ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Choosing The Best Desktop Computer For You
Total Articles: 195
Like a lot of people in the world today, you probably have a specific budget in mind when you buy a desktop computer. You may wonder, though, how to pick out the computer. What size and shape you need and with all the new technology out there, you may be unsure what to get. We are here to help you with this most difficult decision. Read on for some great insight into what to look for when purchasing a great desktop computer.
There are four different types of a PC user. Read below to find out which one you are. This will help you choose the best computer for you and your family.
General purpose user: a general purpose use desktop computer is perfect for those who like to make pictures, edit pictures, play games and surf the net. Depending on what you need a general purpose computer can range in price from $500 to $1500.
Power User: a power user computer is a computer that can be used to make and edit movies and videos. These types of computers also allow you to make digital designs and play mega games. With these computers you will typically need 2 or more hard drives and a great graphics card. These computers typically run higher in price due to the power behind the computer and the different running systems that it will include. A power user computer can range in price from $2500 to $3500 depending on what you will need to perform the types of work that you want to do on this computer.
Home Theater Enthusiast: Do you love movies and television? Why not get a computer that can handle all of your home theater needs? This type of computer is great for people who love to watch movies and television. Windows Media Center is on all of the windows programs including the new Windows 7. When considering this type of computer always keep in mind what type of media you will be playing. This will help you to decide the video card and how much memory and output you will need. You can also find surround sound for your home theater computer, which will make your home theater even more special. When purchasing this computer make sure that is has the proper DVD drive or if you desire you can get a computer with a blue ray player allowing you the maximum high definition display. This type computer can range in price from $500 to $1500 depending on what you need included with the great entertainment model computer.
Home Office Worker: this is a great computer for those who work from home. With this type of computer you do not need the massive graphics power as other computers unless you design graphics for your home office work and then you would want a computer with a higher graphics count. You will want a system with a dual power core so that you can multitask and get the work done that you need done. Windows has a great operating system in Windows 7 that is great for being able to multitask. The newest feature on Windows 7 allows you to have different windows open at one time and you are also allowed to have them up side by side. This will save you time and you will not have to worry about your computer crashing. Mac also has a great operating system for home office as well. A home computer can run in price from $500 to $2,000 depending on what you need and how you plan on using it.
There are many different features to consider when wanting to purchase any of the before mentioned computers. The main great features that you will want to consider are:
* Processor: The two most common type of processor is AMD Athlon 64 X2, or Intel Core 2 Duo processor. You will want a Duo processor if you will be doing a lot of work or something that calls for a high speed processor such as burning or making videos and DVD's. A processor is at the most basic form the brains of your computer. The faster your processor is the better performance you will receive out of your computer. Have this guide with you when you go to purchase your new desktop. This guide will help you make a choice on what you need for your new desktop computer. Remember take into consideration all of these features and what you will be using the computer for.
Computers Articles1. Advance B2b Marketplace Portal Script
Author: sawati rawat
2. Doublemediabox.com Target Your Pc : Get Solution To Delete Doublemediabox.com
Author: Chris MArtin
3. Hosted Virtual Desktop And Application Delivery Service Provides
Author: Cyber Link
4. How To Download Netflix Movies
Author: Easy steps to download Netflix movies
5. What Are Gmail Login And Registration Procedure?
Author: John Brown
6. Client Relationship Management Software
7. How Do I Install Adobe Reader In Ubuntu ?
Author: harry jan
8. Apple Cinema Display Repairs In Hammersmith In London
9. How To Fix Adobe Flash Player Not Working Or Loading Issues?
Author: Katrina kim
10. Spam Filtering And Why Your Company Needs It
Author: Frank Bower
11. Steps In Upgrading Windows
Author: Newlite Technical Services LLC
12. Laptop Repair Centre Liverpool | Laptop Repairer
Author: Laptop Repairs
13. How Microsoft Office Support Services Can Help Maintain Ms Tools?
Author: Anika Ahuja
14. Must Have Structures Of Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
15. Find Professional Custom Design Experts To Create Your Hyip Business Impact Online