ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Wanna Be A Car Dealer
Total Articles: 312
Cars are one of the most important purchases in a person’s life and therefore it is wise to have the best information going into such an investment. As a car dealer this is especially important to remember when you are looking to sell cars that are used. Used cars are by far the best choice financially for someone that cannot afford to absorb the huge depreciation cost that goes along with the luxury of driving a used car. I’m sure you have heard the mantra that a new car instantly loses thousands of dollars of value as soon as you drive it off the lot.
Anyway the thing about used cars is that your buyers are not protected with things like warranties and the like that protect the owner of a new car from buying a lemon and having to pay for repair after repair. In one way the used car has stood the test of time (if the owner is being honest about its history) but, as a car dealer, you never know sometimes and it is good to have ways of protecting yourself from a poor purchase when you sell cars.
If you are a car dealer it is wise to check out the car’s repair history with a service called carfax. You simply give them the VIN (vehicle identification number) that is usually located on a metal tag on the dash of the car and they can pull up the history of the car as all repair shops enter the repairs in a national database. This includes everything from minor repairs to major overhauls.
Another thing to get in the habit of doing is taking it to a mechanic to get it looked at. Many times there are large repairs or service issues that have not shown up on the carfax report but are going to instantly add significantly more to the bottom line when you sell cars. This type of information can and should be used when negotiating on the price of the car as a car dealer.
The last thing that I would suggest to you as you become a car dealer is a site called http://edmonds.com which is a vehicle appraisal site. This site is great for coming up with the market price when you look to sell cars. The site is good because it takes into account the extra features that the car may have as well as the area of the sale and the present condition of the car. It is an unbiased resource that the seller can’t argue with and provides another strong basis for price negotiation. Hope this helps, and have fun.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook