ALL >> Business >> View Article
Making Crane Safety The Topmost Priority
Total Articles: 28
There is no doubt that cranes are one of the most important and useful machines in an industry that deals with heavy objects. They are capable of lifting and carrying great amount of load relatively faster and efficiently than any other machine or human efforts can do. As with any power, however, the power of these enormous machines should be used intelligently and with caution. If not, it can result in extremely damaging and fatal crane accidents.
Why is it so important to be careful with cranes?
An overhead crane is a huge machine. The loads it lifts and carries are also very great. When the load is being carried by the crane from one location to another, it puts enormous pressure on the hoist and the metallic ropes of the crane. If the load becomes too much, these ropes might break and the enormous load might drop on the ground. When this happens, the falling of the objects cannot be stopped and there is no time for the workers to get away from under it. This not only can result in a great damage to the valuable objects and machinery being carried by the crane but will also result in injuries and deaths.
How to make sure that the crane is ready for the operation?
Like any machine, it is important to make sure that the crane is ready for the task it is about to perform. There is no sense in taking things for granted and assuming that all will be well. It is important that the crane operator and other workers are well aware of the characteristics of the crane such as the type, size and weight. It is also necessary to check every part of the crane to make sure it is working properly. It is important to check if the rope is mounted correctly and if it is suitable and strong enough for the load.
What is human error in a crane operation?
Most crane accidents are not due to any problems in the machine itself or faulty equipment but are due to the errors of workers performing the crane operation. Sometimes little carelessness on the part of the workers to check if the crane is in good enough condition can cause an accident. Overconfidence about their knowledge and experience or misjudgment about the capacity of the crane can also lead to serious problems.
How to greatly diminish human error?
However, this factor can be greatly diminished by providing proper training to the crane workers. They should not only be informed well about the workings of the machine but also about all the safety devices the crane limit switch, rotary limit switches, load cells, crane scales, load limiters, etc. This will help them use these devices to the best of their advantage and avoid unnecessary crane accidents.
Business Articles1. Finding The Right Camera Bag Could Be Easy With The Discussed Tips
2. Contact The Right Audience And Executives With Pharmaceutical Companies Mailing List
Author: Jane Cannon
3. Understanding The Relevance Of Real Estate Services In 2018
Author: James Hopkins
4. Get Access To Highly Focused Quickbooks Users Email List
Author: Andrew Rayel
5. What Happiness Means To You- Certified Quantum Suc
Author: Christy Whitman
6. Some Very Basic Tricks To Get Your Accounting Right
7. Accounting Service For A Small Business Confirm A Smooth Running
8. Injured By A Drunk Driver Here’s What To Do
9. You Have To Visit The Bank's Site On The Web And Fill In The Application
Author: Brandon Jones
10. Bed Bug Treatment That's Effective And Affordable
Author: Steve Stein
11. Here Are 5 Tips That Will Keep
12. Here’s All That Your Angry Customers Want Your Business To Learn!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
13. Plastic Model Aircraft
14. An Ultimate Guide To Chlorinated Polyethylene And Its Properties
15. Schramsberg Blanc De Blancs 2012