ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Common Mistakes Done By Conditional Green Card HoldersBy Expert Author: kenny akonlee
A number of people get a conditional green card to stay in the United States, but these people make some mistakes that prevent them from getting a permanent resident status. Some of the mistakes done by these people are discussed below in such a way that they can avoid them and can increase their chances of getting permanent resident status:
Waiting too long: It is possible to apply for citizenship when the joint petition or waiver for removal of condition on the green card is yet to be decided, if the individual is otherwise eligible for the citizenship application process. If an individual has obtained green card via marriage and is still continuing to live with his spouse for more than three years after the obtaining of conditional citizenship status, he will be eligible to apply for permanent citizenship. Even when the residency is conditional just because of the short duration of the wedding, it is not essential that the immigrant will have to wait until the conditional petition is decided to file for permanent citizenship. Some people do not apply for citizenship even after the completion of the period of conditional green card, just because of the fact that they forget about it or they postpone the task. But, this should be avoided. Immigrants in Miami can seek the help of a permanent residence lawyer in Miami for getting the right kind of guidance in this respect.
Traveling outside the United States with an expired card: For ensuring re-entry into the United States upon departure after the expiry of the conditional residency, it is compulsory that the immigrant should have the proof of continued stay stamped in the passport. But, some people do not do this and this forces them to face problems of living in the US without any permission. In such a case, if a lawsuit is filed against him, he can seek the help of a permanent residence lawyer in Miami for getting out of the problem.
If you have earned a conditional green card to stay in any states in the US, it is essential that you will have to avoid these mistakes for ensuring a trouble-free stay in the country. Also, keeping in touch with a lawyer will be helpful for getting professional guidance then and there on issues pertaining to your stay in this country. An attorney can rightly guide you in each and every procedure pertaining to the task of getting permanent residency status.
If you are looking for Immigration attorney miami and Working visa lawyer miami then you are at the right place. We provide high quality, efficient and prompt legal representation to clients in all matters pertaining to United States immigration and nationality law. please click here
Legal Articles1. Car Accident Attorney – Why Are They Important?
2. 7 Crucial Things To Know Before Finding A Personal Injury Lawyer Or Attorney In Plano, Texas
Author: Nick Feizy
3. Auto Accident Attorney – Tips To Get The Help You Need
4. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
5. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
6. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
7. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
8. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
9. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
10. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
11. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
13. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
14. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
15. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation