ALL >> Health >> View Article
What You Should Know About Late Term Abortions
Total Articles: 73
What factors should you keep in mind before bearing in mind a late-term abortion? The decision to abort, after all is a difficult one. Here is something that will help you.
A bit about abortion
A late-term abortion denotes an induced abortion procedure that arises post the 20th week of gestation. There is no definite time period that demarcates it as a late term abortion, thus rendering it a grey area. Certain sources claim 16 weeks as late.The break-even point which decides whether an abortion is late-term is regarding the ability of the fetus to survive outside the uterus.
A look at pregnancy
Generally, the quotient of viability varies momentously among pregnancies. Most pregnancies are feasible after the 27th week, and none before 21 weeks. According to various reliable reports, in England, 9% of abortions occurred in the middle of 13-19 weeks.
The factors you need to consider
The first deliberation before deciding whether or not you want to opt for late term abortion is that you are bearing a human life inside of you. Abortions take place to mitigate unwarranted pregnancies or in cases when the baby is diagnosed with a birth defect. Sometimes, even if the life of the mother of the baby is in danger, the process of abortion is carried out. However, in countries like Ireland, abortion is still considered to be against the morals and principles and are rarely allowed by doctors.
Everything in detail
Well, enough talk about abortion and how different countries may or may not support it. Let's talk about the procedure now.
To go through with this procedure, three general procedures of late-term abortions and partial birth abortions are present. Firstly, there is D&E (Dilation and evacuation). Here the cervix is dilated and the fetus is detached by insertion of forceps inside the uterus. The fetus is then disjointed into several pieces and these pieces are categorically removed one by one. In the end, vacuum aspiration takes place to ensure removal of all remnants.
Second procedure is intense and is rarely ever used as an abortion procedure; it is the early induction of labor.
The third procedure is called Intact D&X surgery. It involves a 2-3 day process to progressively widen the cervix.Thereafter, the baby is pulled out of the birth canal, keeping the head intact inside the canal. An incision is made at the base of the baby's skull, through which the brain tissue is removed, triggering the skull to fall. The baby is then removed.
Are you looking for Late Term Abortion?. You can then visit http://www.womenscenter.com/early_surgical_abortion.html for more info.
Health Articles1. The Services Offered To The Patients In A Dental Clinic Is Unending
Author: Claudia Lamington
2. Linear Accelerators For Radiation Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
3. Make A Right Choice - Best Gynecologist In India
Author: ponting brown
4. Lysosomal Alpha Glucosidase Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
Author: mr shah
5. Benefits Of Email Marketing
6. How Costs Vary In The Liposuction Surgery?
7. Have You Asked In Detail To Your Surgeon About Body Sculpting?
8. 4 Things To Follow In Ivf Process
Author: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
9. Gastric Bypass Surgery – The Best Weight Loss Surgery
Author: Arvind Kumar
10. The Benefits Of Using Mouthwash
Author: Helen Diaz
11. Weight Loss Surgery – Is It Really Effective
Author: Arvind Kumar
12. Fraud, Deceptions, And Downright Lies About Blood Cleanup Exposed
Author: Phillip Jones
13. Must Know Facts About Hair Transplant In Bangladesh
14. Traveling To Barcelona For A Medical Conference? | Emedevents
15. Functional Medicine A Legitimate Approach To Treat Chronic Lifestyle Diseases - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta