ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Pick Up Stylish Shabby Chic Furniture To Create A Home A Bit Different From The Norm
Total Articles: 407
If you have just moved into a new home, or you are unhappy with your current place's appearance then it is time to start thinking about redecorating, as it is hugely important that you feel pride in your home's appearance. You will need to put your own stamp on it which shows off your personality and sense of taste, and once this is achieved you will be amazed at the impact that it will have on how you feel about the house. It will all of a sudden feel much more like a home, and you will also feel able to relax and unwind in it, as well as have guests over too.
The idea of home decorating will send a shiver down many people's spines, but this will probably be because they have little experience in doing it. Home decorating can actually be good fun, and it is also a great way to be a bit creative. Once you know how to go about home decorating then the process will become much less daunting, and before long you will have a brilliant, professional looking job done.
Before you start spending on the things you need there are a few things that you will need to consider. These include the order in which you will decorate the rooms, as doing it room by room is much more manageable than trying to do it all at once, and secondly you will need to decide on a style. It is essential that you cultivate the same style throughout the house so that it has a complete, finished feel to it – houses with clashing styles look very unprofessional and are difficult to relax in. You can look online for a range of different styles to choose from. One very popular style at the moment is shabby chic, a style that uses pastel colours, vintage floral patterns, vintage accessories and furnishings that show signs of wear and tear due to age as a counterpoint to IKEA-heavy homes.
This colourful style can look great in any home, and if you fancy it then you may want to start looking at all the shabby chic furniture that is available to you through some terrific suppliers online. When decorating, the bedroom is a good place to start as it is somewhere that you will spend a lot of your time – there are a great deal of shabby chic bedroom furniture items to pick up, such as dressing tables, bedroom chairs, headboards, accessories and so on.
Once the bedroom is complete you can go on to look at the areas you socialise in, including the lounge and dining areas. These will be followed by the kitchen, bathrooms, hallways and finally the garden. There are cool, style and high quality shabby chic items that can be used in all of these areas, so shop around, log on to Pinterest and get some ideas going that you can eventually make a reality.
Visit www.scoutaboutinteriors.co.uk for more information.
Home and Garden Articles1. Things To Consider Before Bathroom Remodeling
Author: James Luke
2. Leading Dealer And Retailer Of All Types Of Carpets In Pune
Author: Carpet House
3. Top 5 Benefits Of Owning A Kitchen Chimney
Author: Brijesh Kumar
4. Why You Should Invest In A Hot Tub?
Author: Jason Marley
5. Home Ventilation System – Proper Roof Vents For Circulation Of Air
Author: George Dean
6. Steps Taken By Packers And Movers For The Safety And Security Of Goods
7. Designer Table Covers Create A Magnificent Table Tops
8. Creative And Interesting Ideas For Home Improvement Projects
Author: Cathy Irons
9. 3 Success Tips For A Residential Interior Painting Project
Author: Christina Chen
10. 3 Tips To Buy Best Spa Suppliers For Your Luxury Day Spa
Author: Jason Marley
11. Do You Have Retractable Pergolas Installed? Here's How To Maintain It
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. Shree Karni Interior Designers In Electronic City
Author: Shree Karni
13. Contemporary Privacy Screens Suggestions To Provide You The Privacy You Need
Author: Emily Stone
14. 9 Tips In Planning A Bathroom Remodel In Phoenix
15. Cheap Furniture Movers Auckland And Their Cost Break-ups
Author: Sophie Clarck