ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
About Preparing The Chinese New Year Cake
Total Articles: 449
The Chinese new year is one such time when the Chinese people enjoy different types of delectable snacks and foods. One of the tastiest food eaten during this time is the Chinese new year cakes, which is also known as the nian geo. This cake is made with the glutinous and sticky rice flour along with brown sugar as this is the symbol of growing taller and achieving higher every single year. Besides, this also symbolizes that a prosperous year is awaiting ahead. In most of the cases, the cake is served as warm. But in Hong Kong, people mainly love to have the steamed sticky rice cake sliced and therefore pan fried with egg. If the cake is not pan fried, then the texture of the cake will be pastry inside and a little crispy outside. Chinese people basically serve this cake with some other snacks like turnip cake and taro cake when their relatives or friends come to visit them. Let’s have a look at the delicious and unique recipe of the Chinese new year rice cake. It is quite simple to prepare and so you can make this cake easily at your home.
The ingredients to prepare the new year rice cake are:
• 200gms of glutinous rice flour
• 70gms of wheat flour
• 250gms of brown sugar in pieces
• 80ml coconut cream
• 1 whisked egg
• 1 cup full of water
• 30ml refined oil and a dash to brush the cake mold
Then it comes the method to prepare this cake
To prepare this cake, first of all, boil one cup of water in a saucepan. Add brown sugar in the water and stir until dissolved. Then mix the oil and the coconut cream and keep on stirring. After that, drain that syrup with the help of a fine sieve in order to make the mix smooth. Leave the mix to cool down.
Sift the wheat flour and the glutinous rice flour twice beforehand and then bit by bit add the flour into the previously made syrup. Keep on stirring to combine the mix properly. In case you want to make the batter smoother, then drain the batter through a fine sieve once more.
After that, transfer the cake batter into the greased cake mold. Place the mold in a wok and then steam it over high heat by covering the mold for around 60 to 75 minutes.
The cake would remain sticky even after it is cooked properly and will stick to the chopstick or needle while testing. But if you don’t get the taste of raw flour, then the cake is done. So, don’t overcook it anymore.
Keep the cake away from heat and allow it to cool. When the cake comes to the room temperature, refrigerate it for around 3 hours. After that, while the cake is cold, it would become quite easy to slice it into thick pieces.
Coat the sliced pieces with whisked eggs and then fry the slices on the medium-low heat until and unless both sides become brown. After preparing serve hot.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Takenregistratie
2. Ppc As A Vital Benchmark To Enhance The Marketing Of Your Business
Author: Digital Prosoft
3. Reasons To Appreciate A Landing Page
Author: Simplified SocialMedia Optimization
4. Top Reason Why Your Website Is Not Ranking In Google 2018
5. Garmin Map Update Error +1-888-524-8675
Author: garmin update
6. Communication Is Getting Cheaper Through Whatsapp Marketing Services
Author: Suresh Kumar
7. Top Host Company In Town
8. Digital Marketing Software Market Size
Author: Shivani Singh
9. Why Linksys Extender Are The Best
Author: pinkesh tomar
10. Common Wordpress Mistakes To Avoid
Author: Mouzzam Jafri
11. Knowing The Seo Marketing Right From The Seo Service Providers
12. Why Is Alexa Rank Important To Your Serps Rank?
Author: Web Click India
13. Simple And Useful Tips That Improve Your Alexa Ranking
Author: Web Click India
14. 6 Ways To Optimise A Website For The Mobile
15. 4 Strategies That Can Help You Make Millions Using Facebook Ads
Author: Benjamim Simkin