ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Common Mistakes Done By Conditional Green Card Holders
Total Articles: 11
A number of people get a conditional green card to stay in the United States, but these people make some mistakes that prevent them from getting a permanent resident status. Some of the mistakes done by these people are discussed below in such a way that they can avoid them and can increase their chances of getting permanent resident status:
Waiting too long: It is possible to apply for citizenship when the joint petition or waiver for removal of condition on the green card is yet to be decided, if the individual is otherwise eligible for the citizenship application process. If an individual has obtained green card via marriage and is still continuing to live with his spouse for more than three years after the obtaining of conditional citizenship status, he will be eligible to apply for permanent citizenship. Even when the residency is conditional just because of the short duration of the wedding, it is not essential that the immigrant will have to wait until the conditional petition is decided to file for permanent citizenship. Some people do not apply for citizenship even after the completion of the period of conditional green card, just because of the fact that they forget about it or they postpone the task. But, this should be avoided. Immigrants in Miami can seek the help of a permanent residence lawyer in Miami for getting the right kind of guidance in this respect.
Traveling outside the United States with an expired card: For ensuring re-entry into the United States upon departure after the expiry of the conditional residency, it is compulsory that the immigrant should have the proof of continued stay stamped in the passport. But, some people do not do this and this forces them to face problems of living in the US without any permission. In such a case, if a lawsuit is filed against him, he can seek the help of a permanent residence lawyer in Miami for getting out of the problem.
If you have earned a conditional green card to stay in any states in the US, it is essential that you will have to avoid these mistakes for ensuring a trouble-free stay in the country. Also, keeping in touch with a lawyer will be helpful for getting professional guidance then and there on issues pertaining to your stay in this country. An attorney can rightly guide you in each and every procedure pertaining to the task of getting permanent residency status.
If you are looking for Immigration attorney miami and Working visa lawyer miami then you are at the right place. We provide high quality, efficient and prompt legal representation to clients in all matters pertaining to United States immigration and nationality law. please click here
Legal Articles1. Contact Criminal Defense Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Legal Interests
2. How To Find Best Dui Lawyer In New Jersey
Author: Michael Curtis Greenberg
3. Legal Agreement Template
4. Bail Bonds Services Might Help Create A Stressful Time Easier
5. Answering The Question About The Working Of Immigration Lawyer
Author: Kri Law
6. All You Need To Know About The Truck Accidents Attorney
Author: Bkr Law
7. Why To Sought The Assistance Of Truck Accident Lawyer?
Author: Sgro Law
8. Is Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney/lawyer Really Necessary?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
9. Be Served For The Better In Hiring Car Accident Attorney/lawyer
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
10. Tips On How To Settle Your Slip And Fall Claim
11. Three Things To Look For In A Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Author: Marcus McGowan
12. How Oklahoma Business Lawyers Can Help You With Gun Trust Law
13. Arizona's Dog Bite Laws And How To Protect Yourself
14. Wrongful Death Attorney - How To File A Wrongful Death Claim
15. 7 Reasons Why Feizy Law Firm Has Got The Best Injury Attorney For Compensation In Dallas
Author: Nick Feizy