ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What To Do When The Check Engine Light Goes On
Total Articles: 312
Sometimes, warning lights get people all frazzled and lose control of the whole situation. Experts in the field of driving, automobiles, and driving safety say that people should not panic when this kind of thing happens to you.
If you notice that the "check engine" warning light suddenly appears and alerts you, what do you exactly do? First, do not panic and calm yourself down. It may become the very reason for you to get into further trouble or accidents. The truth is, these "check engine" warning lights could actually mean a couple of things. So there is no need to panic. Remaining calm and collected would keep you in control of the situation.
The "check engine" warning light is a part of the car’s system and onboard diagnostics. This is the computer part of the car that monitors and controls the performance of your vehicle. It also oversees the car’s engine speed, ignition timing, fuel mixture, and the like. The warning light comes on when this computer detects something that is not correct.
What would be the best defense when the "check engine" warning light comes on? It would be your owner’s manual. Be sure that you have read and understood important details of your owner’s manual. That way, you can check what the warning light is trying to tell you.
Once the warning light comes on, try to pull over first. Then try to look for signs of serious car problems that need your immediate attention. Check the gauges. Your car may be just overheating or there might be a low oil pressure.
It may be a very simple solution however it would help if you try to tighten your gas cap. For most cars, if the gas cap is not tightened enough, the "check engine" warning light goes on.
Try reducing your speed and the load of your vehicle. The loss of power could actually trigger the "check engine" warning light to go on. Or you can also try slowing down, or remove any accessories that need the power of your engine.
If, however, despite your efforts at trying to check what could be the problem and still you cannot find the source or the problem itself, go to the nearest professional mechanic or technician. By doing such, you are entrusting your vehicle to people who have been trained and have the knowledge on such situations.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai