ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Various Fuses In A Kia Car And Their Replacement
Total Articles: 399
A Kia vehicles electrical system is protected from electrical overload damage by fuses. The Kia vehicle usually has two fuse panels, one located in the drivers side panel bolster, the other in the engine compartment near the battery.
If any of your Kia vehicles lights, accessories, or controls do not work, check the appropriate circuit fuse. If a fuse of the Kia car has blown, the element inside the fuse will be melted. If the electrical system does not work, first check the drivers side fuse panel. Always replace a blown fuse with one of the same rating.
Never replace a fuse of a Kia automobile with anything but another fuse of the same rating. A higher capacity fuse could cause damage possibly a fire. Never install a wire instead of the proper fuse - even as a temporary repair. It may cause extensive wiring damage and possibly a fire.
Do not use a screwdriver or any other metal object to remove fuses because it may cause a short circuit and damage the system.
Drivers side panel
Turn the ignition switch and all other switches in the Kia car off. Open the left side trim of the drivers instrument panel. Do not remove the trim from the panel completely. Pull the suspected fuse straight out. Use the removal tool provided in the fuse panel. Check the removed fuse; replace it if it is blown. Spare fuses are provided in the fuse panel. Push in a new fuse of the same rating, and make sure it fits tightly in the clips. If it fits loosely, consult an Authorized KIA Dealer. If you do not have a spare, use a fuse of the same rating from a circuit you may not need for operating the Kia vehicle, such as the cigar lighter fuse. If the headlights or other electrical components do not work and the fuses are OK, check the fuse block in the engine compartment. If a fuse is blown, it must be replaced.
After checking the fuse box in the engine compartment of the Kia automobile, securely install the fuse box cover. If not, electrical failures may occur from water leaking in.
Turn the ignition switch and all other switches in the Kia vehicle off. Remove the fuse box cover by pressing the taps on both ends and pulling up. Check the removed fuse; replace it if it is blown. To remove or insert the fuse, use the fuse puller in the drivers side panel in the vehicle. Push in a new fuse of the same rating, and make sure it fits tightly in the clips. If it fits loosely, consult an Authorized KIA Dealer.
If the ALT fuse of the Kia car is blown, it must be removed as follows:
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the screws shown in the picture above. Replace the fuse with a new one of the same rating. Reinstall in the reverse order of removal.
Power connector fuse
Your Kia vehicle is equipped with a power connector fuse to prevent battery discharge if your vehicle is parked without being operated for prolonged periods.
Automobiles Articles1. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
2. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
3. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
4. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
5. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
9. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
10. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
11. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
12. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
13. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
14. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point