ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
How To Prepare A Christmas Cake?
Total Articles: 449
If you are preparing and decorating the Christmas cake for the very first time or looking for a complete new twist on the dried fruits, spices, booze and nuts, then you are at the ideal place. This article will offer you step-by-step guidelines on preparing and icing a cake to make this Christmas Eve perfect. Let’s start.
• Here I will describe the guidelines to prepare a 8 inch round cake and you have to start preparing all the ingredients on the night before you are planning to bake it. Take the ingredients like 450gms of currants, 175gms of raisins and sultanas, 50gms of rinsed, dried and also finely chopped glace cherries and 50gms of finely chopped mix candied peel. Mix all the ingredients with 3 tablespoons of brandy and then cover that bowl with clean tea cloth and leave for 12 hours or overnight so that the fruits can absorb the alcohol and plump up.
• Line the cake tin by using a double strip of the silicone paper and keep it a little longer than the circumference of that cake tin.
• Press the paper inside the tin after greasing the tin. Check whether the paper has sat comfortably inside the tin. Use another paper for the base of the tin.
• Tie brown paper around the outer part of the tin to protect the cake during slow and long cooking.
• Now it is time to prepare the cake batter. In order to do that, first of all take 225gms of unsalted butter and brown sugar and cream them together. Beat 4 eggs in a bowl and then add it to this mix slowly, a little at a time. After adding all the eggs, add 225gms of plain flour along with ½ teaspoon of ground mixed spice and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg. Mix these ingredients with the previous mixture with gentle cut and fold movements to keep in some air.
• Add those soaked fruits to the cake mix with 50gms of chopped almonds, 1 dessert-spoon of black treacle and with the grated zest of one lemon and one orange. Fold all these ingredients very carefully.
• Spoon the mix into the cake tin and then smooth the upper part with the back of the spoon.
• Cover the tin with the silicon paper with a little hole in the center. Put the tin into the oven and bake for 4½-4¾ hours.
• To check whether your cake is done or not, press the center part of the cake slightly with your little finger, if it springs back, then the cake is ready. Let the cake cool for around 30 minutes.
• Last but not the least, it is the time to feed the cake. According to the old sayings, the Christmas cakes are at their best only when they are matured. So, make small holes in the base and on the top of the cake and feed with a few teaspoons of rum, brandy or whisky every day so that the flavors of the cake intensify and mellow out simultaneously.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Landing Page Explainer Video
Author: Rahul Pawar
2. A Deserving Competitor 10.or D Review
Author: Avni Sharma
3. Authoritative Trend Of Digital Marketing Through Content Copy Writing
Author: Digital Prosoft
4. Top 5 Benefits Of Hiring Outsource Seo Services
5. Not Getting All You Want From Professional Business Listing Directory? Take This Step
Author: John Smith
6. 3 Tips To Get Success In Your Business With Online Marketing Services
Author: Meenakshi Jain
7. Choosing The Seo Company In Sydney - What You Need To Know
Author: Mario Sazos
8. Role Of Internet Marketing In Automotive Industry
Author: Gary Martin
9. Find A Professional Graphic Designer In Cambridge
Author: Matthew Gary
10. How To Build An Ecommerce Platform In India?
Author: Gaurav Jain
11. Top 3 Reasons Why Marketplace Sellers Should Build An Online Store
Author: Gaurav Jain
12. Landing Page Whiteboard Video
Author: Rahul Pawar
13. Coupsteer - Celebrity & Political Digital Marketing Agency India
Author: Prateek Jadhav
14. Global Incident Response Services Market
Author: Shivani Singh
15. Grow Your Business Online With Best Online Marketing Service Provider