ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Various Fuses In A Kia Car And Their Replacement
Total Articles: 312
A Kia vehicles electrical system is protected from electrical overload damage by fuses. The Kia vehicle usually has two fuse panels, one located in the drivers side panel bolster, the other in the engine compartment near the battery.
If any of your Kia vehicles lights, accessories, or controls do not work, check the appropriate circuit fuse. If a fuse of the Kia car has blown, the element inside the fuse will be melted. If the electrical system does not work, first check the drivers side fuse panel. Always replace a blown fuse with one of the same rating.
Never replace a fuse of a Kia automobile with anything but another fuse of the same rating. A higher capacity fuse could cause damage possibly a fire. Never install a wire instead of the proper fuse - even as a temporary repair. It may cause extensive wiring damage and possibly a fire.
Do not use a screwdriver or any other metal object to remove fuses because it may cause a short circuit and damage the system.
Drivers side panel
Turn the ignition switch and all other switches in the Kia car off. Open the left side trim of the drivers instrument panel. Do not remove the trim from the panel completely. Pull the suspected fuse straight out. Use the removal tool provided in the fuse panel. Check the removed fuse; replace it if it is blown. Spare fuses are provided in the fuse panel. Push in a new fuse of the same rating, and make sure it fits tightly in the clips. If it fits loosely, consult an Authorized KIA Dealer. If you do not have a spare, use a fuse of the same rating from a circuit you may not need for operating the Kia vehicle, such as the cigar lighter fuse. If the headlights or other electrical components do not work and the fuses are OK, check the fuse block in the engine compartment. If a fuse is blown, it must be replaced.
After checking the fuse box in the engine compartment of the Kia automobile, securely install the fuse box cover. If not, electrical failures may occur from water leaking in.
Turn the ignition switch and all other switches in the Kia vehicle off. Remove the fuse box cover by pressing the taps on both ends and pulling up. Check the removed fuse; replace it if it is blown. To remove or insert the fuse, use the fuse puller in the drivers side panel in the vehicle. Push in a new fuse of the same rating, and make sure it fits tightly in the clips. If it fits loosely, consult an Authorized KIA Dealer.
If the ALT fuse of the Kia car is blown, it must be removed as follows:
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the screws shown in the picture above. Replace the fuse with a new one of the same rating. Reinstall in the reverse order of removal.
Power connector fuse
Your Kia vehicle is equipped with a power connector fuse to prevent battery discharge if your vehicle is parked without being operated for prolonged periods.
Automobiles Articles1. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
2. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford
3. How To Detail Car Like A Pro
Author: neel patel
4. Things You Probably Didn't Know About Sell Your Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Auto Care
Author: James Elston
6. How Car Valeting In Sutton Can Increase Your Profit!
Author: Rhys Gibson
7. Different Ways Of Finding Custom Choppers On Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Find The Best Auto Financing Rates
9. Points To Know When Financing New Car
Author: haggerty ford
10. Two Great Tips That Can Help You Maintain Your Bmw Luxury Car Better
Author: BMW Bavaria Motors
11. 3 Tips For You To Be Careful While Buying A Used Luxury Car
Author: BMW Parsoli Motors
12. Carbon Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Is Designed To Deliver Maximum Convenience And Benefit For The
Author: Paul Pinigis
13. Essential Tips For Purchasing A New Car
14. Australian Transport Fuel Tanks On Show Across The World
15. Car Essentials – Things You Should Always Have In Your Car
Author: neel patel