as 5 x 5 multiplied by 10.
Can your kid estimate numbers/sums? Kids need to be developed in number game and parents can measure this by their skills in estimation.
To help develop your child's assessment skills, ask:
• Basis length- how long the backyard is?
• Basis mass- how heavy a partially used packet of flour might weigh?
• Basis capacity- how many jellybeans will fit into the jar?
• Basis multiplication- how much the petrol will cost if half a tank is needed?
A child who can estimate quickly, know whether the answer to a sum/problem makes sense or not, without having to do the exact calculation. Just go ahead with mentioned tips and see the difference in your child’s development.
There are many centers that provide maths tuition in Singapore but, very few among them emphasize on the structure, logic and procedure behind it. Quality instructor and right teaching method ensures the bright future of children, adding on to their abilities.
Author info :
Education Articles1. Selection Procedure Of Nda Exam
Author: Johny Gibbes
2. Study Abroad Consultants - Moving To Canada Made Easier For Students
Author: Ishita Trivedi
3. A Great Career From Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Develop Your Skills With The Help Of Instructor-free Self Learning Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. An Overview Of Ibm Tivoli Storage Manager Along With Its Key Benefits
6. Coaching Class - 6 Ways To Excel At Coaching Class
Author: Arpita Classes
7. Why Overseas Education Consultants Became Necessary In Today’s Global Education Market?
Author: aanandita kumari
8. Top 6 It Security Certification Programs For Boost Your Career
9. 700-260 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Search For Best B.tech University In India Ends At Dehradun
Author: Graphic Era
11. Final Choice Of Best Engineering College In Uttarakhand
Author: Paul Wright
12. Using Interface We Get The Multiple Interface In Java
13. Cbse To Introduce Book Lockers!
14. Industrial Training In Webtrackker Technology
15. Why The Best Engineering College In Dehradun Is The Perfect Solution For You
Author: Graphic Era