ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What To Do When The Check Engine Light Goes On
Total Articles: 312
Sometimes, warning lights get people all frazzled and lose control of the whole situation. Experts in the field of driving, automobiles, and driving safety say that people should not panic when this kind of thing happens to you.
If you notice that the "check engine" warning light suddenly appears and alerts you, what do you exactly do? First, do not panic and calm yourself down. It may become the very reason for you to get into further trouble or accidents. The truth is, these "check engine" warning lights could actually mean a couple of things. So there is no need to panic. Remaining calm and collected would keep you in control of the situation.
The "check engine" warning light is a part of the car’s system and onboard diagnostics. This is the computer part of the car that monitors and controls the performance of your vehicle. It also oversees the car’s engine speed, ignition timing, fuel mixture, and the like. The warning light comes on when this computer detects something that is not correct.
What would be the best defense when the "check engine" warning light comes on? It would be your owner’s manual. Be sure that you have read and understood important details of your owner’s manual. That way, you can check what the warning light is trying to tell you.
Once the warning light comes on, try to pull over first. Then try to look for signs of serious car problems that need your immediate attention. Check the gauges. Your car may be just overheating or there might be a low oil pressure.
It may be a very simple solution however it would help if you try to tighten your gas cap. For most cars, if the gas cap is not tightened enough, the "check engine" warning light goes on.
Try reducing your speed and the load of your vehicle. The loss of power could actually trigger the "check engine" warning light to go on. Or you can also try slowing down, or remove any accessories that need the power of your engine.
If, however, despite your efforts at trying to check what could be the problem and still you cannot find the source or the problem itself, go to the nearest professional mechanic or technician. By doing such, you are entrusting your vehicle to people who have been trained and have the knowledge on such situations.
Automobiles Articles1. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
2. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
3. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen
4. Car Detailing And Car Washing – Is There Any Difference In Actual?
Author: neel patel
5. Why Buying High Performance Parts Online Is The Best Choice For Racing Car Enthusiasts
6. 5 Probable Causes For Car Engine Failure
Author: Paul Zervos
7. When Should You Opt For A Limo Service Dallas
8. Why Opt For A Limo Service Fort Worth
9. Advantages Offered By A Limo Service Dallas
10. How To Get A Truck For Rent Or A Truck Load In This Busy World
Author: Truck for rent
11. Recent Trends In Car Pooling And Car Rental In New Zealand
Author: ashok saraswat
12. The Use Of Cummins Compound Turbocharger Results In Sped Up Motor
Author: Rip Rook
13. Wearing Novelty Helmets Motorcycle Can Keep You Protected While Riding!
Author: Dickens Ben
14. Your Search For The #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
Author: Al Freilich
15. Best And Affordabale Car, Bus, Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Neetabus Shubhyatra
Author: Neetabus Shubhyatra