ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Towing A Kia Car
Total Articles: 399
If a Kia Car abruptly comes to stop and nothing actually works to get it running again, it would most probably mean that emergency towing would be necessary. In such a case it is highly advisable that the services of a commercial tow truck from an authorized Kia dealer are used to two the car. In order to prevent your Kia automobile from getting damaged, it is even advised that the car is properly lifted and towed appropriately. In fact even a flatbed or wheel dollies can be used to tow the Kia automobile.
On 4WD vehicles, your Kia vehicle must be towed with a wheel lift and dollies or flatbed equipment with all the wheels off the ground. On 2WD vehicles, it is acceptable to tow the Kia vehicle with the rear wheels on the ground (without dollies) and the front wheels off the ground. When being towed by a commercial tow truck and wheel dollies are not used, the front of the Kia vehicle should always be lifted, not the rear.
When towing your Kia vehicle in an emergency without wheel dollies:
Set the ignition switch in the ACC position. Place the transaxle shift lever in N (Neutral). Release the parking brake. Failure to place the transaxle shift lever in N (Neutral) may cause internal damage to the transaxle.
Do not tow the Kia vehicle backwards with the front wheels on the ground as this may cause damage to the vehicle. Do not tow with sling-type equipment. Use wheel lift or flatbed equipment.
Towing with a vehicle other than a tow truck
If towing service is not available in an emergency, your Kia vehicle may be temporarily towed using a cable or chain secured to the emergency towing hook under the front or rear of the vehicle. Use extreme caution when towing the vehicle. A driver must be in the Kia vehicle to steer it and operate the brakes.
Do not use the tow hooks to pull a Kia vehicle out of mud, sand or other conditions from which the vehicle cannot be driven out under its own power. Avoid towing a Kia vehicle heavier than the vehicle doing the towing.
Before emergency towing, check that the hook is not broken or damaged. Fasten the towing cable or chain securely to the hook. Do not jerk the hook. Apply steady and even force. To avoid damaging the hook, do not pull from the side or at a vertical angle. Always pull straight ahead. Use a towing strap less than 5 m (16 feet) long. Attach a white or red cloth (about 30 cm (12 inches) wide) in the middle of the strap for easy visibility. Drive carefully so that the towing strap is not loosened during towing.
Attach a towing strap to the tow hook. Using a portion of the Kia vehicle other than the tow hooks for towing may damage the body of your Kia vehicle. Use only a cable or chain specifically intended for use in towing vehicles. Securely fasten the cable or chain to the towing hook provided.
Automobiles Articles1. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
2. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
3. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
4. Driving Experience With Rentarace
5. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. How Do You Keep Lamborghini Gallardo Up And Running?
Author: Jason Jones
7. Used Cars Make More Sense For Potential Buyers
Author: Ewan Thorpe
8. Gps Tracking Devices For Your Car
9. Things You Most Likely Didn't Know About hunter Motorcycle For Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Uae International Driving License Is A Must For An Adventurous Motorist
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
11. Importance Of Driving Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
12. Benefits Of New Age Learning Technology – Driving Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
13. Know Why Li-ion Batteries Are Preferred Choice In Case Of Electric Scooters
Author: Manisha Nigam
14. Why You Should Hire An Expert To Fix A Dent In Your Car
Author: Gordon Coubrough
15. Lpg Forklifts For Sale In Andhra Pradesh