ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Common Mistakes Done By Conditional Green Card Holders
Total Articles: 11
A number of people get a conditional green card to stay in the United States, but these people make some mistakes that prevent them from getting a permanent resident status. Some of the mistakes done by these people are discussed below in such a way that they can avoid them and can increase their chances of getting permanent resident status:
Waiting too long: It is possible to apply for citizenship when the joint petition or waiver for removal of condition on the green card is yet to be decided, if the individual is otherwise eligible for the citizenship application process. If an individual has obtained green card via marriage and is still continuing to live with his spouse for more than three years after the obtaining of conditional citizenship status, he will be eligible to apply for permanent citizenship. Even when the residency is conditional just because of the short duration of the wedding, it is not essential that the immigrant will have to wait until the conditional petition is decided to file for permanent citizenship. Some people do not apply for citizenship even after the completion of the period of conditional green card, just because of the fact that they forget about it or they postpone the task. But, this should be avoided. Immigrants in Miami can seek the help of a permanent residence lawyer in Miami for getting the right kind of guidance in this respect.
Traveling outside the United States with an expired card: For ensuring re-entry into the United States upon departure after the expiry of the conditional residency, it is compulsory that the immigrant should have the proof of continued stay stamped in the passport. But, some people do not do this and this forces them to face problems of living in the US without any permission. In such a case, if a lawsuit is filed against him, he can seek the help of a permanent residence lawyer in Miami for getting out of the problem.
If you have earned a conditional green card to stay in any states in the US, it is essential that you will have to avoid these mistakes for ensuring a trouble-free stay in the country. Also, keeping in touch with a lawyer will be helpful for getting professional guidance then and there on issues pertaining to your stay in this country. An attorney can rightly guide you in each and every procedure pertaining to the task of getting permanent residency status.
If you are looking for Immigration attorney miami and Working visa lawyer miami then you are at the right place. We provide high quality, efficient and prompt legal representation to clients in all matters pertaining to United States immigration and nationality law. please click here
Legal Articles1. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
2. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
3. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
4. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
5. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
6. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
8. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
9. Check Criminal Records
10. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
12. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
13. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
14. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
15. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange