ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Vw Hops Back In Time To Re-introduce The Rabbit
Total Articles: 312
Volkswagen aficionados will be hopping to their local dealerships this summer to welcome the Rabbit back to the German automaker's line.
The fifth-generation Golf is going back to its roots with the original Rabbit nameplate in the U.S. and Canada. The Rabbit was the first Volkswagen and the first foreign car produced in the United States. But it wasn't just its American origins that made it a 1970s icon.
The Rabbit bounced into American hearts with promises of great mileage at a time when the lines at most gas stations snaked around entire city blocks. It also offered a wide array of standard features at an attractive price. But in 1984, the Rabbit badge disappeared to be replaced by the Golf.
"The Rabbit was always exclusive to the U.S. and Canadian markets while the rest of the world had the Golf," said Kerri Martin, Volkswagen's director of brand innovation.
But American Volkswagen customers "want a relationship with their cars," according to Martin. "Names like The Thing, Beetle, Fox and Rabbit support this."
But the 2006 model is hardly your father's Rabbit or Golf. Unlike its predecessor, the new Rabbit is being made in Wolfsburg, Germany. Its $14,990 price tag for the two-door model includes an advanced ABS braking system, traction control, active front head restraints, front side airbags, air conditioning and anti-theft alarm system with remote locking.
The Rabbit's newest features include a standard electro-mechanical steering system and an optional advanced Electronic Stabilization Program. The new model also promises more interior room than ever with a large rear hatch opening and increased legroom.
All new Volkswagens come with 24-hour roadside assistance for four years with unlimited mileage.
Before the new Rabbit even reached the marketplace, it had won more than 25 awards in over 16 countries, including the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety's Top Safety Pick, the Silver Award.
The Rabbit - or Golf as it is known throughout the rest of the world - is a best-seller with over 25 million vehicles sold over five generations.
Automobiles Articles1. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
2. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
3. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
4. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
5. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook
6. Customized Harley Davidson With Actual Parts Is The Ultimate Style
Author: Levi Fysh
7. Commercial Kitchen Equipment Dubai
Author: AL RAZANA KITCHEN
8. An Overview About 3d Cad Modeling, Plm And Pdm
Author: An Overview About 3D CAD Modeling, PLM and PDM
9. Relax And Rove With Private Driver And Car Services
Author: Toby Pratt
10. 7 Things You Need To Know Before Buying A Car Battery Charger
Author: Michael Foley
11. What Is The Best Time To Trade-in Your Old Car?
Author: Wiliams Orchard
12. The Brilliance Of Japanese Cars Imported From Japan
13. New & Upcoming Sedan Cars In India 2017
Author: Trending Car
14. Compelling Reasons To Fixing Car Dents With Paintless Dent Repair
Author: Gordon Coubrough
15. Choosing Limo Service Fort Worth