ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Pick Up Stylish Shabby Chic Furniture To Create A Home A Bit Different From The Norm
Total Articles: 407
If you have just moved into a new home, or you are unhappy with your current place's appearance then it is time to start thinking about redecorating, as it is hugely important that you feel pride in your home's appearance. You will need to put your own stamp on it which shows off your personality and sense of taste, and once this is achieved you will be amazed at the impact that it will have on how you feel about the house. It will all of a sudden feel much more like a home, and you will also feel able to relax and unwind in it, as well as have guests over too.
The idea of home decorating will send a shiver down many people's spines, but this will probably be because they have little experience in doing it. Home decorating can actually be good fun, and it is also a great way to be a bit creative. Once you know how to go about home decorating then the process will become much less daunting, and before long you will have a brilliant, professional looking job done.
Before you start spending on the things you need there are a few things that you will need to consider. These include the order in which you will decorate the rooms, as doing it room by room is much more manageable than trying to do it all at once, and secondly you will need to decide on a style. It is essential that you cultivate the same style throughout the house so that it has a complete, finished feel to it – houses with clashing styles look very unprofessional and are difficult to relax in. You can look online for a range of different styles to choose from. One very popular style at the moment is shabby chic, a style that uses pastel colours, vintage floral patterns, vintage accessories and furnishings that show signs of wear and tear due to age as a counterpoint to IKEA-heavy homes.
This colourful style can look great in any home, and if you fancy it then you may want to start looking at all the shabby chic furniture that is available to you through some terrific suppliers online. When decorating, the bedroom is a good place to start as it is somewhere that you will spend a lot of your time – there are a great deal of shabby chic bedroom furniture items to pick up, such as dressing tables, bedroom chairs, headboards, accessories and so on.
Once the bedroom is complete you can go on to look at the areas you socialise in, including the lounge and dining areas. These will be followed by the kitchen, bathrooms, hallways and finally the garden. There are cool, style and high quality shabby chic items that can be used in all of these areas, so shop around, log on to Pinterest and get some ideas going that you can eventually make a reality.
Visit www.scoutaboutinteriors.co.uk for more information.
Home and Garden Articles1. Mosaic Tiles - Creating Attractive Illusion
Author: Emily Stone
2. How Could Floor-to-ceiling Windows Enhance The Room Appeal?
Author: Patrick Martin
3. How To Find Your Contractor At Waterloo To Renovate Kitchen -
Author: James Kyle
4. Act Wise During A Plumbing Emergency – Important Tips To Follow
Author: Nicholas Calleija
5. Nutruflo Ntf-07, Da29-00020b Haf-cin/exp, Easy To Install, Refrigerator Water Filter
6. How Promotional Products Can Help Boost Sales In Kelowna?
Author: Liam Noah
7. How To Decorative Concrete Finishing Can Improve Residential Homes?
Author: Mark Moore
8. How To Choose The Best Roof Replacement Abbotsford For Your Home?
Author: Kyrie Irving
9. Top Benefits Of Remodeling Your Kitchen
Author: John Cooper
10. Why Should You Invest In The Portable Hot Spa Tub
Author: Chris Stokes
11. Things To Remember When You Install Window Blinds
Author: Stewart Graham
12. Why Do People Buy Cream Chargers With Best Deals In Present Day Scenario
Author: Kathy Richy
13. Personalities Of Fairy Houses
Author: Lauren Kyes
14. Useful Benefits Of A House Attic Vent Fan
Author: George Dean
15. Trimming And Pruning Of Palm Trees
Author: Trimming and Pruning of Palm Trees