ALL >> Health >> View Article
Get To Know Yoga Experts In Modern Age
Total Articles: 2
The origin of yoga dates back to more than three thousand years. According to Vedic literature, yoga is a set of techniques to control body and mind. Patanjali is credited as "father of yoga" for his extraordinary work in making and standardizing the principles of yoga. This article throws light on people who made considerable contribution to develop and popularize modern yoga techniques that are getting increasingly popular across the globe.
Modern yoga is believed to begin in the Parliament of Religions held in USA on 11th September 1893. In this summit, Swami Vivekananda made a long lasting impression on US citizens with his spiritual speech and attracted many students to yoga. The modern age of yoga starts with Sri Ramakrishna and his students - Swami Vivekananda and Ramana Maharshi.
One of the greatest masters of yoga in modern age is Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya. He is considered the "father of modern yoga". His techniques, called Astanga vinyasa yoga involving breathing and movement combined - take eight paths to master control over breath, posture, concentration, meditation, etc. Astanga vinyasa is more prominent in Indian yoga style. It begins with sun salutations and closes with shava asana.
Tirumalai Krishnamacharya also popularized yoga under "yoga korunta" written by Vamana Rishi of ancient India. Yoga korunta developed new methods in yoga teaching comprising acrobatics and athletics. It became more popular for these reasons.
Swami Sivananda was another leading personality in popularizing yoga in modern age. Under his leadership, it underwent significant changes from teaching to techniques (methods) to make it simple and attractive. Swami Sivananda gave five principles to govern practice of yoga. These include relaxation, exercises, breathing, appropriate diet, meditation and positive thinking.
Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Sri Swatmarama (15-16th centuries) is a compilation on Hatha yoga. The leading exponent of Hatha yoga in modern age is B.K.S. Iyengar. It got popular as a set of modern yoga techniques in many countries. It is a kind of forced meditation that helps banish evil thoughts. The difficulty is in its postures - one has to stand single legged and hold hands up.
It emphasizes purifying the body as a way to purifying the mind. Many masters have come forward with their unique methods of teaching Hatha yoga.
In modern yoga teachers' point of view, yoga is a complete set of tools to keep the body fit. Since each individual teacher have their own set of goals in making new yogic techniques (flexibility in learning skills, goals, etc.), there is a huge diversity in current yoga practice.
In the present information era due to the abundant availability of information, our major challenge is not the lack of information but too much of information. Major-developments.net addresses this problem by providing only the major developments with global perspective conveniently organized on yearly basis. It helps by capturing the most important developments across various fields.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men