ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What The Future Holds For Hot Rods
Total Articles: 399
Eventually, all the muscle cars from the 20th century will return to the Earth in various altered physical states. The sport obviously can’t continue forever in current form.
But a great assurance of its future is the imminent resurgence in modern-day successors to the cars that hot-rodders worship so dearly. The new movement started in 2005 with the first new Ford Mustang since the late 70s. All the basics were there – rear-wheel-drive, V8, classic looks, cheap sticker – and it fit the profile of being designed and built in America. Even better, the Mustang’s V8 is now a modern piece that will pass all emissions standards in the foreseeable future and finds application in many cars and trucks within the lineup, satisfying that essential Hot Rod need of "cheap parts." Better yet, this 1990s-conceived engine is now developing a history and lineage (dare I say legend) of its own. Lastly, the Mustang is selling well. Ford fans, at least, can relax.
Moparheads have the next-best news. While they have nothing as cheap, focused, or American as the Mustang, their triplets of Chrysler 300C, Dodge Magnum, and Dodge Charger form a close second. Those will soon become quadruplets if the Dodge Challenger coupe (the most historically faithful) becomes a reality later this decade, probably sporting the two Hemi V8s (the 5.7-liter and the 6.1-liter) found in existing models. Like Ford’s V8, the current-day Hemi is in great demand.
Followers of the General will probably get something of their own. The Chevy Camaro concept has sparked just as much serious interest as the Challenger, meaning enough to warrant production. It too will hold the Corvette’s LS7 V8 good for 400 horsepower, prompting another few decades of Mustang-vs-Camaro wars. And while there won’t be another Pontiac Firebird, Pontiac is supposed to get a replacement for the GTO, as much as the current one fizzled.
The funny thing is that these cars will have so much muscle straight from the factory that it’s boggles the mind thinking of ways to get any more speed out of them, especially on the cheap. But that’s a challenge any true hot rodder would happily take on.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe