ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Mallorca– The Culture And The Festivities
Total Articles: 33
Mallorca is the largest island of the Balearics archipelago, which makes up the autonomous community furthest to the east. Like the other Balearic Islands of Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera, Mallorca is an important touristic destination both for domestic tourism as for international one. It has 3.640,11 km² and 862.397 inhabitants according to the 2009 census.
The weather is typically Mallorcan, with high temperatures in the summer, over the 30°C, and mildly low in the winter, rarely lower than 5°C. Snowfall is usual in the higher mountain ranges such as “Sierra de Tamontana”, but really nice in the plains and in the capital. As it is an island, the humidity levels are pretty high. With such good weather you just need to find mallorca villas for rent .
A visit to the monuments that Mallorca has in store for you is a must. Here are a few as a highlight. One of the most important monuments is the Bellver Castle, because it is one of the only three European castles with a circular design. Recently the caves that are in the woods close to the castle have been reformed for visitors.
If you enjoy visiting cathedrals, the Cathedral of Santa María de Palma de Mallorca will be a must in your tour. It is famous for having one of the largest Rosettes of Gothic Levantine style, being known as the Gothic Eye. In case you are on the lookout for your accommodation during your time there, take a look at villas to rent in Mallorca .
A peregrinate site of the island is the Lluc Monastery. If you want to do some healthy outdoor activities the Paseo Calviá is considered the green lung of the city, with a 32km route.
On the 20th of January the patron of Mallorca, San Sebastián, is celebrated. In most villages of the island the most celebrated festivity is San Antonio Abad, on the 17th of January, as well as the day before, the 16th. It is mostly celebrated in La Puebla, where it has been celebrated since the XIII century every year, becoming one of the most important celebrations in the island. Another of its festivities is “Dijous Bo” in Inca, which means “Good Thursday”. It is a market with all types of Mallorcan products.
The oldest festivity is celebrated at Mallorca, and is one of the oldest in Europe since it has been taking place each year since 1229. It celebrates the take-over of the crown of Aragón of the capital with the troops of King Jaime I. Surely you would like to see one of the many celebrations that Mallorca has in store for you throughout the year!
Travel Articles1. La Ciudad De Marrakech
2. Secure A Deluxe Limo And Feel Like A Star On Your Wedding Day
Author: Mark Jonsh
3. Buffalo River Float Trips – Go River Rafting To Enjoy With Your Family
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Bachelorette Party - A Crazy And Classy Night Out With Pittsburgh Limousine Service
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
5. Enjoying The Glamour And The Luxury Of Dc Limo
Author: Enjoying the Glamour and the Luxury of DC Limo
6. Limo Hire - Limo Hire London | Party Bus Hire London
7. Jeju Island And Busan Tour
Author: Tommy Na
8. Event Photographer In Argentina Can Capture Those Precious Touring Moments In The Camera!
Author: Cogert Ayala
9. Know How Owning A Shipping Container Will Benefit You
Author: Catherine Jade
10. Enjoy The Best Of Fujairah City Tours
11. Explore The Paradise By Luxurious Tour Packages
Author: Ankit Patel
12. Have An Exceptional Super Jeep Iceland Ride
Author: Ice Rovers
13. Cape Town Offers A Plethora Of Thrilling Mtb Cycling Routes That Make Each Tour Exciting
Author: Mark Robert Lawson
14. Clearly Honor Your Vows With Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
15. Get Pleasure From A Budget Tour In Kenya - A Leading Holiday Destination In Africa
Author: Nadzua Matara