ALL >> Education >> View Article
How To Help Your Child Go Easy With Maths?
Total Articles: 58
First and the foremost, build in interest in your child to study maths. If you find it lacking, ask him to play analytical games that will not only sharpen his mind but will also enhance interest level making him understand the basic pedagogy of mathematics.
Secondly, is your child good in fractions? Solving fractions are difficult for kids, yet it's through fractions that they learn probability, scale, ratio, algebra and proportional reasoning. Fractions and decimals are introduced in earlier grades to root the basic concept.
Does your child multiply easily? Multiplication doesn't just mean your child have to know their tables, understanding the process behind how numbers are multiplied and divided is very essential. Encourage children by making them understand the subject importance in everyday life.
Kids should be taught to memorize tables. If your child is comfortable with their tables, they can easily multiply an unusual problem, such as 12 x 15, in their mind without much difficulty. Knowing their time tables by heart helps kids learning the basics and focus on more complex sums. It's about being easy with maths as taught in their maths tuition in Singapore.
Kids must understand and learn about place value. For instance, take any number- say number 35, the place value of ‘3' is 30 or three units of 10. Place value is one of the foundational areas of maths. It facilitate kids to make complex sums easier as they understand things like 50 x 5 will be the same answer as 5 x 5 multiplied by 10.
Can your kid estimate numbers/sums? Kids need to be developed in number game and parents can measure this by their skills in estimation.
To help develop your child's assessment skills, ask:
• Basis length- how long the backyard is?
• Basis mass- how heavy a partially used packet of flour might weigh?
• Basis capacity- how many jellybeans will fit into the jar?
• Basis multiplication- how much the petrol will cost if half a tank is needed?
A child who can estimate quickly, know whether the answer to a sum/problem makes sense or not, without having to do the exact calculation. Just go ahead with mentioned tips and see the difference in your child’s development.
There are many centers that provide maths tuition in Singapore but, very few among them emphasize on the structure, logic and procedure behind it. Quality instructor and right teaching method ensures the bright future of children, adding on to their abilities.
Author info :
Education Articles1. What Qualifications Are Important To Get Into The Nda Exam?
2. For Studying A Digital Marketing Course Or Join A Company As A Digital Marketing Trainee?
3. Looking For Day Care Near Manchester?
Author: Nichola Moss
4. Why Ux Is Not 100% Ui
5. Best Digital Marketing Course In Delhi| Top Digital Marketing Institute In Delhi
Author: Gaurav Dubey
6. Led Lcd Tv Repairing Course In Delhi
Author: Mr. A
7. How You Should Analyse Your Mock Tests
Author: Kishor Rathod
8. Things To Keep In Mind For Ssc Cgl Descriptive Test 2018
Author: Tina sharma
9. The Best Among Ux And Ui Design
Author: Career LiftUp
10. 10 Non-traditional Nursing Jobs You Can Opt For
Author: John Noels
11. Advantages Of Child Care Centres In Eastern Creek
Author: Katherine Harris
12. Salesforce Career Path Made Simple
Author: Riley Louis
13. All About Managing Successful Program (msp) Training & Certification
Author: Olushola Ogunseitan
14. C Program
Author: karpagam s
15. How I Passed My Comptia Security+ Sy0-501 Exam In The First Attempt?
Author: Angela George