ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Help Your Child Go Easy With Maths?
Total Articles: 58
First and the foremost, build in interest in your child to study maths. If you find it lacking, ask him to play analytical games that will not only sharpen his mind but will also enhance interest level making him understand the basic pedagogy of mathematics.
Secondly, is your child good in fractions? Solving fractions are difficult for kids, yet it's through fractions that they learn probability, scale, ratio, algebra and proportional reasoning. Fractions and decimals are introduced in earlier grades to root the basic concept.
Does your child multiply easily? Multiplication doesn't just mean your child have to know their tables, understanding the process behind how numbers are multiplied and divided is very essential. Encourage children by making them understand the subject importance in everyday life.
Kids should be taught to memorize tables. If your child is comfortable with their tables, they can easily multiply an unusual problem, such as 12 x 15, in their mind without much difficulty. Knowing their time tables by heart helps kids learning the basics and focus on more complex sums. It's about being easy with maths as taught in their maths tuition in Singapore.
Kids must understand and learn about place value. For instance, take any number- say number 35, the place value of ‘3' is 30 or three units of 10. Place value is one of the foundational areas of maths. It facilitate kids to make complex sums easier as they understand things like 50 x 5 will be the same answer as 5 x 5 multiplied by 10.
Can your kid estimate numbers/sums? Kids need to be developed in number game and parents can measure this by their skills in estimation.
To help develop your child's assessment skills, ask:
• Basis length- how long the backyard is?
• Basis mass- how heavy a partially used packet of flour might weigh?
• Basis capacity- how many jellybeans will fit into the jar?
• Basis multiplication- how much the petrol will cost if half a tank is needed?
A child who can estimate quickly, know whether the answer to a sum/problem makes sense or not, without having to do the exact calculation. Just go ahead with mentioned tips and see the difference in your child’s development.
There are many centers that provide maths tuition in Singapore but, very few among them emphasize on the structure, logic and procedure behind it. Quality instructor and right teaching method ensures the bright future of children, adding on to their abilities.
Author info :
Education Articles1. 5 Ways How Laboratorio Linguistico Software Are Encouraging New Idiom Learners
Author: Carol Fleming
2. 4 Verifiable Benefits Of Using Language Labs
Author: Carol Fleming
3. What Is Self-regulation And How Can It Help Kids?
Author: Sherry Shellenberger
5. Top Three Reasons For Studying Photogrammetry
6. Did You Read Ever About These Types Of Algorithm Of Machine Learning?
7. Colors Institute Of Interior Designing
8. Importance Of Pastoral Care In Schools
Author: Priya Varma
9. What Does The Transactional Analysis Training Teaches You?
10. Prepare The Online Dba Interview Questions For Securing Your Dream Job
11. How To Go About Speaking Chinese – Picking The Right Chinese Course In Shanghai
Author: Michel Kern
12. 5 Important Things To Keep In Mind For Online Examinations
13. Water Zone
14. Exam Jn0-420 – Juniper Network Certified Specialist Automation And Devops (jncis – Devops)
Author: John Miller
15. Selenium Training Institute In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar