ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Flying In A Middle Seat
Total Articles: 468
Although cheap travel deals, including cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, discount travel packages, and cheap vacation packages often make travel affordable, getting stuck in a middle seat often is no fun.
Sometimes though, you have no choice. Planes are flying full these days and thus many passengers inevitably end up in these seats. The average domestic flight has 50 unfortunate passengers stuck in dreaded middle seats.
The following are suggestions from Smarter Travel how passengers in middle seats can arrive at their destinations with their sanity and comfort intact:
• Use your tray table to take a nap. Roll your jacket into a makeshift pillow. Never place your face directly on a tray table since they are known to be home to plenty of bacteria. If you did not bring a jacket, at least disinfect your tray table before placing you face on it.
• Sleep upright by packing the travel pillow that works best for your body. Some prefer a standard neck pillow while others like a shoulder wrapping Travelrest Pillow, and still others a jacket that converts into a pillow. Blow up travel pillows are usually preferred because of the limited space they take up in carry-on.
• Buy and bring noise canceling headphones to take your mind off of your limited space and block out distractions.
• Do not be reluctant to claim your space when first sitting down. Make the armrests your own. Most people understand that the middle passenger gets both armrests. Make certain to claim both armrests early so that you do not have to deal with a passenger who does not follow this common courtesy.
• Fully utilize your knee space. Consider using the “Knee Defender” to keep the passenger in front of you from leaning his or her seat backward. Alternatively, politely request this person from leaning back if you need this space.
• Keeping busy is the best way for time to fly by. Watch a movie, read, or play a game.
• Pack an in flight survival kit that includes an eye mask, electronics device such as a tablet, laptop or handheld game console, headphones, book, puzzle book, a sweater or jacket, and snacks.
• Do not be reluctant to ask to be reseated. Just because you were initially assigned a middle seat does not mean that a better seat is necessarily unavailable. Ask at the gate whether there are any available window or aisle seats. Be ready to ask again, if need be, about a better seat location after you have boarded.
• Be smarter the next time you travel by booking early and selecting your seat, when possible, during the booking process. When dealing with airlines that do not allow advanced seat selection, check in for your flight as early as possible, usually 24 hours prior to departure.
Travel Articles1. Thrilling And Satisfying Wedding Road Trip Charter Bus Service Through Austin
2. Glamorize Transport For Wedding Guests With Dulles Airport Car Service
Author: Dulles Limo Service
3. Visit Bangpra International Golf Club Course Under Asian Golf Trips
Author: David Patrick
4. Best Family Cottages In Ooty
5. Achieve Wedding Transportation In Dc Impressively
Author: Saied Luliah
6. A Complete Guide To Bed And Breakfasts In Seldovia
7. Protect Your Wedding Day By Booking Cheap Limo Service
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
8. Guide To Sardar Garh Heritage Hotel
Author: Sardargarh Heritage Hotel
9. Malta Tourist Visa For Indian Citizens
Author: svs visa services
10. The Mysterious Cambodia
Author: The mysterious Cambodia
11. Low-key, Romantic Wedding Plans With Cheap Car Service In Houston
Author: Cheap Car Service Houston
12. Make The Most Of Your Trip By Exploring Resorts Near Gurgaon For Weekends.
Author: Aravali Resorts
13. Weddings Require Suitable And Appropriate Limo Service In Dc
Author: Dc Limousine Service
14. Safaris In Tanzania
Author: Joseph Reeves
15. Arrange Easy Wedding Plans With A Competent San Diego Car Service
Author: San Diego Car Service