ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Walk In Bath
Total Articles: 6
It's a well-known fact that the elderly and mobility-challenged are at severe risk of suffering injuries from falling. Ranging from simple cuts or bruises to serious limb/spinal fractures, head injuries, ligament tears and contusions, accidental falls can be painful, disabling or even life-threatening. Apart from this, falls can seriously undermine the person's self-confidence and lead to depression. Most senior citizens also prefer to retain their dignity and privacy even in the face of challenges and resist assistance and care till it becomes inevitable. Taking a bath can be one of the areas where personal dignity is unfortunately bound to be compromised.
The ideal solution is the walk in bath. These are special tubs or enclosures that may or may not be combined with a shower system. They have a low level swing door fitted to the side of the tub, thus making it convenient for the person to step in and out it. For people who are unsteady on their feet, wheelchair bound people or those with restricted mobility, this can be a real boon. Many people have problems balancing themselves as they get older or they find it impossible to lift their feet to step over the side of a conventional tub, so they end up forgoing the pleasure of a nice hot soak. However the walk in bath provides all the comforts of the bath tub without the hassle of having to maneuver yourself into it. The leak-proof water-tight door ensures that there's no dangerous spillage outside the bath.
Walk in baths may come with additional features like being extra wide or deep, with grab-rails, spa options, thermostatically controlled taps, double waste outlets for faster emptying, inside seating for converting it into a sit down bath or shower, choice of colors, anti slip flooring etc. Another useful feature that's available with some manufacturers is the external door handle which can be used to lift the entire door out in case of an emergency without damaging the leak-proof gasket. The low threshold is a boon for wheelchair bound people also who can be assisted in and out of the bath safely and conveniently.
Some of the things to be kept in mind while installing a walk in bath:
Always get them installed by a professional or company technician. This is no DIY job as it affects the safety of your loved ones. Select the walk in bath that's suitable for the size and dimensions of your bathroom. It should also be based on the needs/limitations of the person it's meant for. Based your budget and the features you require, you can select the most appropriate walk in bath.
Bathe Safely is a leading sit in shower provider in UK. We can design and fit your sit in shower booth into any available space.
Home and Garden Articles1. Essential To Look At The Following 3 Features To Get Cream Chargers Cheap
Author: Kathy Richy
2. Do's & Don'ts Of Diy Tile Installation
Author: Mike Aurtho
3. The Guide To Hiring Reliable Local Movers In New York
Author: Michael Holden
4. Why Is Corectec Plus Flooring Special?
Author: Kaiser holder
5. How To Find Best Supplier Of Security Screens & Doors In Sunshine Coast
Author: Kerry Reimers
6. Why You Should Consider Quartz Countertops For Your Kitchen Renovation
Author: Mary Morris
7. Hire Vacate Cleaning Perth Services For Full Bond Amount Return
8. Why Glass Balcony Balustrades Are So Adorable These Days
Author: John Carlos
9. Steps To Take Before You Call A Termite Inspection Penrith
Author: Alicia Brett
10. Bringing The Best Out Of Your Employees With Paint Colors
Author: Adam lee
11. Before You Clean Your Home, Think Twice
Author: Ethan Symes
12. Professional, Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Repair And Setup Assistance
Author: Kelly M. Russum
13. Why Choose Aluminium Shutters
Author: Apollo Blinds
14. Tree Cutter Service, Trimming Stump Removal And Landscaping Rocks - Odessa, Tx
Author: Vernell Fobbs We provide the one-stop solution for
15. 4 Most Popular Kids Wall Murals In 2017
Author: Albert Costa