ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Volkswagen Daimlerchrysler Hook Up
Total Articles: 312
Volkswagen and DaimlerChrysler are getting hitched. Well, sort of. The two predominately German automakers are not merging, but are in the process of exploring building products for one another. What is coming? Who gets what vehicle? What can all this mean? Read on and I will tell you.
It is official: Volkswagen has decided not to import its microbus "minivan" to the American market. Citing conversion costs and exchange rate differences, VW has elected instead to start selling its own version of Chrysler’s popular minivans in the US. Based on the Chrysler Voyager, the new VW minivan has yet to be named but it will be nothing more than a rebadged Voyager. The minivan will fill a glaring hole in the VW line up and keep current owners from departing the company in search of a larger people mover.
DaimlerChrysler [DCX] will benefit by maxing out production of its minivan fleet. In addition, DCX is also studying importing rebadged versions of VW’s popular compact Polo to fill a glaring gap in its own line up. The tiny Polo will likely be sold as a Dodge and be the entry level vehicle just below the soon-to-be-released Caliber, a replacement for the Neon. Details are currently sketchy, but the new "Polo" could arrive as a 2007 model.
Yes, VW and DCX aren’t getting married, but the two automakers appear to be in the fortunate position to help each other out to the benefit of both. Now, let’s just see how consumers react to the rebadged products!
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona