ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Various Fuses In A Kia Car And Their Replacement
Total Articles: 312
A Kia vehicles electrical system is protected from electrical overload damage by fuses. The Kia vehicle usually has two fuse panels, one located in the drivers side panel bolster, the other in the engine compartment near the battery.
If any of your Kia vehicles lights, accessories, or controls do not work, check the appropriate circuit fuse. If a fuse of the Kia car has blown, the element inside the fuse will be melted. If the electrical system does not work, first check the drivers side fuse panel. Always replace a blown fuse with one of the same rating.
Never replace a fuse of a Kia automobile with anything but another fuse of the same rating. A higher capacity fuse could cause damage possibly a fire. Never install a wire instead of the proper fuse - even as a temporary repair. It may cause extensive wiring damage and possibly a fire.
Do not use a screwdriver or any other metal object to remove fuses because it may cause a short circuit and damage the system.
Drivers side panel
Turn the ignition switch and all other switches in the Kia car off. Open the left side trim of the drivers instrument panel. Do not remove the trim from the panel completely. Pull the suspected fuse straight out. Use the removal tool provided in the fuse panel. Check the removed fuse; replace it if it is blown. Spare fuses are provided in the fuse panel. Push in a new fuse of the same rating, and make sure it fits tightly in the clips. If it fits loosely, consult an Authorized KIA Dealer. If you do not have a spare, use a fuse of the same rating from a circuit you may not need for operating the Kia vehicle, such as the cigar lighter fuse. If the headlights or other electrical components do not work and the fuses are OK, check the fuse block in the engine compartment. If a fuse is blown, it must be replaced.
After checking the fuse box in the engine compartment of the Kia automobile, securely install the fuse box cover. If not, electrical failures may occur from water leaking in.
Turn the ignition switch and all other switches in the Kia vehicle off. Remove the fuse box cover by pressing the taps on both ends and pulling up. Check the removed fuse; replace it if it is blown. To remove or insert the fuse, use the fuse puller in the drivers side panel in the vehicle. Push in a new fuse of the same rating, and make sure it fits tightly in the clips. If it fits loosely, consult an Authorized KIA Dealer.
If the ALT fuse of the Kia car is blown, it must be removed as follows:
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the screws shown in the picture above. Replace the fuse with a new one of the same rating. Reinstall in the reverse order of removal.
Power connector fuse
Your Kia vehicle is equipped with a power connector fuse to prevent battery discharge if your vehicle is parked without being operated for prolonged periods.
Automobiles Articles1. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
2. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
3. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen
4. Car Detailing And Car Washing – Is There Any Difference In Actual?
Author: neel patel
5. Why Buying High Performance Parts Online Is The Best Choice For Racing Car Enthusiasts
6. 5 Probable Causes For Car Engine Failure
Author: Paul Zervos
7. When Should You Opt For A Limo Service Dallas
8. Why Opt For A Limo Service Fort Worth
9. Advantages Offered By A Limo Service Dallas
10. How To Get A Truck For Rent Or A Truck Load In This Busy World
Author: Truck for rent
11. Recent Trends In Car Pooling And Car Rental In New Zealand
Author: ashok saraswat
12. The Use Of Cummins Compound Turbocharger Results In Sped Up Motor
Author: Rip Rook
13. Wearing Novelty Helmets Motorcycle Can Keep You Protected While Riding!
Author: Dickens Ben
14. Your Search For The #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
Author: Al Freilich
15. Best And Affordabale Car, Bus, Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Neetabus Shubhyatra
Author: Neetabus Shubhyatra